Sign in to follow this  
Brady12MVP

Is this cheating/league fixing?

A team trades Marvin Harrison and Jamal Lewis to the best team in the league for Fred Taylor and Jay Feely, excuse being Robbie Gould was on a buy and he needed a kicker. Our league commsion approved this and a bunch of other bogus trades.

It's not bad enough to be cheating. Fred Taylor is pretty underrated and Jamal Lewis is a little overrated.

So Marvin Harrison for a kicker doesn't raise an eyebrow?

:banana:

Essentially it's Fred Taylor for Harrison

and

Jamal Lewis for Jay Feely.

I woudl be pissed too, but it is not clear collusion IMO. It is one very good reason in my book why collusion should not be the rule in trading. We'd vote this down in our league for sure just becasue we think someone is getting screwed.

A team trades Marvin Harrison and Jamal Lewis to the best team in the league for Fred Taylor and Jay Feely, excuse being Robbie Gould was on a buy and he needed a kicker. Our league commsion approved this and a bunch of other bogus trades.

Collusion/cheating is such a strong term.

I think people have the right to be ill-informed and stupid.

That being said, lets take a closer look at this:

I agree with a previous poster that this trade, at its heart, is Harrison for Taylor. Not knowing what the other roster spots are, Jamal Lewis is not very valuable, IMO.

Harrison has been underperforming so far and try as we might, he is NOT the best WR on IND anymore. He faces a tough Defense sched for WRs coming up, with only BUF in WK10 offering any soft opponent. AND, IND may be resting players during FF Playoffs.

Jamal Lewis has a soft sched as well (CIN twice, TEN once), but with both M Smith and M Anderson (and injuries) he is not going to be a dominant factor, IMO.

Taylor has a VERY easy scheduele coming up: After PHI, its TEN & HOU (VERY favorable), then NYG (without Arrington), then more marshmallows - BUF, MIA (tough), IND (who could be playoff bound by then and resting - see above), TEN again in Wk15 (Playoff Week) and then NE.

Feely is flotsam/jetsom but he will get his share of FGss/PATs

I think an argument can be made the 1st place team hurt itself for the Playoff run and the other team got a good RB with a favorable sched - giving it a chance to win.

What? Robbie Gould was shopping? Huh?

This seems a bit far fetched...do you mind sharing the other "bogus trades" so we can see if there is a trend?

No issue with this trade.... One sided yes, but the guy that got Harrison did the work to get the trade done so he deserves it. NO VETOES

If one of those teams is involved in every "bogus trade", then it's definitely NOT coincidence and the league could be fixed. Esepcially if its a money league.

lopsided trade but I can understand doing this trade. maybe the guy has a lot of good wide receivers. I just gave up Chester taylor to a team for chris chambers. I knew I was giving up a ton but needed a wide receiver. I have t. bell, R. brown, t. jones, c portis and McCallister. So I offered taylor up because I was loaded, needed a wr, and was banking on chambers turning it around. After one week I've been wrong but I would have been pissed if I the trade got vetoed even though it was lopsided

If one of those teams is involved in every "bogus trade", then it's definitely NOT coincidence and the league could be fixed. Esepcially if its a money league.

I call it bs especially when the guy who takes Feely and Taylor sits them both on the bench and he has nothing at WR.

Can't believe no one yet mentioned that Gould is not on a "buy" or a bye for that matter. (What are our schools teaching these days?) As a long time Commish, this is a no-brainer VETO. :D

Definitely lopsided, but I wouldn't call it cheating without other evidence. I have seen worse, unfortunately.

Harrison will be sitting during the FF playoffs, and Freddie has a sweet schedule. Not a great trade, but could pay off huge. Plus he gets a needed bye week replacement. lewis is garbage FF-wise.

In lieu of any other infomation,, I repeat: This trade is not vetoable! You did not post both teams AND you insinuate that there were several other 'Bogus" trades that should have been vetoed, without posting them either. I think you are just a whiner about any trade that doesn't involve you.

Put up or shut up. Lets see those other 'bogus' trades, because this one, by itself, is an ok trade.

I think you are just a whiner about any trade that doesn't involve you.

We really need to work on getting you to open up and tell us how you really feel.

:pointstosky:

Can't believe no one yet mentioned that Gould is not on a "buy" or a bye for that matter. (What are our schools teaching these days?) As a long time Commish, this is a no-brainer VETO. :pointstosky:

1. He is probably complaining here about a trade that was made LAST week.

2. Without knowledge of the reasoning behind this trade, how can you veto it? Do you veto any trade that looks remotely unfair to you. As another long time commish.........I'm inclined to believe that his commish gave him logical reasons why he approve the traded and that the poster probablly is a big whiner. That is usually the case with these type of trades that are not perfectly fair. He shows us nothing to back up any assertion of other 'bogus' trades, especially involving the same two teams.

1. He is probably complaining here about a trade that was made LAST week.

2. Without knowledge of the reasoning behind this trade, how can you veto it? Do you veto any trade that looks remotely unfair to you. As another long time commish.........I'm inclined to believe that his commish gave him logical reasons why he approve the traded and that the poster probablly is a big whiner. That is usually the case with these type of trades that are not perfectly fair. He shows us nothing to back up any assertion of other 'bogus' trades, especially involving the same two teams.

The guy who traded Harrison has no WR's, none. He dropped Hines Ward, traded Marvin Harrison. At RB he has Gore, Parker, Lewis, and no other big names. He took both players he traded for and put them on the bench.

The team that is getting stacked just made a trade from his own son giving Matt Hasselbeck for Peyton Manning. Plus he just took the beformentioned trade of Harrison and Lewis for Feely and Taylor. He then took Lewis and traded him to his son for E James.

His lineup consists of

Manning

J. Jones

S. Jackson

E. James

T. Henry

M. Harrison

T. Holt

R. Wayne

T. Gonzalez

Phili TE

Ravens D

Call it whining but I call it team stacking especially when the teams doing the trading are friends and relation with 1-6 records. This is my final year in the league and I thought of the guys as friends and they take your $50.

The added info of an injured Hasselbeck for Peyton deal, and a worthless Jamal for a semi-worthless Edge, it is starting to smell of foul play... the Peyton deal in particular. Especially the part about trading with his son!

Punch his son in the face. That's the simple solution.

Your earlier post was just a rant about a somewhat unbalanced trade, that in itself does not justify a veto and a statement the the commish had approved 'other bogus trades'.

Of course if you suspect intentional stacking (and based on your new information, you may be right) of course you should not join that league next year. But did you have a serious rational discussion with the commishioner (without the rant)? And if you thought these people were your friends and then invited you into the league to intentionally trying to screw you out of $50, maybe you have bigger problems than fantasy football - like life and reality and being able to figure out who your friends really are. Friends don't let friends drive drunk, nor do they conspire to screw their friends out of $50. IMO there is still more to the story here than what you are telling.