Sign in to follow this  
jeffkomlo

Big trade

I give up LJ, Buress, Maroney

Get, Rudi, Ward, Addai

Have Westbrook, Dunn, C. Taylor and Lundy at RB. Roy Williams and Reggie Brown at WR.

What ya think?

I think that I see what your seeing, Rudi in a more potent offense & the risk that LJ won't live up to the hype. I heard John Clayton say that he averages 1.something YPC when running to the left versus 6.whatever running to the right. Crazy what Roaf takes away! ANYHOW, before I get to far off topic... I wouldn't do it. Ward's offense is waaaay to conservative (especially compared to the high powered Giants offense) so you'd lose out on the potential of Burress and some big games from & Eli. Also, I saw on NFL Tonight that Addai is only average 1.6 YPC in the preseason! Maroney is 2nd or 3rd with close to 5! Neither rookie is going to start right away, but if one eventually does, I'd think it's going to be Maroney and I think he has more upside than Addai.

Spew on this...

i'd consider it in a keeper league but would insist on a number one at wideout to compliment addai and wouldn't drop maroney... then, after considering it, i'd say "no thank you, crook"

unclemercy

With LJ, Dunn, and Westy, you are in a position to keep LJ and use your other players to upgrade at WR or QB. Keeping Burress and Williams and packaging Taylor with either Dunn or Westy could land you a Holt or a Boldin. I'd look for trades, but not for LJ--you have too much power and depth to need to trade him