Sign in to follow this  
Dan Sez

Round 3 and 4

Know Doubt took the top two QBs of the draft and wanted this message passed along...

He is open for trade offers

(thanks for the call)

Regarding Gates....

Not quite the combo my divsional arch-rival has in Shockey/Winslow, but Boo/Gates should be good.

Hell, someone has to catch the ball in SD...having a nice spring as well.

Call from daycare, his youngest is ill.

He will call in shortly.

Woods and Clayton, two first round selections from what is supposedly a very strong draft class of wideouts. Now I just need one or both to hit.

San Fran is so unsettled, Woods could wind up as a bonified starter by the end of the season. Tampa has a couple of elderly starters in McCardell and Galloway so it may take a while for Clayton to get his chance.

I'm excited.

Regarding Gates....

Not quite the combo my divsional arch-rival has in Shockey/Winslow, but Boo/Gates should be good.

Shockey is injured.

Regarding Gates....

Shockey is injured.

And it's only June. Plenty'o'time'ta'heal.

Regarding Gates....

Shockey is injured.

And it's only June. Plenty'o'time'ta'heal.

NO!...it will fester and turn into flesh eating disease. Might as well stick a fork in him. You OTC by the way.

One down - one to go.

Pale Rider - please check mail while I mull my options. Thanks.

Hot Rod is old, sure, but he's projected to be the most productive WR that was available in this draft. Only for one or two more years, granted. But with Ward + Chambers + DJax + Andre + Lloyd + now Rod I like my set of WR's very much thank you.

Smith is a great pickup. I was very tempted but have decided to try a different path this season. The Alcatraz division was pretty tough last season.

Are you guys tracking the bye weeks yet and what it does to your rosters/picks?

My belief is that Big Ben will ultimately be better than both Rivers and Manning. Much better WR's, and Duce Staley isn't too bad at pass-catching either. Behind Leftwich and Palmer, I feel like I can afford to wait a year.

Smith is a great pickup. I was very tempted but have decided to try a different path this season. The Alcatraz division was pretty tough last season.

That's who I was going to take :headbanger:

Smith is a great pickup.  I was very tempted but have decided to try a different path this season.  The Alcatraz division was pretty tough last season.

That's who I was going to take :headbanger:

I was debating Green vs Roeth. I was hoping Green would slide a little more. I guess not.

Gage was a good pick....was hoping he'd make it the 4th. :headbanger:

JGalt...projections don't factor in injuries, good luck with Smith. :thumbsup:

Frankly, no. I'll worry more about that come August.

Gage was a good pick....was hoping he'd make it the 4th. :thumbsup:

I'll keep my expectations in check: 1,800 yards and 10 scores. That's about it. :headbanger:

Freakin YAHOO has been screwed up all day. They are launching their "New and Improved" version of Mail Plus (of which I subscribe).

More like "Slow and Tortured" while they mess with my settings. I am having a hard time getting to that email account and sending Pale a note.

Will try again without slamming the poor keyboard down. It is not the keyboard's fault.

:headbanger: :thumbsup: :cry:

Freakin YAHOO has been screwed up all day. They are launching their "New and Improved" version of Mail Plus (of which I subscribe).

More like "Slow and Tortured" while they mess with my settings. I am having a hard time getting to that email account and sending Pale a note.

Will try again without slamming the poor keyboard down. It is not the keyboard's fault.

:headbanger: :thumbsup: :cry:

I just sent one to his "other" address.

Randle El is not only valuable for the punt returns, he's also got a real chance to be at least the #2 WR there by next season. :headbanger:

Clearly not yet - I just took my 4th WR with a week seven bye.

Here's hoping that Morgan develops a rapport with Garcia and benefits from the pressure that Winslow will take off of him.

BOMBS AWAY!!! :bandana:

Here's hoping that Morgan develops a rapport with Garcia and benefits from the pressure that Winslow will take off of him.

BOMBS AWAY!!! :bandana:

:D No, It's Northcutt who does that. :P But yeah here's hoping Garcia is throwin bombs! :bandana:

Guys,

Like I said a few months ago...JGalt figured this thing out long before we did and he's thoroughly kicking our asses. It's especially painful for me I guess, since he's in my division. :bandana:

Not complaining at all, I actually congratulate him. Not too many times have I been out-foxed. Round 1 to JGalt.

Guys,

Like I said a few months ago...JGalt figured this thing out long before we did and he's thoroughly kicking our asses. It's especially painful for me I guess, since he's in my division. :bandana:

Not complaining at all, I actually congratulate him. Not too many times have I been out-foxed. Round 1 to JGalt.

I guess thanks for thinking so, but no games are played in Feb and Jun.

Guys,

Like I said a few months ago...JGalt figured this thing out long before we did and he's thoroughly kicking our asses.  It's especially painful for me I guess, since he's in my division.  :bandana: 

Not complaining at all, I actually congratulate him.  Not too many times have I been out-foxed.  Round 1 to JGalt.

I guess thanks for thinking so, but no games are played in Feb and Jun.

True...an injury here or there and things can turn.

All I'm saying is you are kicking our asses on paper....and right now that doean't make me happy. :bandana:

Question for you guys:

If Swerski hadn't taken Warner at 2.02 would you have grabbed him by now?

Question for you guys:

:bandana: no nonononono no no

Witten looks good, seems to be a Parcels "guy" and Bill has a history of productive TEs.

I took Pinkston, hoping all the attention to the Mouth will let him sneak in about 900 yards and 5 or 6 TDs. God, I hate San Fran and Philly and look at what is on my roster! What has fantasy football done to me?

Question for you guys:

To answer my own question: nope

Well, personally, I have too many other holes to fill and two young QBs on my roster (Brady and Harrington) I will need another QB eventually but again, too many holes, projects, vaporstats and probablies.

He could turn out to be a top 5 QB again, Toomer is a decent reciever and Hilliard/Carter can offer other targets. Shockley, if he could get his foot out of his arse, can also pad Warner's stats.

Well, personally, I have too many other holes to fill and two young QBs on my roster (Brady and Harrington) I will need another QB eventually but again, too many holes, projects, vaporstats and probablies.

He could turn out to be a top 5 QB again, Toomer is a decent reciever and Hilliard/Carter can offer other targets. Shockley, if he could get his foot out of his arse, can also pad Warner's stats.

He's going to get killed behind that line.

He's going to get killed behind that line.

:yes:

Upside guys, upside. Warner could bust big time or he could hit and become a top 5 QB again. If he does hit, and I think he has something left in the tank, I give myself some options. My team is a wasteland right now, I gotta take a risk this time through.