Sign in to follow this  
hines86rules

Eli.........

all i have to say is

1) good thing i picked up Romo in the league I USED to start Eli

2) good thing i'm playing against Eli in a super tight, super important game. i was just down 5 points, eli throws 2 picks, Benjamin Watson catches a TD, i'm up 10.... SWEET!

3) it was Eli's fault.

:bench: Sure would suck to have to go to that joke of a franchise San Diego and have to hand the ball to Tomlinson and throw to Gates all the time. :doh:

The funny thing is the Giants had this game won. On 4th and 10 with 2 minutes to go the Giants defender had Young sacked but instead of driving Young to the ground he just let go of Young, I guess thinking that the refs would call Young down since he was locked up and being forced back. Instead Young runs for 15 yards and leads a TD drive. Then Eli finished it off

will the media keep making excuses for him?

That's a rhetorical question right?

of course

The funny thing is the Giants had this game won. On 4th and 10 with 2 minutes to go the Giants defender had Young sacked but instead of driving Young to the ground he just let go of Young, I guess thinking that the refs would call Young down since he was locked up and being forced back. Instead Young runs for 15 yards and leads a TD drive. Then Eli finished it off

Nice effort as well by Plax on the first Pacman interception.

The G men got what they deserved today, horrible effort all around.

I noticed that too.

I think the QB's are gonna start getting smarter about that stuff.

As the rules are now... if a DL has the QB wrapped up, all the QB has to do is fake a throw and (if the DL can't see if he really threw it) the guy HAS to let go or get hit with a 15 yard penalty.

This is something I think we'll see being exploited by QB's more and more going forward.

The same thing happened in the Pittsburgh/Cleveland game last week. They've made the QB so protected that defenders don't know what to do. Can't touch the helmet, can't tackle below the knees, can't drive the QB to the ground. Might as well make it touch football. <_<

QB LT2 > QB Eli :dunno:

What annoys me about Eli is that he was portrayed as a star before he actually achieved anything in the NFL. He's getting everything simply because he's Peyton's little brother. He may have had a decent college career, but that was college. Yet before he proved his actual worth in the NFL he's out there in commercials, he's Eli Manning and the NY Giants. He's a so so QB under a ton of pressure and he brought everything on himself. So he needs to prove he's an actual play maker or he needs to just go away.

:banana: Sure would suck to have to go to that joke of a franchise San Diego and have to hand the ball to Tomlinson and throw to Gates all the time. :rolleyes:

Touche'.

The Giants made a decision to build their team around him. So did I this year (at QB, at least). It's going to be easier for me to get rid of Eli than it will be for the Giants.

Manning has no emotion...just that stupid "ah man" look. It is the same look every time. How can he possibly be a team leader!! The giants are done. Can't wait to see all the interviews with Shockey, tiki. etc

Can't wait to hear the callers on WFAN tomorrow in NY!!!

you should hear them tonight....

i dont know why i can pick it here in gb despite the rain and fog..maybe the football Gods want me to enjoy it...

people are just about calling for the fat quarterback now...they arent saying it but they are hinting at it... you dont make that throw with a tie game under a minute...

you should hear them tonight....

i dont know why i can pick it here in gb despite the rain and fog..maybe the football Gods want me to enjoy it...

people are just about calling for the fat quarterback now...they arent saying it but they are hinting at it... you dont make that throw with a tie game under a minute...

You get the FAN in Green Bay? I'm in freakin' northern CT and barely get it some nights!!! But I will make sure i'm within range for Mike and the Maddog tomorrow at 1.

You get the FAN in Green Bay? I'm in freakin' northern CT and barely get it some nights!!! But I will make sure i'm within range for Mike and the Maddog tomorrow at 1.

I listen to it online all day and Mike and the Maddog are sure to come out swinging tomorrow.

im a long time radio nerd :banana: my friends hate static..they always say, it isnt coming in..(it isnt satellite radio! )it isnt perfect, but about 75% of the time tonight, i can hear it in that truck...i enjoyed the game highlights...

oh, and i can NEVER get that station in during the day :cheers: but at night..sometimes..i didnt expect to tonight, maybe they upped their wattage so the world can hear their bitchin..who knows..the station is all over..like a wobbly eli pass :rolleyes:

and i always listen to the maple leafs on 900am as well..

gal yelled at me..i guess u could listen on line..uh..i guess.. *doh!*...i was talking about in the car before..

Manning made some very good throws in this game. I'm not saying he's terrific--just that in the first half, he threw some darts. His team was in front by 3 TDs largely due to his play.

The guy who lost this game for the Giants is Coughlin. He went into his usual "play not to lose" mode, and as a result Manning was faced with 3rd and longs repeatedly.

What's far worse is that Coughlin criticized his players after the game. Sure, some players have bashed Coughlin, but as a coach you have to support your players. Yup, you can call it a double standard, but I believe a coach should NEVER berate his players publicly until and unless it's a necessary motivational ploy (Parcells is the master at that).

My guess is that after hearing Coughlin's post-game comments, the Giants players will say a collective "F You" to Coughlin. He's the head coach--he should've accepted at least some responsibility for the second half anemic effort and the horrible play calling. And yes, I know, had Kiwanuka kept his arms around Young instead of letting go because he was afraid of a penalty, the Giants would've won the game, but it doesn't change the facts that Coughlin chose to sit on the lead and then berate his players. He has to go.

Are you f'n serious?!? That's the exact same thing they did with Garrard last week! They had a sure sack, just had to finish the play. Instead, they "assumed" he dropped and let go...and he ran for a huge gain and a first down!

As underachieving as he has been, I still wish the Giants had a shot at Robert Gallery on draft day rather than She-li. Hell, at this point, I'll take Archie just to have the more talented Manning running the team!

Are you f'n serious?!? That's the exact same thing they did with Garrard last week! They had a sure sack, just had to finish the play. Instead, they "assumed" he dropped and let go...and he ran for a huge gain and a first down!

As underachieving as he has been, I still wish the Giants had a shot at Robert Gallery on draft day rather than She-li. Hell, at this point, I'll take Archie just to have the more talented Manning running the team!

You wish the Giants had a "shot at Robert Galloway"?? Uhm, I disagree. Galloway is the second coming of Tony Mandarich.

You wish the Giants had a "shot at Robert Galloway"?? Uhm, I disagree. Galloway is the second coming of Tony Mandarich.

Being a Raider is instant death to production. I'm not sure a front line that includes Orlando Pace, Steve Hutchinson, and Walter Jones could make them a good team.

So yes, I'd rather take pro wrestler wannabe "Robert Galloway" than She-Li Manning! Let alone a real QB like Roethlisberger or Rivers! :mad: