Sign in to follow this  
mggoilers

Reggie Bush to be fined?

He'll never cut a check for any fine related to wearing Adidas apparal, I can assure you. The fine will be paid, but it ain't coming out of Reginald's pocket.

He'll never cut a check for any fine related to wearing Adidas apparal, I can assure you. The fine will be paid, but it ain't coming out of Reginald's pocket.

That's what he said after the first fine. NFL corrected him. It's minor, but after the jersey flap. This kid doesn't like playing by the NFL rules.

I'm hoping for $100,000 fine...those New Orleans charities need some more money then Adidas can match it.

I read something today about his gold shoes and glove and that a league agreement went into place this weekend allowing him to wear them...not sure if it's true...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scor...uth.rumors.nfl/

"Reggie Bush was wearing his signature gold adidas shoes for all the world to see Sunday, but he won't be fined this time. The apparel company agreed to a deal with the NFL last week to allow players to wear adidas shoes and gloves this year."

-- New Orleans Times-Picayune

Ya' know...this got me thinking (scary, I know.)

Adidas would really have been better off waiting a week to strike a deal w/the NFL. If they had and Bush had worn his Adidas gear, then there would have been fines and ESPN would have been able to turn this non-story into a focking media extravaganza.

Of course, Adidas would have gotten tons of coverage...with many clips of Bush in his gold cleats all over Sportscenter.

Instead, it's ho-hum...nothing to see here.

I wonder if Bush and his reps had anything to do with that. I mean, you just know that there are some players who would have totally let Adidas do that just so they got more pub.

Ya' know...this got me thinking (scary, I know.)

Adidas would really have been better off waiting a week to strike a deal w/the NFL. If they had and Bush had worn his Adidas gear, then there would have been fines and ESPN would have been able to turn this non-story into a focking media extravaganza.

Of course, Adidas would have gotten tons of coverage...with many clips of Bush in his gold cleats all over Sportscenter.

Instead, it's ho-hum...nothing to see here.

I wonder if Bush and his reps had anything to do with that. I mean, you just know that there are some players who would have totally let Adidas do that just so they got more pub.

Where does the NFL get off on telling players what kind of shoes they can wear? If the NFL signs an endorsement deal with KFC does that mean the players can`t eat at Popeyes? :cheers:

reebok = adidas.

They help pay the bills, and the NFL has these agreements for a reason. Oh well, I hope the agreement included some money being put aside for relief/rebuilding efforts in New Orleans.

Where does the NFL get off on telling players what kind of shoes they can wear? If the NFL signs an endorsement deal with KFC does that mean the players can`t eat at Popeyes? :rolleyes:

Entertainment is about making money, not entertaining people...that is secondary. Just look at the history of TV and radio...the original programs were pretty much just long commercials. Then, as those mediums grew, the programming advanced. It became more about attracting viewers to watch the ads. Now it's come full circle again. People are so media savy that, with the help of technology, the can skip over the ads, so the ads themselves are hidden in the programming once again.

It happens in all of TV. I mean, my compooter here at MTVN must have been used to film something at one point b/c all of the brand names (Dell, NEC) are covered w/black tape.

Where does the NFL get off on telling players what kind of shoes they can wear? If the NFL signs an endorsement deal with KFC does that mean the players can`t eat at Popeyes? :rolleyes:

Actually, yeah ... that's pretty much the way it usually works. I have a friend whose brother is a popular country singer. He's sponsored by Bud Light. He was spotted drinking a dark beer in Colorado (in a plastic cup, no less) and an Anheuser Busch rep approached him and told him to get rid of it. He said AB doesn't distribute a dark beer in Colorado so he knew it wasn't AB.

How big will the fine be? He wore the Adidas again. He was supposed to cover up the logo, and he played with them showing...possible suspension? Probably not, but might losing some more rent money.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/photo?slug=get...&prov=getty

Adidas signed an agreement with the NFL last week so players can wear their shoes and gloves without getting signed. It is a non-issue now.