Sign in to follow this  
z00g

Drew Bledsoe

Okay, I'm wondering guys, why is Drew Bledsoe ranked at the #4 QB spot on FFT?

It just doesn't make sense to me. My impression of Bledsoe is over-the-hill, immobile and oft-sacked. What puts him up ahead of McNabb, Bulger, Eli, Green, Plummer, Palmer, Delhomme, CPep, and others? I don't think TO would be a heavy upgrade given the risk associated, and I just don't see Bledsoe being drafted ahead of these guys.

So what do you think? 7th round steal? :rolleyes: Or is he being way overrated?

Have you not watched any of his preseason games. He's doing great without Owens. When Owens gets back that team is going to be scary.

anyone remember D. Mcnabbs stats before T.O.? They were ok but when T.O. joined the team D. Mcnabbs stats looked real good. I'm high on Bledsoe and feel Drews off nights will be 175/1 and normal 225/2 which is great for a middle/late round pick. And I'm sure he'll through a couple great 275/3 games in there too.

Bledsoe = :thumbsup: st ballot HOFer

Bledsoe should throw for at least 3,700 yards and 24 TDs this year. With Owens around, the upside is there for more. If he goes over 25 TDs and/or 3,800 yards passing I'd say he's got to be right around the Top 5 QBs this year.

That sounds about right. Bledsoe was the 8th rated QB in my league last year and with the addition of TO has no reason but to finish near the top five. I picked him up in the 8th round of a 14 team draft. I like his value paired w/ vick in the 12th. Now if you got ff points for sacks and immobility Bledsoe would be 1-2ish. :blink:

I went with Bledsoe in the 8th and Plummer in the 10th. I'm happy with the picks considering what these guys have done last 1-2 years, preseason, and the addition of significant receivers for both. Good value picks, IMO.

Four is exactly where I had in my rankings. I was planning on getting him in the 5th in my league but I ended up taking Manning in the first and a Cowboy homer took Bledsoe in the 4th anyway.

You can probably get him later than that in most drafts but I was definitely targeting the guy this year. Last year he finished 6th in my scoring system. This year the the Cowboys as a whole have improved and the addition of TO increases his stock even more. I dont care what anyone says. I dont see any serious risk with TO here and Im a Redskins fan. That situation is the most sensationalizd thing in recent NFL and fantasy football memory.

But back to Bledsoe. If the Dallas O-line protects him even decently then he will have a monster statistical season. People forget how well Bledsoe played for a good deal of the season last year. When he struggled was when Dal was having problems at both Tackle spots with Flozell Adams and some other guys hurt.

Go ahead and take people like Bulger, C-pep, Eli, and Delhomme before him. It will be a mistake. The smart thing to do is wait and grab Bledoe later if your league is like you and doenst know how much value he has.

After Manning and now an apparently healthy Palmer, I am willing to bet that Bledsoe has as good or better a statistical year than ANY other QB.

What are the chances that Bono takes his job during the season?

Chances are very low.

He's probably on tour right now, he's very busy trying to fight aids and poverty in Africa, and he thinks football is futbol.