Sign in to follow this  
shaabyi

Benching Andre Johnson!

I hate to bench the top WR in yards, but Jags are stingy at home and have not let up against an QB at home this year. Carr should be no different.

Luckily I have TJ Housh and Plaxico as my two WR's. I hate to play Plaxico and his mouth against the Bears, but it is still better than Andre's matchup.

ANybody else having to bench Andre this week?

SHaabyi

I hate to bench the top WR in yards, but Jags are stingy at home and have not let up against an QB at home this year. Carr should be no different.

Luckily I have TJ Housh and Plaxico as my two WR's. I hate to play Plaxico and his mouth against the Bears, but it is still better than Andre's matchup.

ANybody else having to bench Andre this week?

SHaabyi

Are you joking? You absolutely cannot bench Andre this week. He leads the NFL in recieving. You can't sit your studs. Do you recall when the Texans faced the Jags in week 7? Johnson had 8 catches, 106 yards and a TD. Why would you sit a guy like him? Especially since he's the team's only offensive threat. He's on my team, I'm starting him. Enough said.

I'm starting him too.. but then again - my only bencher is either J. Horn or M. Furrey. But, I'm putting a lot of stock in Andre pulling his weight this week.. i need points, and he better give 'em to me! :dunno:

Are you joking? You absolutely cannot bench Andre this week. He leads the NFL in recieving. You can't sit your studs. Do you recall when the Texans faced the Jags in week 7? Johnson had 8 catches, 106 yards and a TD. Why would you sit a guy like him? Especially since he's the team's only offensive threat. He's on my team, I'm starting him. Enough said.

THat is true, but they played in Houston and Jags play different at home. PLus I agree he is the teams only threat so jags def will be duck taped to him all game. Jags at home are like shut down mode. Trust me I would love to play him also, but would you play him over Plaxico and TJ Housh this week. That is just to tough to swallow.

Shaabyi

I am benching Johnson also. Of course, I will be playing Steve Smith and Roy Williams. Smith NEVER sits and Williams is playing San Fran, which is too good to pass up.

I'm debating sitting Johnson for the first time all season as well. I have Colston and Wayne to choose from and with his match-up I think I might go with one of those two.

Andre is pretty much the hottest wr in the league right now, I don't care who he's playing - he's in my lineup. over analyzing situations can only cause problems(i benched colston against Baltimore, HUGE mistake)

I hate to hijack the thread, but instead of starting a new 'Dre Johnson thread...

What has led to his renaissance this year? He was a bust last year and he's completely turned it around this season. I don't/didn't follow him too closely, and I figured he'd have slightly better numbers this year, but what's the reason behind his reemergence?

I hate to hijack the thread, but instead of starting a new 'Dre Johnson thread...

What has led to his renaissance this year? He was a bust last year and he's completely turned it around this season. I don't/didn't follow him too closely, and I figured he'd have slightly better numbers this year, but what's the reason behind his reemergence?

I think its a combo of a few things. Most importantly he's stayed healthy. But Carr is also progressing into a semi decent QB and the offensive line, though horrible, is better than it was last year. Having Moulds on the other side could help out as well.

Andre's been one of the most consistent fantasy WR's in the league. Plax has a bad back and is going up against a great defence that he bad-mouthed this week. And you're starting Plax? :wacko:

You know what's coming.... Can I be in your league next year?

hey you know what happen a couple weeks back when we all bench M Colston

:first: :dunno: :P

Andre's been one of the most consistent fantasy WR's in the league. Plax has a bad back and is going up against a great defence that he bad-mouthed this week. And you're starting Plax? :blink:

You know what's coming.... Can I be in your league next year?

I would definitely sit Plax if I were you! My situation is a little trickier with Andre, Colston & Driver (he absolutely owns the Queens). Right now I'm sitting DD, but I have a day and a half to think about it! I could start one at flex, but I'd have to sit SJax (no freakin way), Portis ( :dunno: ) or Dunn (should run all over Brownies). That's one of the problems with having a GREAT team! :dunno:

AJ's riding the bench for me as well this week. Roy "greatest team of all time" Williams is a go as is Donte "eat my hamstring" Stallworth.

I am benching Andre in favor of Holt and Colston. I cant justify putting Andre in over those two.