Sign in to follow this  
davebg

On the road again...

What I'd like to know is how you get busted for having 1 1/2 lbs of marijuanna and 2/10 of a lb of shrooms and just get a ticket. :wub:

Willie Nelson and several members of his band were issued misdemeanor citations for drug possession early today during a traffic stop in Saint Martin Parish.

The traffic stop was conducted on Interstate 10 near Breaux Bridge.

Trooper Willie Williams says troopers smelled a strong odor of marijuana when the driver opened the bus door.

During a search of the bus, Williams say approximately 1 1/2 pounds of marijuana and approximately 2/10 of a pound of mushrooms were located on the bus.

The 73-year-old Nelson of Spicewood, Texas; 59-year-old Tony Sizemore of Saint Cloud, Fla.; 75-year-old Bobbie Nelson of Briarcliff, Texas; 54-year-old Gates Moore of Austin, Texas; and 50-year-old David Anderson of Dallas, Texas were issued citations for possession of mushrooms and possession of marijuana and released.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/09/18/D8K7D41O0.html

I saw him play on Saturdya night. He's such a bad-ass.

Everyone at the concert was lighting up right in front of cops and they do nothing. That's Austin for you.

Small towns have nothing better to do.

In Breaux Bridge no less....man i got jail for a half ounce in that area.....my family originates in Da Bridge baby!!! as does jake delhomme!!!

The 73-year-old Nelson of Spicewood, Texas; 59-year-old Tony Sizemore of Saint Cloud, Fla.; 75-year-old Bobbie Nelson of Briarcliff, Texas; 54-year-old Gates Moore of Austin, Texas; and 50-year-old David Anderson of Dallas

Thank God they got these menaces! Chalk up another important victory for the drug war! :thumbsup:

Thank God they got these menaces! Chalk up another important victory for the drug war! :thumbsdown:

Maybe they got away with it b/c they all claimed the drugs were to treat their glaucoma? :D

Given Willie's history the officer was forced to conclude the 1.5 pounds of weed were for personal consumption.

Leave the innocent pothead alone. It not like he just started smoking pot. I will bet if his tour bus is stopped anywhere on tour they would find that much weed on it at any time.

I heard his tour bus runs on seeds and stems. :blink:

man I would save so much money of my car ran on seeds and stems.