Sign in to follow this  
SHAK3R

So how is everyone who had the #4 pick doing?

Against my better judgement I took Tiki at #4(0) then followed it up with Fitz and Chambers then Fragile and D-Mac...ended up picking up Romo the week he replaced Drew and that has saved me to potentially do some damage in the playoffs.

Anyway, a few trades here and there and I am 7-5 looking good to make the playoffs and am about 60 points behind total points leader but WAY ahead in points against...that type of year...I am lucky to make it to 7 wins considering I almost always played someone in the top 3 in scoring each week.

Damn, I forgot I was getting close to 2000 posts...missed all the excitement.

i drafted 4th in a league, took barber <_< gore and f taylor back him, and i snagged barberIII. i drafted TO and snagged colston (3 out of 4 leagues i have him). qbs are bulger and snagged grossman early. im 6-5-1, 4th place.

in another league (my main one), guy drafted at 4 and took manning. he then proceeded to take mcgahee, harrison, wayne, and tatum bell. so, he has been riding pretty well. he also has vick, and was juiced for the back to back weeks when the qb combo went off for like 7-8tds/week. he recently was the first the snare devery henderson off the wire and get huge gains from him. he is 3rd place right now.

Took Tiki with the #4. Won nine in a row, then traded Favre and MBIII for Romo (the week before his first start) and Brandon Jacobs. Currently sitting at 11-1.

I started both Jacobs and Barber this week because KJ and Foster both got injured in the same week. Worked out well.

12-team league, owner selected Tiki, then Parker. Owner is at 8-4, and in the playoffs with a first round bye (6 teams make playoffs). He is on shaky ground with Eli, and has Anquan.

Seems like the Portis pickers are not chiming in as much on this one. I took Portis #4 (18 hours before the shoulder injury) and am tied at 9-3 with two other teams for 1st place (only one division in a 12-team league). I am #1 in Points Fared and Points Against so at this point will win any tiebreaker. Keys to my season:

1.) Gore (6th round)/Chester Taylor (3rd round)

2.) Colston off waivers

3.) I managed to fill my roster with Top 10-20 players at every position (50% draft, 50% waiver wire)

4.) IDP league...I got great defensive value through research and used the WW to improve it every week

I took Rudi then followed up with BWB, Holt, McNabb, Gore, AJ, and Cooley...Everyone else has been traded or scrapped.

1st place @ 10-2

Took Tiki at #4 in one league, 8-4 and playoff bound. I went back and forth between Tiki and S-Jax. I guess S-Jax would have been the better pick but hindsight is 20/20. Tiki at #4 was still a solid pick IMO. It's not like someone was going to take Gore (who I tried to get later on but missed on by 2 picks) there and guys like R Brown, Edge, Jordan, have'nt done any better. Westbrook was too much of an injury risk and I still don't regret passing on him.

took tiki. 5-7 and out of playoff race.

sad part is, if i had to do the draft again, i'd probably draft the same team. i love my team. they just lose

The #4 in my league took Steven Jackson, and is tied for 1st at 8-4 with the Bears D(in a D heavy league) and nice pickups like Colston, Branch and MJD. This is the first year for most of us in an 8 team league.

WOW, Thanks guys/girls for all of the responses. Seems like everyone who picked 4th is doing preatty good (for those who replied anyway) I seen a lot of 6-6 records and better. The picks werent all the same either. Which leads me to believe that its not so much your #1 pick that does everything for you its how you pick later in the rounds and the WW. (wich is obvious) But I was just curious on how everyone with the 4 pick is doing. Like I said im .500 (6-6) 1/2 game out of the playoffs. 3rd most points in the league and 1st in points against. GL to all. Also, I dont think I seen anyone but me take Manning. I cant be the only one.

SHAK3R!

The #4 in my league is 1-11.. He took P.Manning for his first round pick. Had alot of injuries on his team this year.....

In one league, Lamont Jordan went #4 - owner is in last place.

In another league, Antonio Gates (!!!) went #4 - owner is in last place.

Took Steven Jackson :banana:

I'm 8-4 :blink:

4 way tie for 2nd. :dunno:

Play 2 other 8-4 teams next 2 weeks. :wall:

Gonna be close but fun as hell!

:banana:

WOW, Thanks guys/girls for all of the responses. Seems like everyone who picked 4th is doing preatty good (for those who replied anyway) I seen a lot of 6-6 records and better. The picks werent all the same either. Which leads me to believe that its not so much your #1 pick that does everything for you its how you pick later in the rounds and the WW. (wich is obvious) But I was just curious on how everyone with the 4 pick is doing. Like I said im .500 (6-6) 1/2 game out of the playoffs. 3rd most points in the league and 1st in points against. GL to all. Also, I dont think I seen anyone but me take Manning. I cant be the only one.

SHAK3R!

Yeah, I don't know...people only like to report their success stories I think -- 4th pick is rough.

I got the #4 pick took peyton...currently fighting to get into the playoffs

took tiki at #4, but shipped him and stallworth out after week four for chester and cj. Worked out good, 6-6, #1 in total points and will make the playoffs.

Gone 4-8, drafted 11th in another and just sliding in the back door. This year I made a list of players that will never see my team again win, lose or draw and I'm trading everyone by week eight.

Took Tiki at #4 and I currently 5-7 and with a win this week I make the playoffs. I never disliked someone more than Brandon Jacobs EVER in fantasy football!!!!

If I were Tiki I would be super pissed that he does all the FOCKING work to get to the goal line and then that FOCK HEAD Jacobs comes in and scores!!!!! :( :blink: