Sign in to follow this  
hadji

Mason @ Tampa Bay or Reggie Brown vs Houston

I need to start one of these guys. Who would you go with? Derrick Mason or Reggie Brown. Help me out and I'll be more than happy to answer yours.

I'd go with Mason just because he and McNair are back together again.

Stallworth will take away from Brown too much

Thanks for answering mine

I think McNabb will be out to prove something early and he may not have had enough time to get timing down with Stallworth...go with Reggie.

thanks for mine

(PS, I am a griese fan and would not mind seeing him. I guess you have to give Rex a chance, because due to injuried he has not had that chance. If he's healthy, he better produce otherwise a veteran like Griese can lead the bears to the SB)

I'm thinking you go with Brown. The competition won't be able to stop Brown, Smith, Westbrook, and Stallworth. Someone is going to score a lot and Brown has looked great during the preseason.

I'd also start mason.

although if you were gonna play the matchup, this is the one to do it with.

See mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=229403

Okay so 3 votes for Brown and 6 votes for Mason. Does it matter that Mason missed practice on Wednesday and is listed as questionable with a thigh injury. They say having him stay out of practice today was precautionary and he is still starting on Sunday. Thoughts?

First of all, I doubt either of them will score this week. Dunta Robinson will likely be covering Brown for much of the day, which effectively shuts him down. However, hen Stallworth starts running fly patterns, D-Rob may switch over, so Brown may be left covered by Lewis Sanders, the nickel back posing as a starter. Brown will get some catches and yards, but I think LJ Smith and Westbrook will be the ones that score. People don't believe it yet, but this Texans defense is a lot better than last year.

Tampa's defense will most likely keep Baltimore from scoring a whole lot. McNair and Mason have been hooking up for years, though, and Mason knows how to find the soft spots in a zone. I'm thinking Mason could end up with something like eight catches for a good amount of yardage even if he doesn't score. The veteran factor plays into this just enough to believe that he and McNair can hook up for a TD as well. Like I said, I kind of doubt the TDs, but I feel it's more likely with Mason. He is, at worst, the #2 receiving option on his team behind Heap. Brown is, at best, the third option behind Westbrook and LJ Smith.

I say start Mason. The last time he faced Tampa Bay was in '03, the TB Super Bowl year, IIRC. He had McNair at QB, of course, and caught 6 balls for 90 yards and 2 TDs. A lot has changed in three years, but Mason's knowledge of zone defenses and how to get open hasn't.