Sign in to follow this  
alwazefun

M. Colston on Yahoo

I am in a Yahoo league where M. Colston is still being used as a TE. I suggested to the Commish that he should annouce that Colston can no longer be used as a TE after his week 7 bye. He said he agrees but has no way to enforce it since Yahoo hasnt changed his eligibility. This is a money league so I think something needs to be done about it before any later in the season and especially before playoffs. I was hoping to get some input to take back to him as to how others using Yahoo have addressed this problem???

I am in a Yahoo league where M. Colston is still being used as a TE. I suggested to the Commish that he should annouce that Colston can no longer be used as a TE after his week 7 bye. He said he agrees but has no way to enforce it since Yahoo hasnt changed his eligibility. This is a money league so I think something needs to be done about it before any later in the season and especially before playoffs. I was hoping to get some input to take back to him as to how others using Yahoo have addressed this problem???

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...&hl=Colston

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...&hl=Colston

-R

It doesn't matter, Yahoo listed him as a WR/TE and they don't change position eligibility at all during the season so deal with it. I have him in one league but I play him as a flex wr/te and have Heap as a TE so its not that bad. I wish I picked him up in 2 other leagues but didn't and don't really care b/c it is what it is.

I am a commish of a Yahoo money league and I have no problems with him being used as a TE or a WR. That is how he is listed, that how he gets used.

I think Colston should be able to be used any way he is listed and I am not a Colston owner.

I wish I had been quick enough to pick him up off waivers before the Colston owner did.

The only people b!tch!n about it are those that don;t have him.

I think Colston should be able to be used any way he is listed and I am not a Colston owner.

I wish I had been quick enough to pick him up off waivers before the Colston owner did.

The only people b!tch!n about it are those that don;t have him.

Actually I DO have him ... in 2 other leagues(not yahoo) and in one of those leagues he had dual eligibility. I am the one that asked the commish to correctly change him to WR. But i am not a ###### that needs loopholes to win.

-- to ccb123: It is not making a new rule, it is correcting a mistake. and its not penalizing one owner, it is forcing him to play properly

If you are using Yahoo for a money league that is your problem. You get what you pay for!!!

you are going to troll around till you hear the answer you wanna get. DId you even click on all the links they provided you above?

Do some researches on this board before you call ppl name. There have been some great debates over this issue in several different locations and people were nice enough to dig them out for you.

Smart ass and defensive COlston owner huh? How did i figure that another newbie is gonna come up with "CAN COLSTON?" thread.......... Im sure theres gonna be another one next week. and week after and week after....

you are going to troll around till you hear the answer you wanna get. DId you even click on all the links they provided you above?

Do some researches on this board before you call ppl name. There have been some great debates over this issue in several different locations and people were nice enough to dig them out for you.

Smart ass and defensive COlston owner huh? How did i figure that another newbie is gonna come up with "CAN COLSTON?" thread.......... Im sure theres gonna be another one next week. and week after and week after....

First off check the join date before you call someone a "newbie", post count doesnt mean anything.( and I have been around for longer then my joindate)

Second I am not looking for a specific answer but would like comments from people who have addressed this issue in their league .... not just smart ass comments. I did not call names until people felt the need to be smart asses.

Finally "Mr Wise Veteran", yes I did click on the links, but my question was partially time specific since Colston is coming up on a bye week, and older posts werent necessarily addressing this aspect of the question.

And there are many topics that repeat much more often then this topic ... go bother them!

:lol: Somebody sure is :mellow: :cry: like a baby in this post. If Colston had 50 total yards and no TD's, would you still be :cry: about his TE status in Yahoo???????????????????

I am threatening to quit my league if Michael Robinson isn't stopped being played as a RB/WR in my Yahoo league. Nobody actually has him on their roster, but that is not the point. :wacko:

I am threatening to quit my league if Michael Robinson isn't stopped being played as a RB/WR in my Yahoo league. Nobody actually has him on their roster, but that is not the point. :mad:

:wacko:

:lol: Somebody sure is :wacko: :mad: like a baby in this post. If Colston had 50 total yards and no TD's, would you still be :cry: about his TE status in Yahoo???????????????????

Not Crying, just aggravated that people have to be smart asses, and can't either ignore the post or write something constructive. As to your question ... no I wouldn't .... people keep saying this but honestly the question has no bearing on the argument.

Only crybabies who don't have Colston in Yahoo call this a loophole.

Cooley had RB/TE eligibility last year and he never ran the ball, that I remember. No one bitched about that. If you use Yahoo, it's Yahoo's call. If you don't like it, don't use Yahoo.

I play on Yahoo and I don't have Colston. 14-team league, so good TEs are a rarity, and the competition that does have him uses him as a TE. No one has complained about it, either.

Immediately when you saw TE/WR eligibility, you should've picked him up. You didn't. Someone else did. Same with every other waiver wire gem in fantasy football. You didn't, someone else did. Wah wah.

or soriano as a 2b this season. Seriously, if he sucked this would not even be an issue. This happens all the time in baseball and occasionally in football and I dont ever recall ever seeing such a level of whining.

people keep saying this but honestly the question has no bearing on the argument.

Then you should also decide on:

Garrett Mills

Tony Jackson

John Foschi

Casey Cramer

Delanie Walker

Randal Williams

Reggie McNeal

&

Michael Robinson

And yes, I am being serious.

Then you should also decide on:

Garrett Mills

Tony Jackson

John Foschi

Casey Cramer

Delanie Walker

Randal Williams

Reggie McNeal

&

Michael Robinson

And yes, I am being serious.

They should be eligible to play the positions their team has them listed as. Colston is listed ONLY as a WR by both the NFL and the Saints. If they are listed by their team as multiple positions then that is a different story.

Only crybabies who don't have Colston in Yahoo call this a loophole.

Cooley had RB/TE eligibility last year and he never ran the ball, that I remember. No one bitched about that. If you use Yahoo, it's Yahoo's call. If you don't like it, don't use Yahoo.

I play on Yahoo and I don't have Colston. 14-team league, so good TEs are a rarity, and the competition that does have him uses him as a TE. No one has complained about it, either.

Immediately when you saw TE/WR eligibility, you should've picked him up. You didn't. Someone else did. Same with every other waiver wire gem in fantasy football. You didn't, someone else did. Wah wah.

For a second time ... I do own Colston in a league where he had WR/TE, and I could have played him as a TE. I chose to have the commish classify him properly as a WR. Because it is a loophole and it should be closed.

Just what the board needed, another whiner Yahoo Colston thread :wall:

could you be more constructive and stop being smartass?

- alwazefun-

- alwazefun-

I am being serious. I have seen so many threads on this same topic and it is time to move on. There is a lot of football to talk about without revisiting this topic every day. Reality is what it is. Deal with it.

- alwazefun-

How is that constructive? Go post on one of the endless ... should I make this trade, rank these players, should this trade be vetoed threads ... all of which I have seen many more times then this one.

How is that constructive? Go post on one of the endless ... should I make this trade, rank these players, should this trade be vetoed threads ... all of which I have seen many more times then this one.

Which is why I do not even bother to open any of them. I used to be one of those guys that would try to mother this board by telling all those idiots to take it to the help board. I guess I have gotten more apathetic in my old age. The fact is, it would be much more interesting to talk about Colston as a player or the impact he will have the rest of the way or anything along those lines. Try posting a thread like THAT instead of what a free FF service does when it sets player positions.

Another response froma wuss using loopholes to win :thumbsup:

Whatever. I'm following my league rules. The key word in your response is WIN

I just noticed, you are the original poster. So not only were you too late to pick up Colston in your one league, you are posting this topic too late. As has been said before, use the search feature and don't bring back this topic that we've previously discussed at nauseum. The early bird gets the worm.

I have him in my keeper league which is hosted on EA Sports. They removed his TE status awhile back but as long as I keep him plugged in as a TE he is eligible. I don't feel one bit guilty about using him there because that is one cut-throat league and you better bet every other owner would do the same in that league. I was just the one who grabbed him. Meanwhile I am in other leagues where I don't have him and have faced him as a TE. Hey they beat me to the punch and they deserve the right. Actually in my keeper league I am seriously considering taking the goose egg on his bye week in order to keep him there. It's not like I'll really miss the 2-3 points Gonzo would get me for that one week since he is stinking up my roster to this point. :banana: I feel for everyone in my league that passed on the guy... :thumbsup:

I really do :banana:

I have him in my keeper league which is hosted on EA Sports. They removed his TE status awhile back but as long as I keep him plugged in as a TE he is eligible. I don't feel one bit guilty about using him there because that is one cut-throat league and you better bet every other owner would do the same in that league. I was just the one who grabbed him. Meanwhile I am in other leagues where I don't have him and have faced him as a TE. Hey they beat me to the punch and they deserve the right. Actually in my keeper league I am seriously considering taking the goose egg on his bye week in order to keep him there. It's not like I'll really miss the 2-3 points Gonzo would get me for that one week since he is stinking up my roster to this point. :D I feel for everyone in my league that passed on the guy... :huh:

I really do ;)

I think that is a good compromise(he keeps his eligibility as long as he isnt removed from the TE position), I would not be opposed to something like that. That is the reason I asked the question to see how it was being handled.

Whatever. I'm following my league rules. The key word in your response is WIN

I just noticed, you are the original poster. So not only were you too late to pick up Colston in your one league, you are posting this topic too late. As has been said before, use the search feature and don't bring back this topic that we've previously discussed at nauseum. The early bird gets the worm.

The topic was not late in relation to his bye week. Shows your lack of reading comprehension, and the fact that you have to win FF at all costs, indicates that you are probably a loser in most other aspects of your life.

I think that is a good compromise(he keeps his eligibility as long as he isnt removed from the TE position), I would not be opposed to something like that. That is the reason I asked the question to see how it was being handled.

The topic was not late in relation to his bye week. Shows your lack of reading comprehension, and the fact that you have to win FF at all costs, indicates that you are probably a loser in most other aspects of your life.

Decent compromise. The owner who took Colston as a TE gets to keep the player in that position if he's willing to pay the price. The fact is that nobody could have been 100% sure that New Orleans wouldn't play him at TE in some game situations. Just as nobody can be 100% sure he won't see some action in that position at some point this season. He was evaluted by NFL personnel in that position as well as WR. Troy Brown has played DB :banana: He would make a great target for New Orleans in the TE position. They happen to be weak at wideout with the departure of Stallworth so it is what it is. When the owners who carry Colston on the rosters took him he was available to every owner in the league. Fantasy football is about getting the upper hand. Some people subscribe to pay sites for insider info, some people watch every game that they can watch, some people come here and dig through piles of crap to get any advantage they can get. Accept when other owners succeed and strive to do just a little bit more.

dude.. why do you think everyone is against you in this thread?

because.. You are as annoying as this thread. You are also insulting people on this board!. There are 3 - 4 links we have digged out for you to go read and take a look.. who cares about the bye week or whatever.. what does his bye week has anything to do with this topic and thread?

You call others losers cause they wanna win FF? Why are you wasting your time crying about colston's eligibility then? Why the hell do you play this again? Why r you on this board?.. wow... you are pathetic. You should have just said "Thanks for the links" and left the thread as it is. Is it that hard?

For the sake of argument of those who are for Colston being able to be played as a TE, ask yourself this question... if Larry Johnson was mistakenly listed as a TE by Yahoo, would you be okay with an owner starting him as a TE against you? How about Donavan McNabb as a TE?

He is not a TE PERIOD.

signed - non owner not in any yahoo leagues who has nothing to gain by being in favor of one way or the other.

because.. You are as annoying as this thread. You are also insulting people on this board!. There are 3 - 4 links we have digged out for you to go read and take a look.. who cares about the bye week or whatever.. what does his bye week has anything to do with this topic and thread?

You call others losers cause they wanna win FF? Why are you wasting your time crying about colston's eligibility then? Why the hell do you play this again? Why r you on this board?.. wow... you are pathetic. You should have just said "Thanks for the links" and left the thread as it is. Is it that hard?

:banana:

I think most people who answered in this thread, are against me because they own Colston and are using him as a TE.

I would have let it drop after the links if a smart ass hadnt jumped on here.

The bye week was important because some people I have talked to elsewhere are using the bye week as a cut off for his use a TE, figuring this will be the most fair to everyone involved since another te would have to be picked up for the bye week

There is a difference between being competitive and wanting to win and winning at ALL costs, these are the same typepeople who think trading players during bye weeks, exploiting software glitches, and other such ###### is perfectly fine.

I play FF because I like football, FF makes the games more interesting, for competitive fun, and I enjoy gambling.

I am on this board because I enjoy FF, not to post smart ass comments ... I hate seeing the rate my team, rate these players, should I make this trade threads ... but I dont have to post a smart ass comment on each one ... I just dont open the thread.

Why are you here? Just to make smart ass comments and add nothing intelligent to any discussion.