Sign in to follow this  
jsilec

Addai ...colts rb situation

well i have heard from numerous posters that addai will have the starting job after the bye week but have not seen any news on this....any indy homers care to chime in?

Addai claiming the job after the bye was purely preseason speculation at best. Dungy has not waivered from this RBBC approach at all. They have both been relatively effective. :Mr-T:

Addai claiming the job after the bye was purely presseason speculation at best. Dungy has not waivered from this RBBC approach at all. They have both been relatively effective. :dunno:

fantasy 'expert' morons running around claiming addai will take over as featured back, and going a step further to give you the exact date. I haven't seen anything in the first gew games that would cause dungy to change things. Both have been effective enough, and neither has outshined the other. Its a case of 'if it aint broke, don't try and fix it'

Colts RB Joseph Addai, who came into the NFL with a reputation as a good blocker, gets his carries, sharing with Dominic Rhodes, but also has been one of Manning's key protectors in third-down situations. Indy leads the league in third-down conversions at 58.5 percent. "Everybody wants to be 'the guy,"' Addai said. "But as long as I'm playing, I'm cool with that. You just try to take advantage of what you get."

Analysis: Addai has 269 rush yards, four less than Rhodes, but has done it on 20 less carries. He also has 13 catches for 87 yards and two total TDs. Consider Addai a No. 3 Fantasy RB on a regular basis, including vs. Washington in Week 7.

Addai seems to get more 3rd down work, which continues to bump his value up in PPR leagues.

I think the plays have gone from 80-20 Rhodes, to about 60-40, to around 50-50 right now.. One can only imagine where that's headed, but I suppose you can't be certain.

Traded him for Brees in a non-ppr league (if you had Bledsoe you'd understand). I never played him with Ronnie and SJax as my starters, now I have to rely on Jordan, Morris and Washington to get through the byes.

I haven't seen anything in the first gew games

RACIST :P