Sign in to follow this  
lowman

Anyone want to join in and start a

Sit Vick vs Carolina

Start Plummer vs St.Louis

Obvious choices....dont you think?

1st I wouldnt draft Vick If I did hed be my 2.....unless someone had Vick and Grossman as their QBs I doubt they would start Vick week 1....

there are still some preseason games tonight......people are still drafting, chill out a little bit until it get right near gameday....

HTH :clap:

QB was very low priority, that's how I ended up with those two.Which both of those guys will end up at or witin 25 ff points of the top 12. Anyway as far as waiting for responses man it just seems like I answer three or four a day, but never any responses to my thread.And then some smart arse like yourself has to say something without thinking your staement through.

Obvious choices....dont you think?

1st I wouldnt draft Vick If I did hed be my 2.....unless someone had Vick and Grossman as their QBs I doubt they would start Vick week 1....

there are still some preseason games tonight......people are still drafting, chill out a little bit until it get right near gameday....

HTH :D

Sorry for the hijack, but start 1 qb leagues suck, I dont know any other way to put it...... I play in several different leagues but I cant think of a better illustration of why all leagues should be start 2 qb leagues, than when people say Michael Vick should not even be considered for a starting line-up... Just ridiculous..... I have played in both league types for years and in our two qb leagues the drafts are a much less cookie cutter, drafting & managing requires much more stategy, and trades happen much more frequently... If you love FF this is the way to go IMO.... and for those that say it doesn't work with more than 12 + teams well that is simply not true, you just have to be a little creative.... {off of soapbox}

To try and get the thread back on track.... Start...

Phillip Rivers vs. Oakland

Trent Green vs. Cincy

Start Deshaun Foster vs. atl...

Brian Westbrook vs. Houston

Plaxico Burress vs. Indy

Sammie Parker vs. Cincy

LJ Smith vs. Houston

Dallas vs Jax

i'll throw my $.02 in the mix and wouldn't mind giving it a go every week if there is some interest for it

Start

The Obvious

Thomas Jones CHI - vs. GB Chicago will be playing ahead more often than not and will run the ball like crazy. Even if it's RBBC this week should be great for both Benson and Jones but seeing as he gets the starting nod, Jones will be huge week 1.

Rudi Johnson CIN - vs. KC The Chiefs still haven't proven that the defense is really improved enough to be a force in the league. They don't really have a fearsome inside duo and Cincinnati will likely want to protect Palmer some by keep running the ball.

Reuben Droughns CLE - vs. NO Frye has struggled, Edwards and Winslow have little to no experience. It will take a while for the passing game to get going and the Saints have issues all around. Will likely be close enough that ball control and defense will be key and Droughns will get his share and more.

Philadelphia Defense - vs. HOU At the start of the season the defense has a bit of an edge in regards to blitzing. Until blocking schemes and timing gets better from game action blitzes are more effective and you know that Jim Johnson will blitz Carr. No huge running threat I expect a lot of sacks, fumbles, INTs, and not a lot of points.

The Not-So Obvious

Frank Gore SF - vs. ARI Even though the Cardinals are improved on both sides this should be a close game. The 49er's defense gave even good teams fits last year so SF could even be playing from ahead in this one and now that the RB position seems locked up by Gore alone, he will have a great game being a focus of a growing offense.

Lavernues Coles NYJ - vs. TEN Pacman has looked out of place in the secondary and has really lapsed on his coverage. Pennington ahs been throwing a lot to Coles so far this preseason and with McCareins falling off this will only increase looks towards Coles. Barlow may not be fully integrated yet so the run game could struggle. I'd expect at least one long pass and 1 or more TDs mathing up against Jones.

Terry Glenn DAL - vs. JAC TO had some timing issues due to his missed time at camp and Bledsoe has been more than willing to throw to Glenn so far. Even if his concussion keeps him out of the game, Romo looked sharp and spread the ball nicely, I'd even be more confident WITH Romo. The run game has looked sub-par so they might be forced to air it out often.

The 'Hype' Guys

Mike Bell DEN - vs. StL OK, so I got sick of this and dropped him BUT he still sits a top the depth chart as of now. That means little in Denver but against the Rams defense any little opportunity should yield big results. The system could yet again yield a different rookie 1000 yard back, I'd say St. Louis will be a start to it.

Sit

The Obvious

Ahman Green GB - vs. CHI I shouldn't have to even mention this one. Best defense, bad offense, injury concerns.... I don't see a lot of positive here

Deion Branch NE - vs. BUF There are rumors of a trade so I put Branch on here. Chances are if it isn't true he won't play but if he does swap out somewheres he may play but will have no rhythm, no practice, no conditioning.

David Carr HOU - vs. PHI Bad match-up and will be pressured a lot. See above for more details.

Rex Grossman CHI - vs. GB 1 TD in 4 preseason games. Now thats effectiveness..... NOT. They will run too much for Grossman to ever be an effective FF QB, I could put him here every week.

The Not-So Obvious

Julius Jones DAL - vs. JAC Hard pressed not to list him as an obvious Sit but he should still be a high pick and it's tough to sit guys that go in rounds 1-3. Minus yards at Minnesota and now he gets to face Henderson and Stroud, UGGGH. Minus yardage might be a stretch but so could a prediction of 50.

Trent Green KC - vs. CIN I have said it once, I shall say it again: The Chiefs offense is just too damn old! Kennison is NOT a #1 WR, Gonzalez may need to block more, I'm not thrilled with either OT position. I expect a bit of a rough day here from a decent pass rush and a very opportunistic secondary.

Randy Moss OAK - vs. SD Jammer has been the one bright spot in that bad secondary for the past years although it seems to be pulling around now. The Oakland OL looks horrible blocking and Brooks looks lost when the pressure comes. San Diego can play that pressure defense as evidenced when they made Manning look ordinary last year. Brooks will struggle and they never really showed anything during preseason anyways.

The 'Hype' Guys

Wali Lundy HOU - vs. PHI I've posted enough on the Texans-Eagles, you should get the point by now.

Joseph Addai IND - vs. NYG I don't expect a ton of running from the Colts and it appears as a RBBC for now. I expect Rhodes to eventually lose out but until then against any tough D they should both be on the bench.

Donte' Stallworth PHI - vs. HOU Even though the hype about Stallworth will eventually be realized, he is in a new offense and has had little to no time to get familiar. I doubt Reid will run more by choice but they should be up early and run to keep the clock going limiting Stallworth both mentally and through his opportunities.

like i said, i wouldn't mind doing this every week if you guys want it done, that is if it is any help at all

criticism is welcome and i will gladly eat any of my words..... of course i will gloat to the nines when im right :rolleyes:

Thanks for the insight Esoitl, I would be very interested in hearing your analysis every week.

You suggest starting Gore in week 1, would you start him over Fred Taylor or Jamal Lewis? I ask this question for both Week 1, and in general?

Thanks for the insight Esoitl, I would be very interested in hearing your analysis every week.

:banana:

You suggest starting Gore in week 1, would you start him over Fred Taylor or Jamal Lewis? I ask this question for both Week 1, and in general?

hmmm.... tough call

Gore is your best bet IMO and i dont particularly like either of your other options a whole lot

id bench Taylor in this case, week one at least and maybe beyond

i trust Baltimore to move the ball a little bit better as well as i trust Lewis more to score than i do Taylor

the only concern i have here is the hip injury although it sounds as if he is ready to go and only resting it

Gore and Lewis