Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

I met Louise Mandrelle last week

Did he sign your personal copy of her album "I Put The C unt Back In Country!"?

isn't louise a chick? :first:

Ever heard of Grant City? I didnt think so, it's about as po-dunk as po-dunk comes.

But Louise was there at a gun manufacturer. I guess all the mandrelle's are gun rights activists.

This guy that owns the company, has been awared a bullet contract with the secret service. They have invented a bullet made of tungsten instead of lead. When the hammer hits a lead bullet, the bullet disfigures and that throws the circumference off, altering the path of the bullet. With tungsten, it turns to powder as soon as the hammer hits it and maintains a perfect spiral as it travels through the air.

Because of this, the bullet has a longer trajectory and they are accurate within a 5 inch radius from 1,000 yards.

He was saying they were using them in Iraq, and snipers were picking off targets from a mile away :blink:

They are on the verge of revolutionizing the way bullets are made. If in 25 years all bullets are made of tungsten instead of lead, just know that I was there when the project was getting off the ground :first:

They are using the Mandrelle's to market the product once they are up and running. I guess the guy that's doing all this has like 400 fenced acres of open land, where he actually breeds champion bucks by artificial ensimination (sp?)

They take people on these hunts on his land for like $10k and guarantee them a champion buck, almost genetically perfect. Unreal, really.

They take people on these hunts on his land for like $10k and guarantee them a champion buck, almost genetically perfect. Unreal, really.

...and similarly made of Tungsten too. Unreal, really.

CMH met Louise Mandrell?

I am picking her up in the death pool immediately. Bwahahahahahaha.

Sorry man but you are the kiss of death.

This guy that owns the company, has been awared a bullet contract with the secret service. They have invented a bullet made of tungsten instead of lead. When the hammer hits a lead bullet, the bullet disfigures and that throws the circumference off, altering the path of the bullet. With tungsten, it turns to powder as soon as the hammer hits it and maintains a perfect spiral as it travels through the air.

:clap: I really don't think you understand what is going on here.

So, the bullet turns into powder? That doesn't seem like a really effective weapon:

"Freeze or I'll".... {POOF}!

:clap:

tungsten is a powder metal. When it heats and spins that rapidly it turns back into a powder, spinning inside the casing in a uniform fashion, where the lead would be deformed and spinning irregularly. So at least that's what he said :mad:

He said when it hit the target, it just exploded inside the victim and had a huge exit wound. When they'd go to find the bullet though it would be gone as it had all turned to powder inside the casing.

The question I then asked was about the spiraling and what forensics thought since the bullet wouldn't be traceable. he said something about how they will have to make the casing show some of the markings from the gun or something.

Hey, I don't know everything about it, but it must be a big damn deal if they just received a contract from the fockin secret service to manufacture all their bullets :mad: :mad:

tungsten is a powder metal. When it heats and spins that rapidly it turns back into a powder, spinning inside the casing in a uniform fashion, where the lead would be deformed and spinning irregularly. So at least that's what he said :ninja:

He said when it hit the target, it just exploded inside the victim and had a huge exit wound. When they'd go to find the bullet though it would be gone as it had all turned to powder inside the casing.

The question I then asked was about the spiraling and what forensics thought since the bullet wouldn't be traceable. he said something about how they will have to make the casing show some of the markings from the gun or something.

Hey, I don't know everything about it, but it must be a big damn deal if they just received a contract from the fockin secret service to manufacture all their bullets :banana: :dunno:

Tungsten is not a a powdered metal. What you are talking about is sintered frangible bullets. Tungsten and some other metal in a powdered form, possibly tin, are pressed together at great pressure to form the bullet. This is frequently encased in the standard copper jacket to prevent premature break up. When the bullet hits a solid it will break back into the powder form. This has nothing to with accuracy. The reason that the Secret Service would be interested is that these rounds break up when they strike something hard and are not prone to ricochet or overpenetrate. This is of great interest to them as due to the nature of their jobs they may have to fire with large crowds of people around and want to reduce collateral damage.

Tungsten is not a a powdered metal. What you are talking about is sinstered frangible bullets. Tungstun and some other metal in a powdered form, possibly tin, are pressed together at great pressure to form the bullet. This is frequently encased in the standard copper jacket to prevent premature break up. When the bullet hits a solid it will break back into the powder form. This has nothing to with accuarcy. The reason that the Sercret Service would be interested is that these rounds break up when they strick something hard and are not prone to riccochet or over penatrate. This is of great interest to them as due to the nature of thier jobs they may have to fire with large crowds of people around and want to reduce collateral damage.

All that sounds good and stuff, but what he was telling me about was how more accurate these bullets were because the tungsten would not deform upon contact like the lead bullets would.

In Iraq, they called the DRTs, as he was telling a story about how a sniper was picking guys off from a mile away, and his CO or whoever was next to him was saying he couldnt see that far in the binoclars to see if they hit the target. The sniper said, "sir, he's dead right there" or some crap like that and the name DRT was derived.

They couldnt market them as "dead right there's", so they used the initials and came up with Dynamic Research Technology or some sh!t like that. Keep your eye out for 'em cause it won't be long before the mandrelle sisters will be doing infomercials to promote the product :banana:

Alls I remember is that no matter how dumb she was, Irlene was spankalishious even b4 I knew what that tingling in my pants was. <_<

Alls I remember is that no matter how dumb she was, Irlene was spankalishious even b4 I knew what that tingling in my pants was. :ninja:

it's irlene and louise that will be the promoters, she's a friend of his as well.

it's irlene and louise that will be the promoters, she's a friend of his as well.

Louise and Irlene were both available? :ninja:

I suspect those bullets are being used by Israeli troops.

The weapon is new and in the US is still in the early stages of development. It has a carbon-fibre casing and contains fine tungsten particles rather than ordinary metal shrapnel. It causes a very powerful blast, but with a much more limited radius than other explosives.

Link