Sign in to follow this  
Patriotsfatboy1

Mets / Cards

Wow, I can't believe the Mets lost. Thought they were going to at least rally back in the 9th.

There had to be at least 40 heart attacks in Shea Stadium when Beltran was caught looking.

OK - Truce. I like your sense of humor, my big boned buddy.

And....no, not a Mets fan. Couldn't care less about the Mets.

Also, I'll be in Boston this weekend.

:doublethumbsup:

Can you at least leave the city standing when you leave? <_<

in july, i said the brewers should acquire oliver perez from the pirates...

he had struggled..lost confidence and the pirates were tired of him...

it was a good acquisition by the mets..he pitched well today and earned a gig for next year...

(i wonder if kris benson couldve been used at all this post season?...i guess they DID get jorge julio for him :doh: so anna likes to wear a mrs claus outfit.. big deal..it isnt worth dealing a #5 starter for...)

wainwright was throwing some nasty breaking balls at the end..sometimes it helps to get a lil rain..enough to grip the ball and rip it..those were knee bucklers (though beltran needed to shorten it and protect with 2 strikes..oh well..)

What a great series. 6 of the 7 games were nail-biters. Chavez' catch was spectacular. How big was it that Suppan was able to wriggle out of trouble in the bottom of that inning after Chavez' catch? Men on second and third, one out, and he got out of the inning with a K and fly out. Usually after a great play like that, all the momentum swings to that team. Suppan getting out unscathed changed the complexion of the game, and allowed the Cards to have a chance.

Again, great series!