Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Week 3 Homer Start 'Em/ Sit 'Ems

bench all your Chiefs this week as they are on a bye :thumbsdown:

Homer pick:

Thomas Jones. He's struggled the first two weeks, but I think this is the week he gets going. He was doing well against Detroit last week until the end when they were trying to grind it out, which killed his YPC.

I'm not a Rams homer, but I am a Bulger owner in 2 leagues, and I'm sitting him. He has a juicy matchup, but given SF sacked him 6 times last week and Pace is doubtful this week, and I just can't find the sack to play him. :clap:

Home pick.

Start Driver....if you need a bye week QB...start Favre...even ify our other QB is not all that good...start Favre. Sleeper start on Jennings. Green only in a pinch.

Against the Packers....start Roy...maybe Kitna....hold off on Jones as he has been unproductive and the Packers have done well against the run this year.

Home pick.

Start Driver....if you need a bye week QB...start Favre...even ify our other QB is not all that good...start Favre. Sleeper start on Jennings. Green only in a pinch.

Against the Packers....start Roy...maybe Kitna....hold off on Jones as he has been unproductive and the Packers have done well against the run this year.

Stole my thunder, but mostly agree. I think Green is a better play than a pinch (which to me is M. Bell or Green). I think McCarthy will get him closer to 20 carries this week (and the score will allow that) and he will get 5-8 chances for those PPR leagues. NOW - he just needs to hold on to the ball. I think Jennings is a great play this week as well.

bench all your Chiefs this week as you would every other week cept LJ

CHI Bears @ MIN Vikings

Bears

Start: T. Jones, CHI Defense

Consider: M. Muhammud, Grossman

Sit: C. Benson

This is going to be a closer lower scoring game. Grossman may attempt 2-3 long balls during the game to get some deep TD's. If they don't work during the first half expect the Bears to run the ball to the hole that E. James left on the Vikes D-line. Benson should only be a spell for Jones, seeing about 5 touches this game, sit him. You can not afford to sit the Bears Defense EVER. They probably won't put up big points this week, but expect 3 sacks, low yardage against, and about 13 pts against.

Vikings

Start: Longwell

Consider: C. Taylor, T. Williamson

Sit: B. Johnson

Again in a close low scoring game, Johnson will be a ball protector, not really taking any chances. The only shot I see is Williamson breaking across the middle on a slant and using his speed to break a long play (ala vintage R. Moss). Childress will POUND the ball all game long. Taylor will see 25+ touches and may get 85-95 yrds. I just don't see him reaching the endzone.

Giants:

Start: Eli - He had a good game against them last year, plus Seattle will put points on the board, so Giants will either need to match it, or catch it.

Sit: Shockey - If you have a viable second option. Shockey was hurting big time last week. TC commented earlier on in the week that he hopes Shockey can get to where he was last week. If that's what we're shooting for, I'd sit him until after next weeks bye week.

Denver Homer Pick:

Start: Javon Walker. Jake is starting to look his way, and I think he can exploit those shorter DB's for New England. Sleeper: Mike Bell

Giants:

Start: Eli - He had a good game against them last year, plus Seattle will put points on the board, so Giants will either need to match it, or catch it.

Sit: Shockey - If you have a viable second option. Shockey was hurting big time last week. TC commented earlier on in the week that he hopes Shockey can get to where he was last week. If that's what we're shooting for, I'd sit him until after next weeks bye week.

Also start Toomer (not based off last year's big week, but I think Seattle will keep Burress relatively in check and Toomer will get a ton of looks again). I agree that Shockey is likely to be shut down.

Tiki is due for a bounceback week even though he's a bit banged up and Jacobs might be a decent flex option. I expect some decent points to go up in this game on both ends. Seattle's defense has played well, but I still see the Giants putting up big points in a high scoring game.

Denver Homer Pick:

Start: Javon Walker. Jake is starting to look his way, and I think he can exploit those shorter DB's for New England. Sleeper: Mike Bell

New England gives up less than 3 yards a rush. There is no sleeper in the Denver back field. The Patriots will shut down the run just like they did to Buffalo and just they did to the Jets.

The ONLY running you are going to see is Dillon and Marroney running wild on the Broncos.

Go Pats!

49ers -

If you have him and are in a WR pinch - you might look at A Battle - got a feeling this is going to be a high scoring game - all the attention to Bryant and Davis might be a break for Battle...

NEW ENGLAND HOMER

Must Start

Patriots Defense. The Pats will not let the Broncos rush on them! Plummer will be forced into making mistakes as he's done all season. That means points for Int's and fumbles. By games end he'll be shellshocked and look like a deer in the headlights, or like DREW BLEDSOE and that will count for a few garbage sacks. Mike Bell and Tatum Bell will look more like TINKER BELL running into the Patriots Defensive wall. Pats want revenge! I'm looking forward to it.

Ben Watson, this week he'll get his 1st score and he's going to do it against Champ Bailey. I know I know that sounds crazy but Bailey loves to stop the run and when he jumps up in the box against Brady he's going to find Watson for a short TD in the RedZone or over the top of everyone.

Moderate Start

Tom Brady gotta start your studs I agree, but I really do see Brady throwing a moderate number of passed here for about 180-220 total yards and 1-2 TD's. Watson will get at least 1 of them.

Pats RB's Dillon or Maroney - BOth will get a lot fo touches between 12-20 each and they'll run for a total of about 150 and 2 TD's. Key word being total. The potential for a long play by Maroney could make him a must start.

Gostkowski - Kicker, 2 FG's and 3-4 xp's.

Don't start

Pats WR

Daniel Graham

Kevin Faulk

G-men:

start Eli, Plax, Tiki, BJ for flex only

sit Toomah, Shockey

consider: DST if you don't have other options

Jet:

Nothing to see here. Bills have a good pass D, Takeo is out, Chadwick has revenge on his mind, but I don't see it. Divisional game you never know, but IMO Cotchery is NOT the real deal IMO, not a good week for Coles (calf injury, but expected to play), and if you using Baker or any RB for your bye week you have my sympathies. At best Pennington or Coles is a gut check start.

DST is improved (even sans Abraham and his perennial soft tissue injury), but I think Willis will get his. Doubt Losman lights it up, he is awful.

Panthers vs Bucs

Start: Steve Smith

Gamble: Start Deangelo, he's been producing better than Foster and this might be the week he takes the starting job.

Risk: Delhomme

New England gives up less than 3 yards a rush. There is no sleeper in the Denver back field. The Patriots will shut down the run just like they did to Buffalo and just they did to the Jets.

The ONLY running you are going to see is Dillon and Marroney running wild on the Broncos.

Go Pats!

Did I say Mike Bell? Cuz, I meant Tatum!!! Go Broncos!!!!! :bench: