Sign in to follow this  
markblaz

** Official College Football Wagering Thead **

Geez..now we beg for missed 2 pointer, then a fg by toledo??

We are better off with Kansas tying it up, like they just did. Toledo would just try to run out the clock up 2. Instead, they have to score, and they might break something for a TD. If both teams don't score, we can still cover in OT.

Geez..now we beg for missed 2 pointer, then a fg by toledo??

Actually overtime would be your best bet. I'm on the other side having bet KU +5 and on the moneyline.

Toledo has dropped a ton of passes tonight. :wall:

Calgary goes up 36-9, 4th quarter. Game over.

Toledo ball at mid field. Comeon, you fat bastard coach of Toledo. Go for the jugular. Go for a TD.

With Kansas at their own 17, hoping for OT. And that is the best chance for all Toledo backers.

After a run up the middle, Kansas looks like they are playing for OT as well. See ya on the other side.

I prefer Toledo on offense first. Maybe get a TD, and force Kansas to do the same.

Fantastic call on the draw play on 3rd and 10. :o

Toledo focked up their possession. No worries. They recover a fumble.

Are you kidding me?

Whooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wild game. After hitting Calgary, up huge, I don't expect to get lucky with Toledo. But it has been a lot of fun on this ride.

Let's hope for a miracle.

Facemask? What? He grabbed him at the ears....whoah.....Toledo pick....dammit. He didn't return it.

Come on fatso. Go for the win with a Td.

Nice calls on the calgary and Toledo spreads tonight

:bandana:

I needed both those games for my self confidence. I have been struggling early. But I hit a couple of huge plays tonight. Hopefully I am back on track.

Still, Hurricane Ditka is the hot handicapper, and there is no reason to not follow him right now. I hope I can hit a good zone going forward where I can contribute to this site and hopefully win some focking money for everyone. That is my only goal. I don't give a sh!t if I win money, and I won a lot of money last year, since I am doing this for fun. I just want others to win money. And never, never, never pay for picks. Because when you have solid cappers doing it for free, we can all benefit. I hope Hurricane can keep the mojo going, since he has quite a following right now. As I said the last couple of years, I always feel better when me and HD agree on a pick. We agreed on Toledo tonight.

Season total: 17-14-1 +1.9 units

Parlays: 1-1 +2.4 units

Boise St -7.5 1 unit LOSE

Notre Dame -4.5 1 unit LOSE

Oklahoma +4.5 1 unit WIN

Louisville -4 1 unit WIN

Fresno St -3.5 1 unit LOSE

Florida St. -4.5 1 unit LOSE

Florida -3.5 1 unit LOSE

USC -17.5 2 units WIN

USC -10 1st half 4 units WIN

Memphis +3.5 1 unit LOSE

Parlay #1: .5 units to win 7.5 units LOSE

Notre Dame ML

Oklahoma ML

Louisville ML

Fresno State ML

Florida State ML

Parlay #2: .5 units to win 12.5 units LOSE

Virginia Tech -19.5 1st half

Georgia -10 1st half

Auburn -2.5 1st half

Texas -18 1st half

USC -10 1st half

Parlay #3: 1 unit to win 6 units LOSE

Florida State -5

Florida -3.5

USC -17

good luck :bandana:

Overall College YTD: 31-32; -3.48

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 10-8; +1.22 units

CFL: 11-6; +9.85 units

Back on track after a huge winning night on Friday. Ignore CFL if you want, but there is money to be made, as I am showing.

Subject to change. I will add games, lines, bump up plays, subtract games, etc. Follow at your own risk. In time order. If you have a question about a game, post it, and I will do my best to answer the query. All for 1 unit unless indicated otherwise.

Saturday

Saturday Early

Michigan St (Money Line@+125) for 2 units WINNER!!

Iowa St (+13.5) WINNER

BYU (+7)@-115 PUSH

U Conn (-6) LOSER

Marshall (+9.5) LOSER

Ball St (+17) WINNER

Central Michigan (+1) WINNER

Georgia (-17) WINNER

Miami OH (-13) LOSER

Eastern Michigan (+17) WINNER

South Florida (-1) for 2 units WINNER!!

San Diego St (+13.5) LOSER

Michigan (+4.5) for 2 units WINNER!!

Louisville (-4) WINNER

Oklahoma (+5.5) WINNER

Baylor (+13) WINNER

TCU (Pk) WINNER

Florida International (+5.5) WINNER

Washington (MoneyLine@+135) WINNER

Early College YTD: 14-4-1; +13.45

2 unit plays or higher: 3-0; +6.5

Saturday Night

(CFL) Hamilton (+6.5) WINNER

East Carolina (-3) for 2 units WINNER!!

Arizona St (-11.5) WINNER

Tulsa (-18.5) for 3 units WINNER!!!!!

North Carolina St (MoneyLine@+130) LOSER

UL Monroe (+24.5) LOSER

Florida St (-4.5) LOSER

Missouri (-14) for 2 units LOSER!!

Nebraska (+17) LOSER

Nevada (-2.5)@-115 for 3 units WINNER!!!!!

Navy (Pk) for 3 units WINNER!!!!!

(CFL) British Columbia (-9.5) WINNER

Hawaii (-12.5) for 3 units WINNER!!!!!

Parlay Missouri 1st H (-7.5) and over TexTech/TCU(24) 2nd H 1 unit to win 2.6 units LOSER

Hawaii (-7) 1st Half and Tulsa (-8.5) 2nd H 2 units to win 5.05 units WINNER!!!!!

Saturday Night

CFL 2-0; +2 units

Overall: 7-6; +12.55

2 unit plays or higher: 6-1; +16.85 units

Good luck to all.

Edit: added Oklahoma, Nebraska, British Columbia. Upgraded Tulsa, Navy. Added Parlays.

:(

I needed both those games for my self confidence. I have been struggling early. But I hit a couple of huge plays tonight. Hopefully I am back on track.

Still, Hurricane Ditka is the hot handicapper, and there is no reason to not follow him right now. I hope I can hit a good zone going forward where I can contribute to this site and hopefully win some focking money for everyone. That is my only goal. I don't give a sh!t if I win money, and I won a lot of money last year, since I am doing this for fun. I just want others to win money. And never, never, never pay for picks. Because when you have solid cappers doing it for free, we can all benefit. I hope Hurricane can keep the mojo going, since he has quite a following right now. As I said the last couple of years, I always feel better when me and HD agree on a pick. We agreed on Toledo tonight.

Thanks for the love Philly! 14 in a row for me right now between college and NFL.

YTD College- 33-13-1 (+24.2 units)x $25 per

YTD NFL- 8-0 (+8 units)x $10 per

This is definitely the hottest start I have been off to ever. How about that Toledo cover, that is when you know you are on fire!!!!!!!

Thanks for the love Philly! 14 in a row for me right now between college and NFL.

YTD College- 33-13-1 (+24.2 units)x $25 per

YTD NFL- 8-0 (+8 units)x $10 per

This is definitely the hottest start I have been off to ever. How about that Toledo cover, that is when you know you are on fire!!!!!!!

Hey, you are doing great, keep up the good handicapping. I will keep doing my own thing, and I hope we match up enough to make it a good weekend.

I am the big game hunter. :banana: :first: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I just wanted to celebrate this for just another moment. Since my season is going to hell.

Big game hunter. Hit two huge games tonight.

OK. Let's get back to my crummy record. Eh, screw it, I am headed out to the bar, looking to get punched in the balls by some random woman.

Overall

11-21-1 -12.36 units

2+ units 5-7 -4.67 units

Iowa/ISU Under 48 1.5 units WINNER

Iowa St. +14 .5 unit WINNER

Michigan St. ML +128 WINNER

BYU +7 1.5 units PUSH

Marshall +9.5 .5 unit LOSER

Ball St. +17 WINNER

Syracuse +3 .5 unit WINNER

Ohio +17 PUSH

Central Mich ML -105 2 units WINNER!!

Wyoming +7.5 WINNER

S. Florida Pk@-114 WINNER

Michigan +4.5@+107 3 units WINNER!!!

Louisville -4 WINNER

Washington +3 2 units WINNER!!

Washington ML +139 .5 unit WINNER

East Carolina -3 WINNER

Arizona St. -11.5 .5 unit WINNER

Tulsa -19 WINNER

Missouri -14 LOSER

Navy ML -102 WINNER

Hawaii -12.5

Nevada -2.5@-130 WINNER

TCU PK@-116 .5 unit WINNER

Fla St. -4 LOSER

Fla Intl +5.5@-137 WINNER

hope i don't jinx anyone with these plays!

GL everyone.

What a friggen game... I was feeling for you boys at the end of the game... All I played was the over... Then I wake up and BAM they win by 6.... :dunno: :wall: :banana:

Anyhow, good luck today. Keep it hot... I am heading to the Fla vs. Ten game today, but here are a few games I like. No time for a write up.

WIS - 13.5

Florida - 3.5

ND over 50

TCU + 1.5

Fla St. under 45

USC over 55.5

Good Luck to everyone... Time to tailgate bluegrass style! :(

Wow, I passed out last night thinking I lost Toledo and woke up a winner...

posted 14-9-1 YTD

Florida -3 and -3.5...I loaded up on this one

Iowa St +13.5...Look at the series history...Iowa St could win this SU

Oregon -4.5...Havent lost to a ranked opp. at home since 98

Navy +1....Run run run all over them Trees

Mizzou -14...N Mexico is terrible and their starting QB is out

Tex Tech -1.5...I dont think TCU is that good and TT has the best QB they've had in years

Cincy +30...No way Tressel covers this

LV -4...I don't think the Canes got it this year and LV is hungry and at home

Alabama UNDER 40.5...I'm betting the Bama UNDER until further notice...They have great D and can't score

Hawaii OVER 58...Why not? I love Hawaaii OVERs

gl to all...might add a few since TOLEDO covered.... :clap:

Good Luck to everyone... Time to tailgate bluegrass style! :doh:

Be the husband not the wife.

Just kiddin, have fun.

:P

College YTD (2-0)

This is my coming out party this year. Stayed quiet the first few weeks to get a feel for some teams.

BYU +6.5

Georgia -17

LSU +3.5

Oklahoma+4.5

Miami +4 (2 units)

Nevada - 2 (4 units)

Reverse Bet

Eastern Michigan +17

SanDiego ST +13

Good Luck to All.

This could wipe out my winnings for the season, but you need to spend money to make money...especially when it's just the 3rd week of the season! :D

Jumping on many of Ditka's plays (-120 plays indicate a half-point buy):

Iowa St +14 (-120)

Florida -3 (-120)

Boise St -7 (-120)

Navy ML (+100)

Mich St ML (+130)

Fresno St. -3

Nevada -3

Florida St -4 (-120)

Louisville -4

W. Mich +16

Mich. St ML (+130)

Cincy +30 (-120)

S. Florida -1

Cuse ML (+140)

UL-Monroe +25 (2-Unit Play)

Oregon -4.5 (2-Unit Play)

And of course, my patented Saturday Morning "Kegs & Eggs Early Games Over Parlay":

BYU-BC Over 52

Iowa St.-Iowa Over 48

Marshall-Kansas St. O47

Finally, a scalp play to clear a bonus:

Notre Dame -4.5 vs. Michigan +5.5 (-105)--Thought I had a decent middle when I placed this last night...until I saw Mich is now +6! Of course, I wouldn't have risked taking these bets separately. While a 28-23 Notre Dame win would have me climbing the ceilings like a teenager on LSD, I'm hoping the ND side cashes since the Michigan play is at the book I'm trying to cash out of.

Best of luck to everyone. Hope it's at least a .500 day so I still have a decent bankroll.

Philly,

Your killing me with the Washington pick. I could go undefeated today and if I lose on Fresno State against the pathetic Huskies I will be mad. At least give me some logic on that one. We are the same page with most everything else. I also stuck a double unit play on South Florida.

This could wipe out my winnings for the season, but you need to spend money to make money...especially when it's just the 3rd week of the season! :D

Jumping on many of Ditka's plays (-120 plays indicate a half-point buy):

Iowa St +14 (-120)

Florida -3 (-120)

Boise St -7 (-120)

Navy ML (+100)

Mich St ML (+130)

Fresno St. -3

Nevada -3

Florida St -4 (-120)

Louisville -4

W. Mich +16

Mich. St ML (+130)

Cincy +30 (-120)

S. Florida -1

Cuse ML (+140)

UL-Monroe +25 (2-Unit Play)

Oregon -4.5 (2-Unit Play)

And of course, my patented Saturday Morning "Kegs & Eggs Early Games Over Parlay":

BYU-BC Over 52

Iowa St.-Iowa Over 48

Marshall-Kansas St. O47

Finally, a scalp play to clear a bonus:

Notre Dame -4.5 vs. Michigan +5.5 (-105)--Thought I had a decent middle when I placed this last night...until I saw Mich is now +6! Of course, I wouldn't have risked taking these bets separately. While a 28-23 Notre Dame win would have me climbing the ceilings like a teenager on LSD, I'm hoping the ND side cashes since the Michigan play is at the book I'm trying to cash out of.

Best of luck to everyone. Hope it's at least a .500 day so I still have a decent bankroll.

I feel a winner except you left off Free Shoes U?? UL-Monroe?? Isn't that the team that has Bobby Bouchey?

Philly,

Your killing me with the Washington pick. I could go undefeated today and if I lose on Fresno State against the pathetic Huskies I will be mad. At least give me some logic on that one. We are the same page with most everything else. I also stuck a double unit play on South Florida.

I'm still scratching my head over how Washington fell apart in the second half vs Oklahoma last week after being tied at the break. Still, Washington is piling up lots of yards on offense, 468 vs San Jose St and 384 vs a good Oklahoma defense. Great balance running and passing, averaging 250+ rushing and 175+ passing. Fresno St is not as good as in years past, first road game, and I figure this game should be a bit of a shootout, and I am taking a live home dog. Washington has a solid rush defense, and that is what Fresno St wants to do, run the ball.

College YTD 29-13-1

My College Ticket:

West Virginia -10.5 (1st Half) WIN

WV -3.5 (1st Quarter WIN

WV/Maryland over 48 WIN

Toledo -3.5 WIN

Navy +2.5

Boise State -7

Fresno State -3.5

Florida -3.5

Nevada -2

Florida State -4.5

Louisville -4

Western Michigan +9.5

Oregon -4.5

Michigan State +3

Cincinnatti +30

South Florida -1

USC -10.5 (1st Half)

Texas -18 (1st Half)

Nevada -1 (1st Half)

USC -18

Iowa State +14

Syracuse +3

Vanderbilt +6

Colorado +11.5

Added a couple morning dogs.

I'm still scratching my head over how Washington fell apart in the second half vs Oklahoma last week after being tied at the break. Still, Washington is piling up lots of yards on offense, 468 vs San Jose St and 384 vs a good Oklahoma defense. Great balance running and passing, averaging 250+ rushing and 175+ passing. Fresno St is not as good as in years past, first road game, and I figure this game should be a bit of a shootout, and I am taking a live home dog. Washington has a solid rush defense, and that is what Fresno St wants to do, run the ball.

Ok, I see your angle on this one. Except I remember Oklahoma being bad against UAB and Washington. This is why Vegas makes money!

Missouri -13.5 (3)

New Mexico allowed over 500 yards to a pathetic New Mexico State team. In week 1 they lost to Portland State at home!!! Missouri has gained nearly 1100 yards and have only allowed 2 scores. Missouri should roll here.

Philly,

I feel a winner except you left off Free Shoes U?? UL-Monroe?? Isn't that the team that has Bobby Bouchey?

Free Shoes U = USC?

I don't really like to take the big faves. In those scenarios, I go for the "over", but I think I have more than enough plays today.

There was a buzz about Monroe over at the "rival FF board" so I went with it. It really doesn't take much convincing. Someone yesterday said: Calgary-Winnipeg Over 50 in the CFL...do it! So, I did and cashed despite a slow first half.

Hoping my parlay hits. I was well on my way last week before Illinois-Rutgers laid down (had 33 going into the half on a 49.5 ticket; I think they scored 3 points in the 2nd half).

Toledo over 26 1/2 pts. Toledo -6 and Over 50 total. Parlayyyyyyyyy. Best game of the season

If by "best game" you mean "best game to display slapstick comedy, poor tackling, and XFLish sloppy play", then yes, the Toledo-Kansas game was the best game of the season!

Hey, Marshall, stop turning the focking ball over. :banana: :mad:

3 turnovers in the first quarter. :banana:

Hey, Marshall, stop turning the focking ball over. :mad: :mad:

3 turnovers in the first quarter. ;)

Overs getting hurt so far. Finally got a score from Mich. Need Iowas to step it up (but need Iowa St. to cover 14).

Marshall can't get anything right. They just scored, but that's after blowing a red zone opportunity by going from the 20 to the 45 in two plays.

BC & BYU exchanging interceptions in the final minute (and that's the game where I need the most points!)

If Marshall-K St. can get me at least 24 by halftime, I won't write the parlay off.

YTD 11-7 +5.10 units

Just got in but my only early play was Iowa State+14

Added Boise State-10@Wyoming for 3 units.

Bad weather should aide the Broncos running attack for a very easy win.

Will add others later.

Leaning hard on USC at this point.

Adding Oklahoma +5.5.

I just can't resist taking another underdog.

You don't suppose Tressel had Ohio St -29.5 do ya? With about 3 minutes left and at the Cincy 20, he's throwing the ball up 34-7? Then Kicks a 52 FG with about a minute left to cover the 29.5? Yes I'm a little bitter as I had Cincy +29.5, but that's besides the point! :cheers:

You don't suppose Tressel had Ohio St -29.5 do ya? With about 3 minutes left and at the Cincy 20, he's throwing the ball up 34-7? Then Kicks a 52 FG with about a minute left to cover the 29.5? Yes I'm a little bitter as I had Cincy +29.5, but that's besides the point! ;)

Not surprised at all. I remember a game I had last year, relying on my memory here, San Diego St was getting I believe about 25 points at Ohio St. After jumping out 7-0, SD St didn't score another point the rest of the game. But Ohio St was sleep walking the whole game. With about 3 minutes to go, Ohio St was up 27-7. Fine. Just run out the clock, and I'll escape with a cover. Nope. 12 straight pass plays. It was ridiculous. Ohio St finally turned it over on downs deep in San Diego St territory at the end of the game. Tressel tries to cover every game for the alumni, no matter how ridiculous it is. Man, I had to sweat out that one.