Sign in to follow this  
IndyTom

How to Use YouTube on Sportsline

I saw this on another site and had to post it over here.

(I certainly want to give credit where credit is due!)

"DIRECTIONS

1) Go to youtube.com

2) Find a video that you like and play it on the youtube site

3) Just right of the video look for some text labeled Embed. Copy all of the text from the box labeled Embed (be sure and copy all of the text in the box).

4) Now go to CBS Sportsline and create a new story. In the story body paste the text that you just copied from youtube. Put a headline in if you'd like and then click OK.

You will now have video (with the sound) on your CBS Sportsline Fantasy site. This is a GREAT Feature for talking trash and will enhance your leagues enjoyment. I love CBS Sportsline!"

--Brewtown, c/o FBG

:banana:

Sweet! I just tried it. I put up a title saying this was from the worst scoring team of week 1's coach. Then I posted Jim Mora's famous playoff speech. Classic stuff. That should get a chuckle.

That's awesome. I just put a vid up, then welcomed the boys into a new era of multimedia entertainment. I also let them know that no, I won't tell them how to do it!

Sweet! I just tried it. I put up a title saying this was from the worst scoring team of week 1's coach. Then I posted Jim Mora's famous playoff speech. Classic stuff. That should get a chuckle.

Great idea! :thumbsup:

I put this on the front page as well:

mix in some football......that is the purpose. Guys like you are just so freakin' skilled :thumbsup: :unsure:

help!

how come i'm getting no image/video and instead a blank box with the jigsaw puzzle in upper right?

When I added the Mora video - I pasted this text into the Story Body:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Then I added a title and voila! Let me know if that works for you or not.

I saw this on another site and had to post it over here.

(I certainly want to give credit where credit is due!)

"DIRECTIONS

1) Go to youtube.com

2) Find a video that you like and play it on the youtube site

3) Just right of the video look for some text labled Embed. Copy all of the text from the box labled Embed (be sure and copy all of the text in the box).

4) Now go to CBS Sportsline and create a new story. In the story body paste the text that you just copied from youtube. Put a headline in if you'd like and then click OK.

You will now have video (with the sound) on your CBS Sportsline Fantasy site. This is a GREAT Feature for talking trash and will enhance your leagues enjoyment. I love CBS Sportsline!"

--Brewtown, c/o FBG

:cheers:

I posted a video, but when CBS put up a beer ad on the main page, the format was almost messed up for the entire page. Pictures seem to adjust automatically to fit, but the videos do not.

I posted a video, but when CBS put up a beer ad on the main page, the format was almost messed up for the entire page. Pictures seem to adjust automatically to fit, but the videos do not.

I found this out myself - it depends on the video. I had one posted that shifted the "player News" on the front page over to the right a little bit. However, when I added the Mora one - it spaces quite nicely. Hmmm. I will try to tweak it a little to see if there are any settings that would help.

wont work, keep getting the outline box and explorer jigsaw :cheers:

For kicks, make sure you have the latest Flash player installed - which is what you need to view:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi

works great for me.

I put up Trent Green getting jacked up. Now that we know he's ok the statute of limitations is up and we can officially make fun of TGreen owners. Celebrate! :banana:

I love that it's huge and has sound. So cool. I've gotten 4 calls since I posted that asking me how I did it. IndyTom, you rock - thanks for posting this. :blink:

I created a fix for this. When you copy and paste any text into the box - in my case the Mora one:

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Change the bolded numbers to 310 for each. This only applies to the bolded numbers in the text - changing the numbers in the begining of the text won't help. This should make your videos fit nicely without screwing up the rest of your main page.

Hope that helps!

works great for me.

I put up Trent Green getting jacked up. Now that we know he's ok the statute of limitations is up and we can officially make fun of TGreen owners. Celebrate! :banana:

I love that it's huge and has sound. So cool. I've gotten 4 calls since I posted that asking me how I did it. IndyTom, you rock - thanks for posting this. :blink:

You are welcome! Have fun with it! :banana:

I created a fix for this. When you copy and paste any text into the box - in my case the Mora one:

Change the bolded numbers to 310 for each. This only applies to the bolded numbers in the text - changing the numbers in the begining of the text won't help. This should make your videos fit nicely without screwing up the rest of your main page.

Hope that helps!

You are welcome! Have fun with it! :blink:

Thanks for the tip about changing the font!!!!!!!!!!

Schhhhhaaaaaaweeeeeeetttt.

IndyTom. You are my new best friend. :headbanger:

Here's the famous robot dance video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sj3xG81zgP4

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj3xG81zgP4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj3xG81zgP4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="310" height="310"></embed></object>

It's already resized (310). I plan to use it as a celebratory victory dance over some team.

I beat the reigning champ in week 1, and used the Mora clip with a story line titled 'Champ reaction".

When and if I lose my first game, I'm using this one:

I'm also going to do individual player highlight reels for my team, week to week

Make fun.But also help explain. I do not understand what the excitement is for.I am not good with THE COMPUTERS.

WOW, never have I been so excited to be in a CBS league.... And there's not just one... Phone's ringing off the hook with "how the fock did you do that???"

INDYTOM you are my hero. :wacko:

The defending champs, who lost this past week, drafted Aaron Brooks, so I put up the Backwards Pass clip, entitled "Your 2006 (insert defending champs team name here)"

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS4Gs5USLtg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS4Gs5USLtg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

where can i add story? i don't see it? on CBS....looked under all tabs? help

I'm not sure either -

Can ONLY the commish do this???

Someone please help a bit here.

THANKS

I got a question...

After you add something on there, hown can you remove it and take it back to CBS's default?

Is this possible? Or does the Commissioner have to do it?

I addded the Bo Tecmo video, said "Raiders can dream about this"..and now he wants it off (cry-baby)

Let me know...

only commish can delete news stories. if you want it off the front page, you have to just add a new news story.

for those who don't know where to add a story...are you in a commissioner league or the freebie? we're talking $130 commissioner league

I'm not sure either -

Can ONLY the commish do this???

Someone please help a bit here.

THANKS

If you look below the news story, there's a bunch of links. previous news, full story, etc. The last linky is "add news story"

Click that, and it will bring up the interface with lines for

Headline

Body

post a headline, if desired

league image blank

paste imbedded linky

good luck!

I was just trying to figure out how to incorporate a play of the week section on our fantasy page. I am gonna use it in my MFL.com league...but this should revolutionze our baseball and basketball leagues on cbs.com forevah!

thanks!

:unsure:

We use fanball and it doesn't appear to be working...all I see is the text - it doesn't convert it to video.

Anybody make it work on Fanball?

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggh.

my co-owners can see the video i put up, but I CANT. so disheartening.

Did you install the Flash I listed in an earlier post? Try that and let me know.

I'm withholding this feature from league mates. I'm asking them to acknowledge my greatness and my team's greatness in writing before I post the instructions.

Thanks for the kudos everyone! :clap:

This is more fun than the Addai vs. Rhodes threads. :D