Sign in to follow this  
santa*69

Alabama can't find a coach. Why would anyone got to SEC.

You're kidding, right? The best road win this year for Nebraska, ND, or Cal is a 4-point victory over #22 Georgia Tech. Those teams wouldn't stand a chance in the Swamp. And yeah, the Gators would have won at Arkansas when McFadden was hurting.

Ya.....ok. ND would have taken down that Yugo of an offense that plays in "The Swamp" all day long. Bottom line.........there's just not much good football being played in the state of Florida these days. :banana:

Ya.....ok. ND would have taken down that Yugo of an offense that plays in "The Swamp" all day long.

Please. The next time Notre Dame plays defense, it will be the first time.

Last time i looked the Big Ten had the #1,3,7 and 25 th teams in the BCS/country...Michigan played the #1,7,12 and 25th BCS teams this yr....not exactly a "cream puff" schedule...

Florida will lose this week and then LSU,Ark and Fla will have no arguements with 2 losses each...

You SEC punks are a true bunch of whiners. Yes, their conference is pretty tough but so are any of the other major conferences. Like the SC fan poin ted out ealier, one of your top teams was smoked by 40 plus at home by SC. I am by no means an SC apologist.

Plus last year I remember a down and out Wisconsin team whipping the crap out of your beloved Auburn, so much for SEC dominance there...right? No worries though, you can expect to be spanked just the same this year in the Cap one bowl, no matter what psudo-champ you throw at us...whether it be LSU, Fla, or Ark.

Also, you can expect to get killed in any of the other BCS bowls, unless you are playing an ACC team(close match up). I would love to see an Ark vs. Boise State match up that would shut your pie hole!!!!!

Please. The next time Notre Dame plays defense, it will be the first time.

I'd say that a 6 point win against a ONE WIN in-conference team like Vandy and a ONE POINT win AT HOME against a 3-5 in-conference team like the Gamecocks speaks volumes about Florida. ;)

You SEC punks are a true bunch of whiners. Yes, their conference is pretty tough but so are any of the other major conferences. Like the SC fan poin ted out ealier, one of your top teams was smoked by 40 plus at home by SC. I am by no means an SC apologist.

Plus last year I remember a down and out Wisconsin team whipping the crap out of your beloved Auburn, so much for SEC dominance there...right? No worries though, you can expect to be spanked just the same this year in the Cap one bowl, no matter what psudo-champ you throw at us...whether it be LSU, Fla, or Ark.

Also, you can expect to get killed in any of the other BCS bowls, unless you are playing an ACC team(close match up). I would love to see an Ark vs. Boise State match up that would shut your pie hole!!!!!

:banana: :clap: :( :headbanger: :cheers:

I'd say that a 6 point win against a ONE WIN in-conference team like Vandy and a ONE POINT win AT HOME against a 3-5 in-conference team like the Gamecocks speaks volumes about Florida. ;)

:banana: :clap: :unsure: :headbanger: :dunno:

No more than a 6 point win at home against Washington, who lost to a team that won one game all year, speaks volumes about USC, not to mention a 6 point win against crappy Washington State.

At any rate, BoltFan's liberal use of emoticons, capital letters, and large font doesn't change the fact that no one had a response to these points:

name me a better top 7 from another conference

Here is the SEC's top 8 against teams from other power conferences this year:

Florida (SEC-1) @ Florida State (ACC-T8) W 21-14

Arkansas (SEC-2) v USC (PT-1) L 50-14

LSU (SEC-T3) v Arizona (PT-7) W 45-3

Auburn (SEC-T3) v Wash St (PT-8) W 40-14

Tennessee (SEC-5) v Cal (PT-2) W 35-18

Georgia (SEC-6) v Ga Tech (ACC-2) W 15-12

Kentucky (SEC-7) @ Louisville (BE-T1) L 59-28

South Carolina (SEC-8) @ Clemson (ACC-T5) W 31-28

The only argument you can make to try to say that the SEC didn't have an overall strong showing against the other BCS conferences this year is the margin of victory in the Arkansas/USC game. But McFadden's injury played a huge part in that, plus in the other SEC vs Pac 10 games, the SEC team was as impressive if not more impressive against that team than USC was (@Arizona 20-3, @WSU 28-22, Cal 23-9).

No more than a 6 point win at home against Washington, who lost to a team that won one game all year, speaks volumes about USC, not to mention a 6 point win against crappy Washington State.

At any rate, BoltFan's liberal use of emoticons, capital letters, and large font doesn't change the fact that no one had a response to these points:

Actually, I'm sure we'd all agree, all that really matters is the results on the field and USC has show that over the last 4+ years...they are clearly the TOP FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE NATION..........HANDS DOWN! They've played top teams year in and year out, yet have only ONE loss to those "top teams" (last year to Texas in the Championship game).

Read it and weep:

Every year USC hears the same ol crap from other conferences fans, yet......the proof is in the pudding. SC put a beat down on Auburn in 2002 & 2003. Kicked the crap out of #3 ranked Iowa in the 2002 Orange Bowl, kicked the crap out of Michigan in the 2003 Rose Bowl, beat highly ranked VaTech in 2004, beat the living SH!T out of Oklahoma in the 2004 title game, hung 70 on Arkansas in 2005, and.......puts an annual beat-down on Notre Dame year after year. As for this year....Ark, Nebraska, and ND got humiliated by USC. Others conferences talk it up on message boards.......USC just beats you down on the field.

I'd say that a 6 point win against a ONE WIN in-conference team like Vandy and a ONE POINT win AT HOME against a 3-5 in-conference team like the Gamecocks speaks volumes about Florida. :thumbsdown:

The end result was a 3-5 East record, but South Carolina got better as they year progressed...finished just outside of the top 25...a bowl win might get them in...

Florida has a very good defense...offense isn't clicking, but they continue to win...

Wow........The Sporting News STICKS it to Florida! :dunno:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.sportingnews.com/your...p?t=154599

Gators had better win big or shut up

November 30, 2006

For Florida Gator apologists wanting me and others actually to listen to their testimony about why the Gators deserve the shot at No. 1 Ohio State in Glendale, here's what I need from you this Saturday:

Defeat the Arkansas Razorbacks by 37 or more in the SEC Championship Game

Otherwise, you can talk to my hand and the hands of everyone who actually understands what the BCS is all about while you whine all the way to New Orleans or Orlando for your bowl game.

I've heard poor football commentary from Gators fans for many years -- from sitting next to them at the Swamp to reading their e-mails to calls on my television shows -- and this latest spin on why the Gators deserve a shot at the national title is predictable and reeks of lameness.

Whether it's Urban Meyer -- whose stubbornness in playing Tim Tebow probably cost the Gators a shutout at Florida State last Saturday -- or anyone else in the Gator Nation, they fail to realize that they were their own worst enemy many weeks ago.

The Week 10 BCS rankings bumped Florida up to the head of the one-loss teams, No. 4 overall behind unbeaten Ohio State, unbeaten Michigan and unbeaten West Virginia -- and ahead of unbeaten Louisville.

By putting the Gators in that position, the humans who vote and the computers programmed by humans to vote gave Florida a shot at playing for the national title.

The following Thursday saw Louisville's impressive 44-34 whipping of West Virginia, while the Gators needed a fourth down stop and an onside kick recovery in the fourth quarter to hold off Vanderbilt.

Predictably, the Week 11 BCS rankings moved Louisville into the No. 3 spot vacated by West Virginia, while the Gators stayed at No. 4 and remained the highest ranked one-loss team.

The next week, Louisville failed to hold its No. 3 position, as Rutgers knocked off the Cardinals.

With the No. 3 spot vacant for the second straight Saturday, Florida was playing at home and on national television against a 5-4 South Carolina team coming off consecutive losses. This not only was a revenge game for the Gators after embarrassing loss to Steve Spurrier in Columbia last year, but also a chance for the Gators to show they were worthy of moving up to No. 3.

Instead, the Gators slopped around again and needed not one, not two, but three blocked kicks to survive 17-16 in a game they led only for the last three minutes.

Meanwhile in Los Angeles, USC opened a brutal four-game stretch that included three ranked opponents by demolishing a 7-2 Oregon team 35-10.

Combined with losses by Auburn and Texas -- previously one-loss teams -- the Week 12 BCS rankings moved the Trojans from No. 7 to No. 3 -- ahead of Florida in the one-loss line and behind unbeaten Ohio State and Michigan.

While Ohio State and Michigan played perhaps their greatest game ever that following Saturday in Columbus and USC pounded a nationally ranked, 8-2 California team, Florida finally posted an impressive victory -- against a 1-AA Western Carolina team that came in with eight straight losses.

While many were surprised that Michigan stayed at No. 2 in the Week 13 BCS rankings ahead of USC, nobody could justify Florida moving up off a win against an opponent that shouldn't have been on the schedule.

Then came USC's 44-24 victory over a Notre Dame team whose only previous loss was to Michigan, while Florida blew a 14-0 halftime lead in an eventual 21-14 victory against the worst FSU team in Bobby Bowden's tenure.

Now USC is No. 2 in the penultimate BCS rankings, while Florida pouts and spins ridiculous arguments like Michael Flaherty did for Mayor Winston on "Spin City".

Even the Florida faithful's fallback argument about the SEC's strength of schedule gets swiss cheesed, as USC has four wins over teams currently ranked in the BCS Top 20, while Florida has just two.

The hypocrisy comes when Meyer and others base the Gators' case solely on which team lost to the better opponent.

The Gators' loss to current BCS No. 11 Auburn is a "better" loss than USC's defeat at current BCS No. 24 Oregon State; however, Florida fans conveniently ignore the fact that fellow one-loss team Michigan destroys this argument, since the Wolverines lost at top-ranked Ohio State.

Which brings me back to the original point, as Florida has one last chance to do something on the field in Atlanta this Saturday -- a chance to allow its actions to speak louder than whimsical words.

Florida's opponent this weekend happens to be the only team on the Gators' schedule that also played USC this season.

USC won on the Razorbacks' home field by 36 points.

A 37-point victory over Arkansas on a neutral field may finally be a legitimate argument -- since the Gators have no valid contention otherwise.

Actually, I'm sure we'd all agree, all that really matters is the results on the field and USC has show that over the last 4+ years...

Wrong. All that matters is this year, not last year, or the year before that, etc.

And the winner of "Assclown Of The Year Award" is.............GobbleDog!!

How in the world do you include a 2-6 Alabama (in conference) a 1-7 Vanderbilt (in conference) and a shitbox FSU team as "Losable Games"?? What a joke!

Take a look at whom USC beat this year out of conference: SEC West winner Arkansas (GOT POUNDED in their own house by SC), Big 12 North winner Nebraska (got their ass handed to them by SC), and BCS bound Notre Dame (whom got their heads kicked in by SC).

Every year USC hears the same ol crap from other conferences fans, yet......the proof is in the pudding. SC put a beat down on Auburn in 2002 & 2003. Kicked the crap out of #3 ranked Iowa in the 2002 Orange Bowl, kicked the crap out of Michigan in the 2003 Rose Bowl, beat highly ranked VaTech in 2004, beat the living SH!T out of Oklahoma in the 2004 title game, hung 70 on Arkansas in 2005, and.......puts an annual beat-down on Notre Dame year after year. As for this year....see above (Ark, Nebraska, and ND got humiliated by USC). Others conferences talk it up on message boards.......USC just beats you down on the field. :rolleyes: :pointstosky: :thumbsdown:

No doubt. I remember when USC put it on Texas last January

*Hands SEC cry babies a tissue*

Its the BCS system you should be pissed at, all this crying and pointing at other confrences makes you look bad. SEC doesn't have the copyright on football and tough teams. Better get to rooting on UCLA.

I'm an SEC fan (Tennessee, if you didn't notice from my earlier post), but I expect that this Florida/USC conversation will be moot after this weekend, because I think Arkansas will beat Florida, and the two best teams (USC and OSU) will play for the title.

Still a big proponent of the 16 team playoff, because it gives us the most enticing matchups. Eight teams would be good, but it leaves out some awesome games (LSU/OU as the 5/12 game in the first round, etc). 32 teams would be too many, as the top seeds would mop the floor with their competition in the first round.

No doubt. I remember when USC put it on Texas last January

LMAO at you! So, let me get this straight..........USC has gone an incredible 23-1 verse ranked opponents going back to mid 2002 and you want to point out the ONE loss? Get real asshat!

LMAO at you! So, let me get this straight..........USC has gone an incredible 23-1 verse ranked opponents going back to mid 2002 and you want to point out the ONE loss? Get real asshat!

Too bad USC and that awesome offense you've been bragging about can't beat unranked teams like UCLA and Oregon St! :wall: ;) :banana: :banana: :banana:

:first: Where are all the genius coaches from around the nation that should want to step up and play the best competition in the nation. I was right. SEC too damn hard to win. :banana:

:clap: Where are all the genius coaches from around the nation that should want to step up and play the best competition in the nation. I was right. SEC too damn hard to win. :ninja:

Posed this question to a friend of mine that spent 30+ yrs coaching D1 and pro football. He called the Bama job a no-win situation. Their fan base and boosters live in the past, thinking they should be competing for a national title every year, and that anything less is failure. Hence, a coach that goes from a 10 win season where lots of things went right to this year, where he wins 6-7 games after everything goes wrong, can't keep his job.

It used to be that the college football landscape had maybe 10 plum jobs, and everything else was a stepping stone. But guys like Schiano, Rodriguez, Meyer (@ Utah), Petrino, etc, have proven that you can win consistently, be in position to be included in the national title picture, and not be on the hot seat if you have a "down" 8-9 win season, at other places. They're making big $, have great quality of life, and don't have to put up with the bs that comes with the Bama job.

Posed this question to a friend of mine that spent 30+ yrs coaching D1 and pro football. He called the Bama job a no-win situation. Their fan base and boosters live in the past, thinking they should be competing for a national title every year, and that anything less is failure. Hence, a coach that goes from a 10 win season where lots of things went right to this year, where he wins 6-7 games after everything goes wrong, can't keep his job.

It used to be that the college football landscape had maybe 10 plum jobs, and everything else was a stepping stone. But guys like Schiano, Rodriguez, Meyer (@ Utah), Petrino, etc, have proven that you can win consistently, be in position to be included in the national title picture, and not be on the hot seat if you have a "down" 8-9 win season, at other places. They're making big $, have great quality of life, and don't have to put up with the bs that comes with the Bama job.

JT thanks for the input. I still say they can beat lesser teams and not have to run through that SEC schedule and be included in the National Championship Picture is the main reason.