Sign in to follow this  
markblaz

** Official College Football Wagering Thead **

I can't pick a game to save my ass. Ugh. With 4 turnovers up in the air, WV gets all 4. Ugh. Ugh. Maryland trying to claw back into the game at 28-7, but I can't see a miracle. I really like Toledo tomorrow. Which is bad news for anyone that likes Toledo. Waiting to see if my book drops the line to -3.5.

I can't pick a game to save my ass. Ugh. With 4 turnovers up in the air, WV gets all 4. Ugh. Ugh. Maryland trying to claw back into the game at 28-7, but I can't see a miracle. I really like Toledo tomorrow. Which is bad news for anyone that likes Toledo. Waiting to see if my book drops the line to -3.5.

I like Toledo as well..........plus the O48.

I can lead a horse to water, but I can't make it take a drink!

Translation? HOW DARE YOU BET AGAINST ME PHILLY?

3-0 +4.5 unit night for HD.

32-13-1 YTD College

WV -7 in the 2nd half.......I think im gonna steer clear of the 2nd half lnes....

2nd half line W.V. -7 and 26.5

I like W.V. and the over

Throwing some more money at this jackass team.

Maryland 2nd H (+7)@-105 for 2 units.

Consider that WV had a 4-0 turnover advantage, fumbled in the endzone and recovered their own fumble, returned a kick for a TD and also did not get saddled with a fumble in their own territory on the first drive. They are a very good team playing well, but they got a million breaks in the first half. The Maryland QB showed that he can pick apart the weak WV secondary during the second quarter. And after that initial blitz by WV of 4 TDs on their first 4 possessions in the first quarter, they settled down in the second quarter. I can't see Maryland quitting. This is an ideal 2nd half play. I just wish Maryland didn't suck so bad, or I would go heavier on the second half. Anyway, I like Maryland in the 2nd H.

Throwing some more money at this jackass team.

Maryland 2nd H (+7)@-105 for 2 units.

Consider that WV had a 4-0 turnover advantage, fumbled in the endzone and recovered their own fumble, returned a kick for a TD and also did not get saddled with a fumble in their own territory on the first drive. They are a very good team playing well, but they got a million breaks in the first half. The Maryland QB showed that he can pick apart the weak WV secondary during the second quarter. And after that initial blitz by WV of 4 TDs on their first 4 possessions in the first quarter, they settled down in the second quarter. I can't see Maryland quitting. This is an ideal 2nd half play. I just wish Maryland didn't suck so bad, or I would go heavier on the second half. Anyway, I like Maryland in the 2nd H.

I actually agree here, I just cant bring myself to do it!

Maryland finally catches a break. Maryland 7-0 2nd H. :banana:

Still have a shot at the spread for the game at 38-17. :thumbsdown:

I'm just curious what people think about Purdue -17. I felt they squeaked one out last week against ohio. I didn't realize how screwy college overtime was. Purdue could not stop the Ohio quarterback. I think they were missing a starter in the secondary, and another starter in the secondary went down during the game last week. If Ball State can pass, maybe the 17 is a good bet. I'm not sure, but I just want to bring attention to the beat up Purdue secondary.

I'm just curious what people think about Purdue -17. I felt they squeaked one out last week against ohio. I didn't realize how screwy college overtime was. Purdue could not stop the Ohio quarterback. I think they were missing a starter in the secondary, and another starter in the secondary went down during the game last week. If Ball State can pass, maybe the 17 is a good bet. I'm not sure, but I just want to bring attention to the beat up Purdue secondary.

Ball St will be a play for me. Probably 1 unit.

Overall College YTD: 30-32; -6.48

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 9-8; -1.78 units

CFL: 10-6; +6.85 units

Friday

Toledo (-4) for 3 units WINNER!!!!!!!!

Calgary (-6.5) for 3 units WINNER!!!!!!!!

Toledo is seeing 54% of the action.

Key stats:

Toledo is 34-2 SU in last 36 home games

Toledo is 22-10 ATS in last 32 home games

Toledo is 23-4 ATS in last 27 home games when favored by less than 28 points

Toledo is 10-0 ATS in last 10 home games vs non-MAC teams

Kansas is 3-17 SU in last 20 road games under coach Mangino

Toledo is averaging 40 pts per game in last 36 home games

Toledo's rebuilding program is ahead of pace after taking Iowa St into a wild OT game on the road in their first game. A let down was inevitable, when they lost at Western Michigan last week. Interesting to note that Toledo turned it over 4 times and had a punt blocked in that last game, so the loss at Western Mich is very deceiving. Kansas sucks on the road, going 3-17 SU under Mangino, 0-5 SU last year, and they only return 10 starters overall. Big time revenge for Toledo for a humiliating loss at Kansas two years ago. It's troubling that Kansas gave up 217 passing to Northwestern St and 377 passing to UL Monroe, going into a Toledo passing game with a banged up Kansas secondary. Lay the lumber.

The refs have been helping Maryland all night long. Let's see if they can help Maryland into the endzone to finish this game.

Ditka listed Toledo giving 3 1/2 as one of his original picks. That said, I already laid cash on Toledo. That guy is money in the bank.

I don't hear anybody talking about the GT (-17) / Troy game. I'm a huge Troy fan (and alumnus). I am psyched about Troy playing GT this weekend (especially after their showing vs. FSU), but I believe GT will cover. Any thoughts?

I don't hear anybody talking about the GT (-17) / Troy game. I'm a huge Troy fan (and alumnus). I am psyched about Troy playing GT this weekend (especially after their showing vs. FSU), but I believe GT will cover. Any thoughts?

i like your team. My fav team of all my rosters is in my 10 man league as well

Bledsoe/ Culpepper

James/ K Jones/ Gore/ D Williams/ Benson

Owens/ Boldin/ Horn/ Shockey/ T Taylor/ Mark Clayton/ Booker

Vinatieri

Atlanta

i like your team. My fav team of all my rosters is in my 10 man league as well

Bledsoe/ Culpepper

James/ K Jones/ Gore/ D Williams/ Benson

Owens/ Boldin/ Horn/ Shockey/ T Taylor/ Mark Clayton/ Booker

Vinatieri

Atlanta

Thanks. I used to play in 3-4 leagues at a time, but it messed with my enjoyment of the games. Now I just play in one (semi) friendly league with the guys at work.

After a tidy 4-0 last week, I like 6 games this week.

Boise St -7.5@Wyoming....Boise St is rolling, stay with em!

Florida -3.5 @ Tenn...I am still not sold on Ainge, I think his true colors come out against a real team this week.

Mich +5.5 @ N.D....The golden domers get their bubble burst, Michigan spanks them

Louisville -4 vs. Miami....If it wasn't for Mia reputation, this line would be at least 14. Louisville easily.

LSU +3.5 at Auburn...This should be a good close game, I like LSU to squeek it out, certainly like them getting more than a fg.

Clemson +5 @ Florida St...Clemson coming off a tough loss, they are going to bounce back. Florida St still living on reputation much like Miami.

Good luck this weekend, lets make some $$$$$

Troy was one that I loved at +17. Why do you not like that number. I am simply basing that on the fact they looked so good last week. They should have the confidence to now know they can play with the big boys....

Other games I like (I use Wed lines)

Toledo -4 vs Kansas...Kansas is terrible and Toledo will eat up a suspect Kan secondary

Ball State +16.5 @ Purdue ....Purdue barely escaped against Indiana State and Miami OH (traditionally strong but not this year...too young). Ball state took IU (not a great team) to the wire last week...this should stay close

FLA STATE-4.5 vs CLEMSON..Fla State got a scare...wont happen again. Clemson lost to a very suspect BC team IMO.

Troy +17 @ GATech.....Troy will keep it close

Others I'm not 100% on.....

NEVADA -1.5 vs Col State

RUTGERS -16.5 vs OHIO

Cincy +29.5 @ Ohio State

Troy was one that I loved at +17. Why do you not like that number. I am simply basing that on the fact they looked so good last week. They should have the confidence to now know they can play with the big boys....

I hope I'm wrong here, but here's my take ...

Omar Haugabook was VERY distraught after last week's game in which he threw 2 INTs late in the 4th quarter. I believe that he will press a bit and more mistakes will be made. Not only that, GT just finished crushing Samford, who plays an offense somewhat similar to Troy's. I'm thinking 31-10 final score with two of GT's TDs coming defensively. Again, I hope I'm wrong. One thing I wonder about though is Chan Gailey. He used to be Troy's head coach back in the mid-80s. What effect will that have on the game?

I think everyone's waiting to see who Ditka's on tonight. He's hit like 11 in a row. :pointstosky:

Wow, actually I have won on my last 13 plays. Didn't realize I had that kind of a streak rollin right now. Don't jinx it! LOL.

I have Toledo -3.5 and that line is already at 5.

I am adding South Florida to my card.

Play it over the total of 50.... Toledo cant stop the run... Kansas cant stop the pass... This game gets to 60+ IMO... GL :clap:

Overall College YTD: 30-32; -6.48

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 9-8; -1.78 units

CFL: 10-6; +6.85 units

Friday

Toledo (-4) for 3 units

Calgary (-6.5) for 3 units

I got a terrible line on the Toledo game at -5.5

I combined both of your picks of Calgary -6.5 and Toledo -5.5................ in a two team parlay......just for kicks

Play it over the total of 50.... Toledo cant stop the run... Kansas cant stop the pass... This game gets to 60+ IMO... GL :(

Just entered the over in a 4 team parlay.

Tigers- 230, Toledo -5.5, Calgary -6.5, Toledo/Kansas over 49

Toledo with some miracle points at the end of the half to take the lead, 17-14. Not bad. Could be worse.

Calgary up 9-0, settling for three FGs. Also threw a pick in the end zone. Not bad. Could be worse.

over/under24 toledo -1.5

I didn't do anything with the 2nd H tonight.

Calgary 16-0. :banana:

As of Friday night, lopsided action...

Boston College 70%

Virginia Tech 80%

U Conn 72%

Rutgets 83%

Akron 71%

Miami OH 84%

Boise St 93%

Notre Dame 75%

Fresno St 765

Texas 92%

East Carolina 74%

Georgia 75%

Mississippi St 83%

Arizona St 92%

Missouri 87%

Utah 76%

Texas A&M 74%

Hawaii 94%

Bowling Green 76%

Oklahoma St 85%

Tulsa 88%

Calgary up 16-0 at the half. No second half play. Just going to ride out my bet, and hope for the best. They are playing in a snow storm, and Calgary is the only team moving the ball right now.

College YTD 29-13-1

My College Ticket:

West Virginia -10.5 (1st Half) WIN

WV -3.5 (1st Quarter WIN

WV/Maryland over 48 WIN

Toledo -3.5

Navy +2.5

Boise State -7

Fresno State -3.5

Florida -3.5

Nevada -2

Florida State -4.5

Louisville -4

Western Michigan +9.5

Oregon -4.5

Michigan State +3

Cincinnatti +30

South Florida -1

USC -10.5 (1st Half)

Texas -18 (1st Half)

Nevada -1 (1st Half)

USC -18

Iowa State +14

Syracuse +3

Adding a couple plays to my ticket.

Huge INT by Toledo and TD on a 4th down. Still alive, up 24-23. Need another big play. :thumbsup:

Calgary up 19-0 and driving. :banana: Edit: 22-1 Lead.

Holy FOCKING TOLEDO!!!!!!!!!

I think I just woke up my neighbors with my tribal gutteral screaming. INT for a TD!!!!

WhooooooooHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31-23. Let's go defense. :huh: :dunno: :banana:

DEEEE-FENSE!!!!!

Ugh. Kansas TD. :dunno:

I hope they get the 2 pt conversion. Maybe got to OT.

Calgary up 29-8.