Sign in to follow this  
yankmccobb

K. Jones ahead of Tiki in rankings?

I can't imagine that an injured K. Jones (probable: hip) is more valuable than Tiki.......

I call BS on this one.

It's week #7 of the 2006 NFL season (not 2005), you may want to start thinking that way and adjust your projections accordingly as we wait for Tiki's first touchdown...........

It's week #7 of the 2006 NFL season (not 2005), you may want to start thinking that way and adjust your projections accordingly as we wait for Tiki's first touchdown...........

Please. Tiki is also leading the league in rushing and is a FAR better receiver. He's also on a far better offense. Tiki will have more TDs than Jones by years end.

• Tiki is a FAR better receiver
  • He's also on a far better offense
  • Tiki will have more TDs than Jones by years end.

Trifecta!

Do not confuse FF with RL.

• Targets: Tiki 22, KJ 31
  • true, but Tiki is but one component of six, KJ one of two
  • yeah right, because the G men have so few RZ options, and KJ comes out....oh that's right, never.

Has Tiki outscored KJ in every week that the two have played in the same week since joining the NFL?

Trifecta!

Do not confuse FF with RL.

• Targets: Tiki 22, KJ 31
  • true, but Tiki is but one component of six, KJ one of two
  • yeah right, because the G men have so few RZ options, and KJ comes out....oh that's right, never.

1) Are you suggesting you believe Jones will have more receiving targets or yardage by years end? I don't think so. And if you are going to pull up stats to date, you might want to mention the fact that Tiki has had his bye week and Jones hasn't!

2) Tiki is a HUGE part of the Giants offense and the other components also make it harder to focus on him. Jones would do better to have more weapons in that offense.

3) Tiki will get his. Bank on it.

Tiki has always been a slow starter who gains momentum as the season goes on. He's starting to hit his stride. I love how people always overreact after 5 games or so.

1) Are you suggesting you believe Jones will have more receiving targets or yardage by years end? I don't think so. And if you are going to pull up stats to date, you might want to mention the fact that Tiki has had his bye week and Jones hasn't!

2) Tiki is a HUGE part of the Giants offense and the other components also make it harder to focus on him. Jones would do better to have more weapons in that offense.

Tiki has always been a slow starter who gains momentum as the season goes on. He's starting to hit his stride. I love how people always overreact after 5 games or so.

So, because of this, it is utterly inconceivable that KJ would put up more FF points THIS WEEK (NOT BY YEAR'S END) against the Jets than Tiki will against Dallas as the OP suggests?

So, because of this, it is utterly inconceivable that KJ would put up more FF points THIS WEEK (NOT BY YEAR'S END) against the Jets than Tiki will against Dallas as the OP suggests?

Please try and follow along. My first response was to the guy who ripped Tiki for no TDs, and then this was a DIRECT RESPONSE -point by point- to the poster who replied to mine. If you are going to rip my post, please try and get the context right first. That's why people include the replies in their post.

Thank you.

Tiki has always been a slow starter who gains momentum as the season goes on.

1) More targets? Yes, but probably not more yards. Also, sorry to confuse your mind. 5.17>>4.4

2) Good points.

3) We shall see.

BTW, Tiki had 4 TDs in the first four games last year.

In 2004 Barber had 4 TDs in the first five games.

Nice try.

The Jets are giving up the most rush yds in the league right now. KJ put up a real solid game last week against BUF who were, if not far better against the run, at least decent. KJ also did this with three new starters on the O-line. I was concerned that situation would hurt him badly but it appeared they did a pretty good job of opening holes against an average D. The Jets have stunk, bad against the run. Throw in 3-5 receptions out of the backfield and KJ should put up nice numbers this week. I think Tiki will also but I see KJ with more TD's at season's end than Tiki. if Tiki doesn't take it in from outside the ten he won't, most likely, see the end zone. Just my two cents.

Please try and follow along. My first response was to the guy who ripped Tiki for no TDs, and then this was a DIRECT RESPONSE -point by point- to the poster who replied to mine. If you are going to rip my post, please try and get the context right first. That's why people include the replies in their post.

Thank you.

You're Welcome.

Who's ripping your post? I'm asking you a question which you failed to answer.

Oops, the Jets are actually 2nd in rush yds allowed behind TEN. Still bad. They are tops in total yds allowed, barely over Tennesse and the Niners. I'll take that matchup for KJ anyday.

By the numbers:

Yardage

KJ - 99.5 yards per game avg = 9.95 points per game

Tiki - 144.6 ypg = 14.46 ppg

TD's

KJ .67 TD's per game avg = 4.02 ppg

Tiki - 0 TD's

PPR

Tiki = 4.4 rec a game.

KJ = 5.17 rec a game

Total AVG Score Difference:

Non PPR

KJ - 13.97

Tiki - 14.46

PPR

KJ - 19.14

Tiki - 18.86

KJ's match-up >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tiki's match-up

One more thing...

Only Common Opponent - SEA

KJ - 80 Yards (5 rec)

Tiki - 78 Yards (4 rec)

Not saying that it is anythign certain, and I would not bet on it... but there is no reason to rip it either. The two are very close in most scoring formats... except TD only of course.

Tiki was the 3rd highest scoring RB last week in my scoring format, just ahead of K Jones. Going into the game, Atlanta had one of the toughest rushing defenses, but now they are middle of the pack due to Tiki's unbelievable performace. Plus, I heard he had a TD called back or overturned.

Even with Dallas currently ranked #1 against the run, I'm starting him and think he will have a great day. Unless you are in a TD only league, I don't think you want to bench Tiki this week or any other unless he's injured. I speak from experience last week (damn Julius Jones and his great matchup with Houston). :D

1) More targets? Yes, but probably not more yards. Also, sorry to confuse your mind. 5.17>>4.4

In 2004 Barber had 4 TDs in the first five games.

Nice try.

First off, you said targets (when you meant receptions). Second, I never said Tiki was averaging more receptions per game (UGGGGHH - don't put words in my mouth). I pointed this out because it was an obvious flaw in the stats YOU posted.

So your argument is essentially, let's bring up the reception stats because they favor Jones but are inflated by his having an extra game and leave that important fact out, and avoid the yardage part completly because they don't favor Jones at all. You apologize for "confusing" my mind, but I think it's pretty clear the only "confusion" coming from your posts has been the deliberate intent to obscure the facts to your point.

But none of this really matters anyway unless we have a strong conviction that the results we've seen in this somewhat limited sample will hold on the season. But considering that you are clearly such a math wiz, this is something I'm quite certain you already realize.

You're Welcome.

Who's ripping your post? I'm asking you a question which you failed to answer.

Well, in actuality, I think Jones is a good back who may very well outscore Tiki this week. I got wrapped into the thread after responding to a poster who was overreacting to Tiki's not having scored a TD this season.

This argument is silly...both are solid RBs right now. Who cares where they are ranked? Those of us that own KJ are loving his production right now! Tiki owners I'm sure are happy too.

Tiki is the safer play right now but the way KJ is playing he is gaining ground on him quickly. Good thread though...we have these same arguments in my league all the time.

By the numbers:

Yardage

KJ - 99.5 yards per game avg = 9.95 points per game

Tiki - 144.6 ypg = 14.46 ppg

TD's

KJ .67 TD's per game avg = 4.02 ppg

Tiki - 0 TD's

PPR

Tiki = 4.4 rec a game.

KJ = 5.17 rec a game

Total AVG Score Difference:

Non PPR

KJ - 13.97

Tiki - 14.46

PPR

KJ - 19.14

Tiki - 18.86

KJ's match-up >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tiki's match-up

One more thing...

Only Common Opponent - SEA

KJ - 80 Yards (5 rec)

Tiki - 78 Yards (4 rec)

Not saying that it is anythign certain, and I would not bet on it... but there is no reason to rip it either. The two are very close in most scoring formats... except TD only of course.

This post should be the end of the thread.

Kevin Jones, RB, Detroit: Well, he can't do any worse than Rex Grossman, right? Last week against Buffalo, Jones had his first 100-yard rushing game since 2004 when he had 23 carries for 127 yards and a touchdown. He also added three catches for 36 yards. Jones finally appears to be grasping offensive coordinator Mike Martz's offense, which should help the rest of the season. This week, Jones gets the New York Jets, who are 28th in run defense and have allowed a league-high 12 rushing touchdowns. Already this year, Willis McGahee, Fred Taylor and Ronnie Brown have rushed for over 100 yards against the Jets

Kevin Jones, RB, Detroit: Well, he can't do any worse than Rex Grossman, right? Last week against Buffalo, Jones had his first 100-yard rushing game since 2004 when he had 23 carries for 127 yards and a touchdown. He also added three catches for 36 yards. Jones finally appears to be grasping offensive coordinator Mike Martz's offense, which should help the rest of the season. This week, Jones gets the New York Jets, who are 28th in run defense and have allowed a league-high 12 rushing touchdowns. Already this year, Willis McGahee, Fred Taylor and Ronnie Brown have rushed for over 100 yards against the Jets

That is verbatim what Jamey Eisenberg posted on Sportsline. Did you just cut and paste that? Nice analysis tho. :blink:

That is verbatim what Jamey Eisenberg posted on Sportsline. Did you just cut and paste that? Nice analysis tho. :blink:

yup, its from Cbs sportsline.