Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Lamont Jordan is...

the second lowest scorer on my entire fantasy team. Only Bryant Johnson has fewer points, and it is close. Backup kickers, defenses, 2nd string RBs, all have more.

Dear lord he sucks. :ninja:

I don't know if he SUCKS per say....he actually looked good last night and is averaging 4 yrds per carry....

But the RAIDERS....O MY...the raiders are an absolute joke of a team...

You know there bad when about 5 minuntes into the game they start talking about the record for sacks given up in a game...LOL

My #1 Runningback now... :ninja: :( :pointstosky:

--------------------

Brady

Jordan/McGahee/Alexander/Wali/Barlow

Jennings/Stallworth/Colston/Bruce/Furrey/E.Parker/C. Jackson/Williamson

Graham

Ravens

12 Team/PPR/Redraft

Lol, coming into the season people on this board would have been accusing you of playing in a 4 team league with that roster.

I don't understand the Raider's coaches at all. Mid-way through the game they gave the ball to Jordan a few times. I think after 5 carries he was averaging around 9 yards a carry. Now the weather is terrible, you have (basically) a rookie QB with 3 TD's and 9 INT's, and an offensive line that can't pass-block. So what do you do? Keep passing, obviously. :mad:

I can't understand why Jordan didn't get 30 carries last night. He looked healthy and had some great runs. I can't imagine how tough it must be to play for that team. The coaching staff is the most inept I've ever seen.

Sad thing is that Shell will probably be back next year. The shots of him on the sideline were comical. He just looked lost. Didn't yell at anyone, didn't talk to the players. Just stood there with a stunned look on his face. This is the worst offence I've ever seen. And it's not the player's fault. There's talent there. With a decent game plan, they could be competitive.

Glad I'm not a Raider's fan.

Its not like they were down by a ton either. 9 carries over the course of the game, ouch. Glad I took Westbrook over him. This could have been a painful year.

Its not like they were down by a ton either. 9 carries over the course of the game, ouch. Glad I took Westbrook over him. This could have been a painful year.

But from the way they played, you would have thought they were down by 50+. I don't get it either. It was embarassing as even a Raider hater to watch. Shell has no clue, and the shots of him on the sideline were laughable. I actually thought they'd get Jordan going in the 2nd half, he looked pretty good IMO, but that was short-lived.

Regarding Fantasy - You have to hold onto Jordan and hope that if you make the playoffs he steps up. His schedule is not too difficult with a few easy games and his talent is not the question and you have to hope for his health.

The Raiders should fire their entire coaching staff. An Offensive Lineman needs to get cut.

Lamont Jordan is still a quality football player. Randy Moss still has incredible potential. Robert Gallery is a physical specimen. THEY ARE ALL AWFUL UNDER SHELL!

And then to end it with a knee to the nads? That's what Shell's Raiders are about?

Not a Raiders fan, not fans of the fans, not a Moss fan, and not a Gallery fan. Don't even like saying nice things about them but at this point the team is so bad I have to blame the coaches.

It isn't Lamont Jordan's fault that he only got 9 carries last night. He averaged 7 yards a carry when he did get the ball.

Agree with everyone on this one: Awful coaching....nothing Lamont can do about that.

It would also help if their very well paid wide receiver, could catch a ball. I mean go ahead and sit on the bench with your I don't give a fock body language, but when the ball comes your way catch the damn thing.

on the flip side......how friggin good is the Raider D.

The 2 oldest starters are 28 and 33.

Defensive Coordinator Rob Ryan in hes 3rd season is doing a top noatch job. He came out of Belichicks school for coaches.

The D has kept them close in every game.

God they should have just demoted Norv Turner to Off. Coordinator.

Tom Walsh is a joke. The playes hate the system and it shows with all the mental errors.

I say move Walsh but give Shell more time.

oh this is a Jordon thread........all i can say is what a freak, you see him on the sideline a few weeks ago after the fumble...look like hes Mom just died.

My condolences to your FF team if you drafted him in the first round. :lol:

Those who watched that game know that Jordan was NOT the problem.

Robert Gallery, the guy that was said to be "born to be a Raider" due to his attitude, toughness and style, may well be one of the biggest busts ever. I put him right up there with Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith. He is "the turnstyle", allowing a near record 9 sacks against the Seahawks pass rush.

And part of that is on Walsh and his unimaginative playcalling. When you don't even bother trying to rush the ball, why do anything but blitz like hell?

When they gave Jordan the ball, he produced. At one point they gave him 3 straight carries and Jordan broke one for 25+ yds, while the others went for 3-5 yds. Had they done that from the beginning, they may well have won that game.

The Raiders D looked great, and I was absolutely impressed that it wasn't a blowout. Seahawks had 8 consecutive posessions where they failed to gain 20 yards, including a critical 3rd down sack of Wallace which took them out of FG range. THAT was impressive.

Jordan looked every bit as good as he did last year though when given the opportunity - good burst, hit the holes hard, took it to the outside, kept going after initial contact...but Jordan can't do anything about screens thrown a yard behind him, nor can he do anything to help block for himself. The one big run was the result of a Randy Moss block.

Speaking of which, maybe butterfingers should wear some focking gloves or something, eh? Ya think if Moss had made just one of those downfield receptions, Jordan coulda busted one to the end zone? I sure do. And it would have kept a little of the pressure off.

From here it looks like the following are the Raiders worst issues:

1. O-Line play and their "open door policy".

2. Walter's inability to make quick decisions and find the open man/over or underthrowing his receivers (like Courtney Anderson WIDE OPEN for a 40+ yard gain where the ball sailed 10 yds over his head)

3. Moss' inability to catch the balls that hit him on the hands (in the 3rd quarter he had 10 targets, 3 receptions, 5 drops)

Get those things in line and the Raiders win a few more games this year. Hard to fix Gallery though - he's been played at every position on the line and he sucks at all of them. Verdict: BUST!

My condolences to your FF team if you drafted him in the first round. :)

My league is a keeper league; I kept him and Ronnie Brown, who is doing OK. We lose a draft round for each player kept, so yeah, it is like a 1st or 2nd. Thing is I can't drop him because there aren't any good options on the wire, and somebody would snatch him up and sit him at the end of their bench in case he has any keeper value next year. Which is my current plan. :(

Haha...I got him 2nd rd thought he was a steal...still have him...hoping he doesnt get another "back" problem down the stretch. He is impossible to trade...good post here everyone!

...the newest addition to my team. Traded Bush and Glenn for Jordan and Feely. I'm struggling at RB and stacked at WR (Holt, Walker, Moss), I was going to drop Glenn anyway because of my leagues tight roster restrictions on WRs and RBs (max of 4 per team).

Jordan has a real soft schedule during weeks 15-17 (leagues playoffs) and the team has to get better when Brooks returns, right? Oh damn I'm fooling myself - Shell has to get canned.

I am REALLY glad I went RB, RB, RB after getting SA and Lamont in the 1st 2 then snagged Ronnie Brown in the 3rd ( thank you to all who took QB's in the 1st 2 rounds (2nd pick in 2nd round (7 of the 8) was Brady, Payton in the 1st, then everyone jumped the QB rush!! :rolleyes: )