Sign in to follow this  
A Dido Brother

Bryant Gumbel

Guest JahRasta311

Wayne Brady makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X

I was expecting bad tonight...however, Gumbel is brutal. Collinsworth is definitely earning his money tonight. I can't imagine how Gumbel impressed NFL Network enough to let him do this...he isn't setting up Collinsworth for anything, he's doing this game like it's on the radio.

i never complain about the play by play call...but Gumbel is bad...hes putting me too sleep....

Or maybe i just ate too much turkey....

Gumball said....."Word on Meadows is a hamstring injury and his return is DEBATEABLE"

WTF is that?????????????? I've heard Probable, questionable, doubtful but never debateable. I know it's a synonym but come on.

Are the coaches and trainers debating with each other? Is there a debate club that goes at it for his return? Is there a mediator?

This guy is awful and embarrassing.

Guest JahRasta311

Gumball said....."Word on Meadows is a hamstring injury and his return is DEBATEABLE"

WTF is that?????????????? I've heard Probable, questionable, doubtful but never debateable. I know it's a synonym but come on.

Are the coaches and trainers debating with each other? Is there a debate club that goes at it for his return? Is there a mediator?

This guy is awful and embarrassing.

yea, he turned a 3rd and 2 into 3rd and 3...guess he likes to say things in pairs?

Debatable.........yeah that was where I looked up at the ceiling, laughed a little, wondered why the NFL Network allowed this guy to do the game, and said "did he say that?" Jumped into bed to go to sleep. Debatable.....like it was time for the northeastern primaries or something. I couldn't complain anymore about his whiny voice and his dry play-by-play, so it was just time to go to sleep. Turned the TV down just for cause and effect.

I know Gumbel isn't the best but overall they were better than the Monday Night clowns

Gumble in my opinion is the WORST commentator ever! He couldn't even keep track of what down it was! This tool is a joke for a commentator. Plus his voice makes me want to rip my ears off. But I could probably put up with that if he had even a clue as to what was going on in the game. Too many times I'd see a play of 4-5 yards and he'd say "well, it looks like he got maybe 1 yard out of that" or it'd be first down and the back would run for 1-2 yards and he'd say "well, looks like he might have picked up a first down with that run" etc.... the guy I swear must have been playing madden and commenting on the game he was playing, not the actual football game being played!

Give me Theisman anyday over this clown!

Gumble in my opinion is the WORST commentator ever! He couldn't even keep track of what down it was! This tool is a joke for a commentator. Plus his voice makes me want to rip my ears off. But I could probably put up with that if he had even a clue as to what was going on in the game. Too many times I'd see a play of 4-5 yards and he'd say "well, it looks like he got maybe 1 yard out of that" or it'd be first down and the back would run for 1-2 yards and he'd say "well, looks like he might have picked up a first down with that run" etc.... the guy I swear must have been playing madden and commenting on the game he was playing, not the actual football game being played!

You got it!

He was always off on the down.....he had no idea what was going on. He also had no idea who half the players were on the field.

NFLN should let him go ASAP! :wall:

Crap, I have a feeling Theismann will be music to my ears after tonight.

I wish whoever it is giving gumbel a swift kick in the nuts before he talks would stop. :pointstosky:

I agree!!!!! Like I said in another post he sould be doing a dog show not an NFL football game. He was the most boring announcer I ever heard doing a footbal game. Bring in Keith Jackson from the old college days.

Heres an idea for the NFL Network. Rich Eisen is your best why not use him play by play instead of 5 minutes at halftime. I think Eisen would at least make the game worth listening too. Collinsworth is a tool too but he was the only saving grace of that performance Thursday.