Sign in to follow this  
omarkal

K Warner

I just traded Big Ben for Warner, since my primary QB Eli is on a bye. Hoping he is going to give it all he's got this week vs Atlanta. How many others are starting him?

I'm using the committee approach with Warner, Bulger, and Kitna this year (I don't usually stock 3 QBs on my roster, but with Warner and Bulger's injury history, I figured I needed insurance), and was hoping that Warner would be better than he has looked. I will be starting Bulger against a suspect Lions' pass D, and I think that Warner could have a rough week against the Atl. pass rush. The Arizona line looks even worse than I expected, and if Abraham returns, Warner could be sitting by halftime...

...in fact I almost think that they decided to go with Warner one more week just so he could bomb again and in doing so, support their move to go with Leinart. Of course that's just speculation...

I'm sitting him in both leagues I own him. One I'm starting Bledsoe, in the other I'm starting Pennington. Warner may rebound after almost losing his job, but I don't want to bet on it when I have better options.

Warner is going to get pulled mid game for Leinart... it's just a question of when. this week? next week? oh, it'll happen.

I don't know if I have much choice. My other QB is Culpepper and I can't trust him. Nothing out there on the waiver wire.

I guess I'm hoping the threat of losing the starting job to Leinart will motivate him to pick up his game a little, but Warner seems like the kind of guy who's going to give it his all every time out. So maybe this is all he's got.

I am afraid of him getting pulled mid game, like Ed said. But I can't start, Culpepper...can I? :pointstosky:

I dont have a choice but to start Warner. Eli is on a bye and my backup Big Ben who i traded for warner was also on a bye. I screwed up on draft day, now paying the penalty. :pointstosky:

I just Warner for this week and then i am riding Eli.

I have Warner, Leinart and Kitna and right now I plan to start Kitna. I took Kitna late as a sleeper and I think last week we saw him starting to gel with that offense. It's a statement game for the opposing coaches and I am gambling on a shootout and a breakout by Kitna. It's a gamble, but so is Warner. Also, I am an ATL homer and I think their DEF is going to try to make a statement at home after Monday's fiasco. I think you will see a lot of pass rushing and a multiple sack game for Warner.

Well he's the only QB on my roster so I don't have a choice but to give him the rock. If history means anything...he could light it up! Brees humbled Atlanta last week so how is playing Warner a risky play especially considering these historical numbers:

QB K. Warner Jan 6 02 STL(h) W 31-13 25 30 83.3% 280 3 3 2 7 3.50 0 - - - - 26.7

QB K. Warner Dec 2 01 STL(a) W 35-6 17 23 73.9% 342 4 0 1 3 3.00 0 - - - - 33.4

QB K. Warner Oct 15 00 STL(h) W 45-29 24 40 60.0% 313 3 1 1 1 1.00 0 - - - - 27.8

QB K. Warner Sep 24 00 STL(a) W 41-20 12 19 63.2% 336 4 1 2 -3 -1.50 0 - - - - 32.5

:banana:

Well he's the only QB on my roster so I don't have a choice but to give him the rock. If history means anything...he could light it up! Brees humbled Atlanta last week so how is playing Warner a risky play especially considering these historical numbers:

QB K. Warner Jan 6 02 STL(h) W 31-13 25 30 83.3% 280 3 3 2 7 3.50 0 - - - - 26.7

QB K. Warner Oct 15 00 STL(h) W 45-29 24 40 60.0% 313 3 1 1 1 1.00 0 - - - - 27.8

QB K. Warner Sep 24 00 STL(a) W 41-20 12 19 63.2% 336 4 1 2 -3 -1.50 0 - - - - 32.5

:banana:

2000-2002 history does NOT mean anything in this case.

I also am stuck with him -- I had hoped we'd get a few more good weeks out of him, but it seems doubtful. My alternative is Rivers, and this is not the week for me to give him a try.

My hope is that playing inside on the fast track allows Warner to go off. I know -- snowball's chance in hell . . .

:ninja:

Um, those were Marshal Faulks best years ever.

I'm kinda in the same boat.

I have Warner and Vick.

After that A$$ whipping they took on Monday night. I think that ATL will shut down ARZ.

They will get back to doing what they do best. Running the ball.

I expect Vick to have about 190 passing and 75 rushing with 2tds. With Dunn going over 100

If they run the ball, the clock will be running. Thats less opportunities for Zona's offense.

Warner might get some garbage points at the end of the game(if he doesnt get pulled)

I just dont trust Warner in this game. I think he will have someone in his face all day. If J. Abraham comes back, look out.

I think ATL wins 31-14

I don't know if I have much choice. My other QB is Culpepper and I can't trust him. Nothing out there on the waiver wire.

I guess I'm hoping the threat of losing the starting job to Leinart will motivate him to pick up his game a little, but Warner seems like the kind of guy who's going to give it his all every time out. So maybe this is all he's got.

I am afraid of him getting pulled mid game, like Ed said. But I can't start, Culpepper...can I? ;)

I have the same exact decision to make and I'm going with Culpepper. I think there's a better chance of it starting to click more for Culpepper this week against the Texans than I think it will click for Warner in Atlanta. Especially if Abraham is back in the lineup for the Falcons. I don't like the reports I hear about Warner's hand still being a problem and he's making horrible decisions. Meanwhile, Culpepper is by no means lighting it up while struggling with timing, getting the new offense, the fact that his knee is still not healed, but he took care of the ball last week and didn't make any stupid mistakes. If Culpepper would have a good week and Miami wins, suddenly the Dolphins are 2-2 and on the right track.

Between the 2....I'm felling Daunte this weekend. Besides Kurt's going to get yanked after the 1st half.

warner, vick or pennington?

will answer yours :wacko:

warner, vick or pennington?

will answer yours :banana:

I think C Penn will be throwing the ball all day to catchup with Indy. This could be a shootout in the making.

I have the same exact decision to make and I'm going with Culpepper.

I'm actually giving it serious consideration now, too. I don't have much confidence in him, but Culpepper couldn't ask for a better matchup and I'm really afraid of Denny Green's short leash.

The big appeal for Warner is that he figures to get decent numbers in garbage time after they fall way behind in the 2nd half. I think if they do fall way behind, Denny won't hesitate to put Leinart in there.

I'm going to feel like an idiot if I'm wrong, though. Start Culpepper, as sucky as he's been? Risky to say the least.