Sign in to follow this  
t-birdie

With any luck, Reggie Bush could be the next...

Kevin Faulk.

with a bonus in leagues that award return yardage. I may have to move him up my depth chart. He just overtook SBryson as my RB7.

I think you meant Desmond Howard.

the last heisman winner to be a special teams force in the NFL.

you people are retarded. Honestly, the saints are 4-1 and it has a lot to do with bush. He's on pace for over 100 catches and almost 900 receiving yards and if you'd take the time to watch a Saints game you'd see that he completely opens up the rest of the offense for his teammates because opposing defenses focus so much on stopping him. As good as Lawrence Maroney has been, bush has been more valuable to the success of his team

you people are retarded. Honestly, the saints are 4-1 and it has a lot to do with bush. He's on pace for over 100 catches and almost 900 receiving yards and if you'd take the time to watch a Saints game you'd see that he completely opens up the rest of the offense for his teammates because opposing defenses focus so much on stopping him. As good as Lawrence Maroney has been, bush has been more valuable to the success of his team

Unfortunately, my league doesn't award points for "opening up the offense".

I second that!! :banana:

The Saints actually have an offense that can move the ball and are actually fun to watch!

my comment was actually directed at the person who compared him to desmond howard. plus in leagues that reward ppr, he puts up pretty solid numbers every week

The aints are good for 2 reasons.

1. they got rid of Brooks

2. they signed Brees

Yeah...what he said.

It is a sad statement on the state of sports in this country when everything is becoming judged on what a person does or doesn't do for a persons fantasy team.

I've seen my share of Saints games this season. Even a blind man can see the impact Bush has had on this team. Deuce's career is re-born. Part of that is because he's fully rehabbed and is back looking his pre-injury self. But a bigger part is these defenses are so spread out trying to chase Bush that Deuce has been able to plow right up the gut and get into the secondary.

In my PPR league he is the 15th ranked RB so far this season. Ahead of McGahee, J.Jones, L.Maroney, T.Jones, J.Adaii, Caddy, and D.Foster.

Was he not ranked by most FF players as around the 15th - 20th best RB going into most drafts? :banana:

In my PPR league he is the 15th ranked RB so far this season. Ahead of McGahee, J.Jones, L.Maroney, T.Jones, J.Adaii, Caddy, and D.Foster.

Was he not ranked by most FF players as around the 15th - 20th best RB going into most drafts? :thumbsdown:

You are correct sir, but that argument doesn't hold water with a few individuals on the bored. BUT, continue to plug him in and enjoy the points (that's what I'm doing). He's the top #2 RB in my league (16 teamer) and it's a Dynasty, so it should only get better.

Unfortunately, my league doesn't award points for "opening up the offense".

I'm also a Reggie Bush owner and my league also does not give me any points for "opening up the offense" or "being a great decoy" but just b/c that makes Bush less than very helpful as a fantasy RB, it doesn't take away from what Bush means to the Saints or how great a talent he really is.

R. Bush gets ripped way too much on this board. I'm not thrilled with his fantasy production either but that doesn't mean he's Kevin Faulk or Eric Metcalf or Dante Hall. I don't remember any of those guys being the sole focus of defensive game plans of the opponents of their teams. I don't recall those guys drawing double coverage every week.

Has R. Bush been worth his draft status in fantasy? No!

Is R. Bush a sick talent who makes a HUGE difference in an offense? Absolutely!!!

Is HOU's draft decision going to go down in history as the biggest blunder since Portland took Sam Booeyover Michael Jordan? Absolutely!!!

I agree he's a game-changer for the Saints - but fantasy-wise, I'm thinking about trading him in my keeper league for a #2 WR.

You are correct sir, but that argument doesn't hold water with a few individuals on the bored. BUT, continue to plug him in and enjoy the points (that's what I'm doing). He's the top #2 RB in my league (16 teamer) and it's a Dynasty, so it should only get better.

Totally agree.

Kevin Faulk.

with a bonus in leagues that award return yardage. I may have to move him up my depth chart. He just overtook SBryson as my RB7.

You also failed to mention that u are blind and have never watched football.

From a fantasy perspective - anyone who expected Reggie to put up great numbers in a non-PPR league was jumping the gun a bit. I think those who have him in PPR league's are satisfied with his results (I know I am). Unless you don't get credit for his return TD yesterday... he was the top scoring RB in ppr league's by std ppr scoring.

In the real world... he has tried to do a little too much. He even admits as much. He is in the process of adjusting his game. Right now he is helping move the chains and opens up the offense. With the emergence of Colston to go along with Horn, the production and resurgence of Deuce... and the game management of Brees... I think that Reggie is going to get better as games go by beause you simply will have to play the Saints straight up.

I think in time he can at least be as effective as Westbrook. Basically they run high percentage pass plays to both of those guys that are essentially runs. In the end, he has been a good, not great football player for the Saints thus far.... that is until he scored a game winning TD on a 65 punt return. It was a great play, but as it was more a result of great blocking (He did look fast as hell there though) he still has not shown greatness yet... and still has to prove it to me (even though I think he will). That being said.. he has shown he is very good.

I had the #1 rookie pick this year. I tried to trade down several times, but no one would do it. I knew Reggie would be a lousy fantasy player but if he turned into BSanders I'd look like a fool.

So I was eventually stuck with the #1 and had to take him. I tried to trade down to #2, #3, and #5.

We're not talking real life here, we're talking fantasy, right? The Bears are real life, fantasy is just a name with a number next to it. Regardless of what Reggie did on the field yesterday, there was a "6" next to his name on the stat sheet.