Sign in to follow this  
Montana_god

If the niners pull the upset

The 49ers dont need to concern themselves with trivial things like winning games and trying to make the playoffs.

They just need to make sure that Frank Gore is as healthy and productive as possible for the rest of the season.

Where are your priorities man?

Hey nobody said Championship - all the Niner fans I know would be amazed with a 9-7 record and a wildcard game on the road!!

Okay - One upset does not a playoff make! (This just doesn't sound as good as championship win)

Sorry but there will be no upset.........and it won't be pretty.

They are a better team than last year, but the Eagles are not happy right now and have a ton to prove.

Phi-31

SF-14

Sorry but there will be no upset.........and it won't be pretty.

They are a better team than last year, but the Eagles are not happy right now and have a ton to prove.

Phi-31

SF-14

Of course you realize if the score's the other way around I'm going to bump this topic, then like Crackhead Bob I will point and laugh. :blink:

Eagles stocks are down. They are still bummed out.

I say the Niners play a hell of a game and win one out.

Niners 17

Eagles 14

The Niner's a play off team :dunno: Please this is a team that only won 2 games last year - both to the Cards & both games they really shouldnt have won.

Granted the Niners are much improved over last year but a play off team :mad: - let me put this as simply as I can NOT!

The Niner's a play off team :dunno: Please this is a team that only won 2 games last year - both to the Cards & both games they really shouldnt have won.

Granted the Niners are much improved over last year but a play off team :mad: - let me put this as simply as I can NOT!

Ummm that was two years ago - they took 4 games last year and played tough in quite a few more...WAKE UP IT'S 2006!! :D

Puh-lease...did any of you actually watch the Eagles-Giants game. The Eagles were dominating one of the better teams in the league...dominating...until Reid called off the dogs and the Eagles started to relax. THEN, the Giants came to life and made them pay. Point being, if Reid and the Eagles don't relax it's lights-out G-Men.

I think the Eagles learned a valuable lesson last week and will show the 9ers no mercy. The Rams are bad. The Eagles are good. Sorry, no upset in this game.

The Niner's a play off team :doublethumbsup: Please this is a team that only won 2 games last year - both to the Cards & both games they really shouldnt have won.

Granted the Niners are much improved over last year but a play off team :doh: - let me put this as simply as I can NOT!

Aside from not realizing last year was 2005 not 2004, you might want to consider phasing out the Wayne's World quotes when trying to get you point across. :pointstosky:

The Niner's a play off team :pointstosky: Please this is a team that only won 2 games last year - both to the Cards & both games they really shouldnt have won.

Granted the Niners are much improved over last year but a play off team :doublethumbsup: - let me put this as simply as I can NOT!

Hey! The Niners won 4 games last year!!! Don't try and cheat us out of those 2 games. One thing to remember, the beginning of the Dinesty years (1981) followed a year with only 5-6 wins, so previous year's wins not a big indicator. Still I'll take 8-9 wins this year and call it a good year.

T.

If the Niners upset the Eagles, they upset the Eagles and nothing more.

SF is doing some nice things but we still really don't know how to gauge the Eagles, nevermind a banged up on-the road Eagles team.

If SF went to PHI and beat up a healthy Eagles team... that'd be a statement.

Yes... if they follow it up by winning their division, or enough games to qualify for a wildcard spot... duh! :doublethumbsup:

Puh-lease...did any of you actually watch the Eagles-Giants game. The Eagles were dominating one of the better teams in the league...dominating...until Reid called off the dogs and the Eagles started to relax. THEN, the Giants came to life and made them pay. Point being, if Reid and the Eagles don't relax it's lights-out G-Men.

I think the Eagles learned a valuable lesson last week and will show the 9ers no mercy. The Rams are bad. The Eagles are good. Sorry, no upset in this game.

You lost, at home.. Don't try to make youself feel better by telling us how the Eagles blew it.. We have no clue if the Eagles are any good.. They have 1 win against the Texans.. That is all we know..

You lost, at home.. Don't try to make youself feel better by telling us how the Eagles blew it.. We have no clue if the Eagles are any good.. They have 1 win against the Texans.. That is all we know..

That may be all YOU know, but I've actually watched the games.

Last I checked...NFL teams have to play a full 4 quarters and even more should their be a tie. Wins and loses, and thus team performances, are entirely based on the final result and not who one individual quarters.

This is not a boxing match where rounds are judged individually. You are either knocked out or you are the one knocking out.

Eagles lost to the better team that day. If they were able to "dominate", as you so put it, they would have a W. Instead they did not dominate...they lost. They got rope-a-doped, and guess who the dope was?

And do not talk about relaxing. They did not relax. They could not run out the clock because they have no run game. All those passing yards mean nothing if you cannot hold on to your lead while killing time off the clock.

I am also amazed on how Eagles fans all of a sudden give props to the Giants and call them "one of the better team in the league" after they lose to them. Before the game, the Giants sucked.

any ways......GO NINERS!!!!!

Last I checked...NFL teams have to play a full 4 quarters and even more should their be a tie. Wins and loses, and thus team performances, are entirely based on the final result and not who one individual quarters.

This is not a boxing match where rounds are judged individually. You are either knocked out or you are the one knocking out.

Eagles lost to the better team that day. If they were able to "dominate", as you so put it, they would have a W. Instead they did not dominate...they lost. They got rope-a-doped, and guess who the dope was?

And do not talk about relaxing. They did not relax. They could not run out the clock because they have no run game. All those passing yards mean nothing if you cannot hold on to your lead while killing time off the clock.

I am also amazed on how Eagles fans all of a sudden give props to the Giants and call them "one of the better team in the league" after they lose to them. Before the game, the Giants sucked.

any ways......GO NINERS!!!!!

You obviously didn't watch the game. And, I wholeheartedly admit that the Eagles didn't dominate for 4 quarters.

BTW, the Giants do SUCK but it has nothing to do with the capabilities of their football team on the field.

Philly D.

Kearse OUT

Doubtful

Hood

Sheppard

Questionable

Bartrum

Westy might sit and Fragile Donte with Hammy issues(who didn't know that was going to happen).

Reggie Brown coming out party(with maybe a little Baskett thrown in) in a losing effort.

SF 34

Philly 30

The oddest thing about this thread is that the Eagles were considered the consensus bottom-dwellers of the NFC East coming into this season.

How does beating a non-playoff team at home catapult a team into playoff contention?

The oddest thing about this thread is that the Eagles were considered the consensus bottom-dwellers of the NFC East coming into this season.

How does beating a non-playoff team at home catapult a team into playoff contention?

Not that I follow the Eagles too closely - but the TO drama has ended - McNair is healthy - Stallworth gives them a legit WR threat - In my mind they look like the same team that two years ago was in the Super Bowl...

Mah 9ers suck. Doubtful for playoffs this year. Even if they beat Philly they'd have to win 7 more games. I just can't envision that yet.

The Niners are going to win their 6th ring this year and the Lombardi Trophy :D will once agin reside in the Bay Area...

Taste It!!!

Not that I follow the Eagles too closely - but the TO drama has ended - McNair is healthy - Stallworth gives them a legit WR threat - In my mind they look like the same team that two years ago was in the Super Bowl...

What McNair has to do with the Eagles...I have no idea...but...

It is not that the Eagles have gotten worse, they are a good team even without TO, but it is more that the rest of the NFC East has gotten significantly better then even two years ago. The competition stepped up. The Eagles will need WRs to catch all McNad's passes and, more importantly, they will have to learn to run the ball effectively to win games. They lack key players in the skill spots on offense and that will bite them in the end. A WR2 from NO will not be the answer and defenses will soon find out how to stop him.

Now I do predict they will still be the bottom of the NFC Barrel but that is not as bad as, say, the NFC North Barrel.

For the Niners to beat the Eagles this week, it will take a very significant increase in performance from last year. For the Eagles to lose, it will crush them, even if the Niners have indeed turned their team around.

now...like I said before...GO NINERS!!!!

What McNair has to do with the Eagles...I have no idea...but...

It is not that the Eagles have gotten worse, they are a good team even without TO, but it is more that the rest of the NFC East has gotten significantly better then even two years ago. The competition stepped up. The Eagles will need WRs to catch all McNad's passes and, more importantly, they will have to learn to run the ball effectively to win games. They lack key players in the skill spots on offense and that will bite them in the end. A WR2 from NO will not be the answer and defenses will soon find out how to stop him.

Now I do predict they will still be the bottom of the NFC Barrel but that is not as bad as, say, the NFC North Barrel.

For the Niners to beat the Eagles this week, it will take a very significant increase in performance from last year. For the Eagles to lose, it will crush them, even if the Niners have indeed turned their team around.

now...like I said before...GO NINERS!!!!

What do you say now, smart guy?

Where are you now, bigshot? :banana: :banana: :banana:

uh, not pointing & laughing?

there's a reason it's called an upset. No one expected the niners to win, and in the "upset of the week" topic I was posting wishful thinking.

Who knew Westbrook was not only not "50%" but more like 135% healthy?

But whatever...I expect the Niners to win 6 games this year, and this was not one of them.

Way to rub it in though, big shot. Like celebrating the hunter clubbing a harp seal on the ice. No one expects the seal to win either. :banana:

uh, not pointing & laughing?

there's a reason it's called an upset. No one expected the niners to win, and in the "upset of the week" topic I was posting wishful thinking.

Who knew Westbrook was not only not "50%" but more like 135% healthy?

But whatever...I expect the Niners to win 6 games this year, and this was not one of them.

Way to rub it in though, big shot. Like celebrating the hunter clubbing a harp seal on the ice. No one expects the seal to win either. :headbanger:

LOL, not really trying to rub it in. Rather, trying to get people to realize that the Eagles are legit and aren't candidates for upsets from teams like the 49ers (who I believe are much improved and will be formidable very soon, their offense is formidable now, IMO).

Good luck w/your sig bet. I like your chances.

I can't believe there were actually morons on here who thought the Niners could actually beat the Eagles.

If gore doesn't fumble at the one - the game goes into overtime....14 point swing on one play!

If gore doesn't fumble at the one - the game goes into overtime....14 point swing on one play!

It was 24-3 when he fumbled. 49ers got pounded...I appreciate you enthusiasm for your team and all..but they never had a chance

It was 24-3 when he fumbled. 49ers got pounded...I appreciate you enthusiasm for your team and all..but they never had a chance

Did you watch the game?? Eagles had like -7 yards in the third quarter....the crowd was in it, the offense scored in like 1 min 50 sec...that one play seemed to seal the fate...

Maybe the never had a chance and I was smoking crack..- but it felt like it was going in the other direction - any other opinions??