Sign in to follow this  
bgard72

Should I pick up a handcuff?

I start 2 RB's, and here is my 4 guys on my team:

1. Steven Jackson

2. DeShaun Foster

3. Fred Taylor

4. Wali Lundy

The owner that has DeAngelo Williams has Tatum Bell as his #3. He may want a more stable guy that starts. I know this owner wanted Wali Lundy when I picked him in the draft.

Do I offer him Wali Lundy for DeAngelo Williams? I believe DeShaun Foster is definitely the starter in Carolina and I believe will have a good year. However, he has been injury prone.

Do stay with my 4 potential starters? Or do I give up Wali Lundy and pick up DeAngelo Williams for a safety net for the Carolina running game?

I'll answer yours as well.

Thanks!

DeAngelo williams would be good insurance for Foster, I think he'll end up hurt again. Even with Lundy starting he will probably share the load so I like the idea of getting Williams.

I'm pretty high on Foster, I think he'll have a good year. Lundy for Williams would be OK, even better if this is a dynasty or keeper league. Either way, you're getting insurance, which is nice. I'm not sold on Wali. I wasn't really sold on Davis, let alone Lundy.

Your best bet might be to wait a week and see what Lundy does. If it's nothing, you're stuck with him but he could be an OK bye fill in. If he blows up, you can probably get more for him than Williams.

Thanks for seeing mine. That's a tough one. For long-term value, I'd rather have Williams than Lundy. But considering you only have 3 other backs, one of who is Fragile Fred, you don't necessarily have the luxury of "wasting" a potential RB on a handcuff for Foster. What I mean is, if you pick up Williams and Foster doesn't get hurt and Taylor goes down, then all you really have at RB is Foster and SJax. It might be better to hold on to Lundy. I guess that will depend alot on how long to expect D Davis to be out, and if Houston is bringing in somebody new (like Chris Brown). If you make the trade, are there any other RB's on waivers worth adding?

Sorry I can't provide a definitive answer, I think it's a tough call.

Thanks for seeing mine.

Tough call. But I would make the trade, I like having insurance, but I dont think SS will need it this year...but Iv'e been wrong before. :dunno:

Just my 2 cents.

i would get williams , lundy hasnt proved nothing in the nfl. it is good insurance for foster

As it is you have 3 1/2 starters (Lundy will split with Morency) I wouldn't do anything right now. I think Lundy is the real deal and you'll be able to get more than a back up for him later on.

Foster is a big injury risk though and Williams is a guy who is capable of taking the starting job if he gets a chance to start. Let's just assume Foster stays healthy...you gave away Lundy for nothing!

Either way you are rolling the dice. I like the reward for keeping Lundy vs the risk of trading for a back up.

Good luck.......thanks for checking mine.

As it is you have 3 1/2 starters (Lundy will split with Morency) I wouldn't do anything right now. I think Lundy is the real deal and you'll be able to get more than a back up for him later on.

Foster is a big injury risk though and Williams is a guy who is capable of taking the starting job if he gets a chance to start. Let's just assume Foster stays healthy...you gave away Lundy for nothing!

Either way you are rolling the dice. I like the reward for keeping Lundy vs the risk of trading for a back up.

Good luck.......thanks for checking mine.

Thanks Cuse9...I think I'll go with you and aggiewildlife on this one. I'll hold out a little bit and see how Lundy performs. Hopefully, he'll turn out to be valuable.

Guys...thinking more about this.

I start 3 WR's, and have 3 WR's on my bench. My starters:

1) Chad Johnson

2) Randy Moss

3) Keenan McCardell

Bench

1) Michael Clayton

2) Troy Williamson

3) Bobby Engram

The guy that has DeAngelo Williams only has 2 WR's on his bench...Keyshawn and Santonio Holmes of Pitt.

I'm thinkin' I offer him one of my BENCH WR's for DeAngelo. Rate my bench WR's in the order of who you would offer up to him first.

Thanks!

Leave me a link and I'll answer yours.

Guys...thinking more about this.

I start 3 WR's, and have 3 WR's on my bench. My starters:

1) Chad Johnson

2) Randy Moss

3) Keenan McCardell

Bench

1) Michael Clayton

2) Troy Williamson

3) Bobby Engram

The guy that has DeAngelo Williams only has 2 WR's on his bench...Keyshawn and Santonio Holmes of Pitt.

I'm thinkin' I offer him one of my BENCH WR's for DeAngelo. Rate my bench WR's in the order of who you would offer up to him first.

Thanks!

Leave me a link and I'll answer yours.

dont trade lundy for deangelo, i rank ure reeivers to trade like this

williamson then clayton, then engram

If you can get DeAngelo for one of your bench WRs, go for it. If not, trading Lundy for him would certainly not be a bad deal.

dont trade lundy for deangelo, i rank ure reeivers to trade like this

williamson then clayton, then engram

Thanks! I was kinda thinkin' the same as who to trade first....1) Williamson 2) Clayton 3) Engram