Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Boston Geeks - New Stadium

Are they building a new stadium next to Gillette Stadium? What for? It looks like a giant horseshoe with two big-axx doors that could swing shut to close the field. I don't know if that's just for construction, or if they've got some fancy-axx plan for that.

KC Geeks: Did they ever pass the referendum on that giant cover on rails plan?

Foxboro.

For soccer and concerts and that kind of stuff?

The stadium improvements passed, but the rolling roof (a seperate referendum) failed.

The stadium will look sweet once completed, the entire outer shell will be expanded out and you will basically be "inside" when you are in line at the concessions and bathrooms, the only time you will be outside again will be when you get out to the stadium area.

The roof however failed, the fans just didnt want the possibility of games being under cover during inclement weather. The Arrowhead Brass were pushing it just to get a SB, and they still would like to see it done.

I wouldn't mind it if they wouldnt cover any of the Chiefs games just for rain, but I think it'd be cool to go down and watch the Royals when it was raining...

here's some more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrowhead_Sta...re_of_Arrowhead

Are they building a new stadium next to Gillette Stadium? What for? It looks like a giant horseshoe with two big-axx doors that could swing shut to close the field. I don't know if that's just for construction, or if they've got some fancy-axx plan for that.

KC Geeks: Did they ever pass the referendum on that giant cover on rails plan?

In Foxboro, I think that they are putting in a hotel next to the stadium. That is probably what you are looking at.

In Foxboro, I think that they are putting in a hotel next to the stadium. That is probably what you are looking at.

maybe that too!

Thanks. Wish I could post a google earth link. Not having much luck on the 'net trying to figure out what I'm seeing.

Also - What's the name of that lake next to (due east) of the two stadiums? (Home of bear island). Looks like theres' some rough water in there!

Thanks. Wish I could post a google earth link. Not having much luck on the 'net trying to figure out what I'm seeing.

Also - What's the name of that lake next to (due east) of the two stadiums? (Home of bear island). Looks like theres' some rough water in there!

kc or ne?

Wouldn't help, Google Earth is not real time. It dates back to images taken in about 2001. Regardless, I'll be at the Pats Sunday, I'll check it out and if its another stadium, I'll get back to you. If it's a horseshoe with an ax? I'll be really confused and stand there not knowing what to do.