Sign in to follow this  
Ravens 03

Heading to Cocoa Beach, FL for Thanksgiving

Looking for hints for stuff to do. Besides drink & hang at the pool.

Heard there is a weekly bikini contest at Coconuts Bar. :thumbsdown:

And Bert/Burt [which ever one is the weatherman] - What's the weather forcast?? :mad:

Don't be a tourist! Don't go to Ron Jons. :banana:

Get your Grandpa to take out his boat and go fish the main bridges in the Banana River. With live shrimp, you'll catch more trout than you can shake a stick at. Beyond that, there ain't much reason to be in Cocoa.

Nope.. never been there, but the name and thought of it reminds me of this song:

"Aruba, Jamaica - oooh I wanna take you

to Bermuda, Bahama - come on pretty mama...

Key Largo, Montego - Baby why don't we go

down to Kokomo... we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow

Thaaats where we wanna go....

Way down to Kokomo."

:lol:

Sounds like fun! :headbanger:

Get your Grandpa to take out his boat and go fish the main bridges in the Banana River. With live shrimp, you'll catch more trout than you can shake a stick at. Beyond that, there ain't much reason to be in Cocoa.

I'm not visiting my Grandpa. :dunno:

Sunshine & R&R. :thumbsup:

Don't know the area really well, but my bro lives in Jacksonville, and if you like to fish you can drive a little south and charter a boat off of Port St. Lucie. The gulf stream is close to the shore there and moves out east fast, so it is not nearly as good farther north. We caught several mahi, a kingfish, and a sailfish. :banana:

Cocoa is cool. Recent vists were just beach visits while at Disney. Did the Ron Jon thing when I was 16. The McDonalds is decent.

I live very close by, near Orlando.

You are very close to the attractions, i.e. Disney, Universal (which I recommend over Disney) and International Drive which is essentially a tourist trap but does have some interesting venues, most notably a water park which will be close when you get down here. Cape Canaveral is also close by. There is a shuttle launch scheduled for a few weeks from now, a night launch (those are really cool) but you'll probably be gone by the time it happens as I have grown accustomed to expecting multiple launch delays when it comes to the shuttle.

I'm heading up to hang with the family in AL next Wednesday - early Friday. If you're still here after that shoot me an e-mail.