Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Lee Evans - Breakout Week?...

Is this the week Evans will actually do something? What do you guys think?

I’m considering starting Colston or Berrian over him, but if I do I know this will be the week he’ll finally breakout…

:banana:

He should be huge this week... I just dropped him for Amani Toomer. :dunno:

I am sorry to say I burned a high pick on Evans. And I am parting ways with him.

Good luck to you if you choose to keep him on your roster.

I am off to fish for Toomer or Jennings.. both of these guys appear better plays at this point.

This breaks my heart...

In the league i'm in keepers work by costing you the pick above where you took him last year. This means Lee Evans only cost me my 13th round pick in this years draft...

...and i'm still feeling I overpaid looking at his performance over the first two games.

I was hoping, apparently in vien, that this would be a continuation of his development with JP Losman. I was apparnetly wrong.

I think Lee is going to come around. Remember a lot of FFers were banking on the Bills playing from behind this year which meant that Lee was going to get some looks in garbage time. The Bills, however, have been playing with the lead with a young QB who is expected not to LOSE THE GAME. This all equates to them pounding the ball with McGahee and the A-Train.

Last week, Lee would have caught a 60 yd TD from Losman had he not been interfered with at the goaline. He has the talent, it is just a matter of time before the Bills realize they can

t win ball games by relying on good defense and a mediocre running game. I expect them to start utilizing their speedy WRs in the next couple of games at home.

I know he hasn't done much the first two weeks but be patient and you will be rewarded.

Evans would have had somewhere around a 60 yard touchdown last week. He had the corner beat and the DB decided to haul him down before he caught the pass. On the pass interference Losman passed the score to Josh Reed on the next play.

Losman I think will get better as the year goes on so I think Evans is still worth a roster spot at least.

It's only been two weeks guys.

He would have had an around 60 yard TD last week but the Miami DB decided to haul him down instead of letting him catch the TD.

Be patient.

I just traded for Lee Evans last night. Not too high on him, but think he still has potential.

Either he'll be out of the NFL or his stats have to go up, No?

I traded Deion Branch (he's 3A/3B for Seattle) and Kellen Winslow for Lee Evans and Ben Watson.

I think I creamed this guy.

Geez guys, overreact much? His performance has hurt me as well, but if not for that PI he would of had 100 yards and a TD. He is getting the looks, he just got unlucky.

I also think they are being quite cautions with Losman and will open things up more in the coming weeks.

The other thing working against Evans this year is the fact he's the #1 option for the first time, and without Moulds there, I'm sure he's being doubled constantly.

He's going to need time to adjust, but he's well worth stashing on your roster. He'll come through eventually.

Evans has scored pretty well over the past three weeks, he's now the #19 WR in my league after a dreadful first two games. Do you guys think he will continue to consistently produce or will he have big up and down swings?

Evans has scored pretty well over the past three weeks, he's now the #19 WR in my league after a dreadful first two games. Do you guys think he will continue to consistently produce or will he have big up and down swings?

see his schedule.....now is the time to get him.

I'm going to try and re-acquire him, he is still on waivers since I dropped him... I'm hung over from drinking too much Doug Gabriel Kool Aid.

I laugh at all of those who DROPPED him after 2 weeks.... <_<

pretty sad you couldnt just leave him on the bench for a week or 2.... :banana: ....overreaction is a mutha...

I laugh at all of those who DROPPED him after 2 weeks.... :lol:

pretty sad you couldnt just leave him on the bench for a week or 2.... :thumbsdown: ....overreaction is a mutha...

Well I didn't drop him, but I did have him on my bench in weeks 3 and 5. Unfortunately he would have made the differance both weeks for me if I had just been smart enough to start him. I have Evans, Moss, Muhammad, Bruce, and M. Jones. Never fails, whoever is on my bench seems to have a big day :wall:

I laugh at all of those who DROPPED him after 2 weeks.... :lol:

pretty sad you couldnt just leave him on the bench for a week or 2.... :thumbsdown: ....overreaction is a mutha...

Whatever... if he is such a gem how come he is still on the waiver wire? And before you redicule my league it is a 10 team 15 man roster, so only 150 total spots are rostered.

Must be nice being right all the time. :wall:

Whatever... if he is such a gem how come he is still on the waiver wire? And before you redicule my league it is a 10 team 15 man roster, so only 150 total spots are rostered.

Must be nice being right all the time. :wall:

Dropping a guy like Evans who was most peoples number 2 WR is dumb after 2 weeks....2 weeks doesnt make a season.....simply not start him for a week or 2 and see what he does....If he is still on waivers then Idk what to say you got me there...your basically saying your league knows nothing about football....drafting a guy as high as most did on evans means you can't drop him after 2 weeks...and right all the time?.....ask all the guys on this board and they would say the same....you can't drop your 2nd WR after 2 fricken weeks....its just pathetic and even more pathetic is your league still didnt pick him up somewhere.... :thumbsdown:

Dude I see your point, but you don't have all the facts. First he wasn't my number 2 WR he was the 3rd WR I drafted. Chambers #1, Glenn #2, and Matt Jones #4. At the end of week 2 who would have know that Chambers was going to be the bust that he has turned out to be. I dropped Evans for Toomer who even with a bye week has still out scored Evans. Had I know that Jones was going to be hurt all season I might not of thought that Evans was expendable, but I did not have that knowledge at the time.

In defense of my league you are allowed to start 3 RBs and 2 WRs or 2 RBs and 3 WRs / TE, so the majority of teams play 3 RBs, strive for depth at RB, and carry enough WRs to cover byes and injuries, so there usually are servicable WRs in our free agent pool. Sure there are one or two guys who draft their teams and never touch them, but that happens in every league, especially when you are playing for fun and not money.

Anyway, I am not trying to be an a$$-hole, I just think that it is really easy for you to look back on this situation and tell me I was wrong, I could have just as well been right. Hindsight is 20/20. Evans could break his leg next week and then I could say see I was right to dump him. So no offense intended, carry on.

He has now on pace for a very nice season. Guess I was right on the feeling I had about him. I look for Losman to continue to lean on him and hopefully a few 50+ yard TD's thrown in.

Love Lee Evans ever since his days at Wisconsin. Last three weeks he has been steadily improving and showing his talent. I bet he ends up a top 10 receiver.