Sign in to follow this  
Kingstowne Dealers

NFL Network is Killing Pro Football

Even though I pay X amount of dollars per month for the NFL Network on cable, I STILL won't be able to watch the game tonight! Hello?! Isn't the whole point of a TV Network to air programming that you create? I'm pissed! Someone is getting really greedy. I like football, but if the NFL Network insists on not showing games that are already paid for they're going to find that people are gonna lose interest in watching these over-paid, cry-baby, prima-donna, M-Fers play! Just ask the MLB! Geez! :mad:

Guest ramrock11

Same here,

The cable company blames the nfl the nfl blames the cable company don't really know who's right but i know i'm getting ripped off.

Well, at least you get NFL Network. I have no choice but Time Warner, except moving.

Live in Dallas, and we are going through an ice storm. I will be braving the elements this evening to see the game in a bar....ah, it gets me out ouf the house.

Good luck, and if you can get a dish.

Even though I pay X amount of dollars per month for the NFL Network on cable, I STILL won't be able to watch the game tonight! Hello?! Isn't the whole point of a TV Network to air programming that you create? I'm pissed! Someone is getting really greedy. I like football, but if the NFL Network insists on not showing games that are already paid for they're going to find that people are gonna lose interest in watching these over-paid, cry-baby, prima-donna, M-Fers play! Just ask the MLB! Geez! :thumbsdown:

So you pay extra for NFL network? Why is the game not on NFL Network? I am confused

Is it blacked out or something?

Well, at least you get NFL Network. I have no choice but Time Warner, except moving.

Live in Dallas, and we are going through an ice storm. I will be braving the elements this evening to see the game in a bar....ah, it gets me out ouf the house.

Good luck, and if you can get a dish.

Then on the way home from the bar you get popped for a DUI for drinking a beer that it all over commercials during these football games you watch. Then you spend a weekend in first time offenders program and you miss the Sunday games. Aint life peachy

So you pay extra for NFL network? Why is the game not on NFL Network? I am confused

Is it blacked out or something?

Yeah, me too. I thought if you paid for the network (i.e. non-standard tier) you got the game. On a side note, I don't see how this has an effect on football. There are plenty of games each Sunday that you can't watch unless you pay for them (i.e the Ticket).

I don't get the all the whining. :thumbsdown:

Then on the way home from the bar you get popped for a DUI for drinking a beer that it all over commercials during these football games you watch. Then you spend a weekend in first time offenders program and you miss the Sunday games. Aint life peachy

And you, being a Browns fan have never "swigged" down a few at the game. Hell, I`ll bet you were one of the guys who chunked a full 20 oz`er at the ref a couple of years ago! :thumbsdown:

And you, being a Browns fan have never "swigged" down a few at the game. Hell, I`ll bet you were one of the guys who chunked a full 20 oz`er at the ref a couple of years ago! :headbanger:

Of course I have. I did miss the beer tossing game. I am still confused why you think that Brownsfans are drunk rowdy people.lol( happens in every nfl stadium every week). I dont get to many games even though I live 30 minutes from the Stadium. Since the return of the browns the team has not been worth the price of admission. I do support them from my couch and no matter there record I will always be loyal I just refuse to give them my money until they can figure out how to put a quality product on the field. Trust me they make plenty of money without us couch supporters. Besides at $5 bucks a beer I would not waste that by dumping it on a ref.

P.S. NFL Network can suck my azz. I have Time Warner also.

I think it's only unavailable in certain markets. Definetly a screw job for people who get the channel in those markets.. but i thought it was going to be on NFL Network for most of the country. Someone please clarify if you have a minute. There isn't some type of pay per view here is there?

Yeah, me too. I thought if you paid for the network (i.e. non-standard tier) you got the game. On a side note, I don't see how this has an effect on football. There are plenty of games each Sunday that you can't watch unless you pay for them (i.e the Ticket).

I don't get the all the whining. :headbanger:

On Sundays we usually have 4 games available to us, tonight we have none.

What is the point of playing a game on Thursday if no one can see it. I for one will not be going to a Bar to watch. The NFL is trying to change our viewing habits and if they are successful it will only get worse.

Does anyone on Comcast get the game in HD on INHD channel?

I'm in Sunnyvale. The only city in the south-bay without INHD/FSN-HD, On-Demand, or any of the other HD channels. We only get the networks, Discovery, ESPN and HBO.

Lame.

Does anyone on Comcast get the game in HD on INHD channel?

We absolutely should/will, just like the NFL Replay HD games.

Not sure what the whining's about, maybe a BS flaming thread ??? :headbanger:

I'm in Sunnyvale. The only city in the south-bay without INHD/FSN-HD, On-Demand, or any of the other HD channels. We only get the networks, Discovery, ESPN and HBO.

Lame.

We get

ESPN HD

ESPN2HD

TNTHD

ABC HD

NBC HD

CBS HD

FOX HD

DiSC HD

INHD

INHD2

PBSHD

HBO HD

CIN HD

SHO HD

STZ HD

OnDemand

on paper, these games only generate a fraction of the revenue that nationally televised games do. just due to the fact of the games are not seen by a national audience. what are the ratings for nfl network games like? wouldn't the ratings be higher if they were on regular network tv or even espIn?

but the sad thing is that the nfl makes enough money to absorb the hit....

:thumbsdown:

On Sundays we usually have 4 games available to us, tonight we have none.

What is the point of playing a game on Thursday if no one can see it. I for one will not be going to a Bar to watch. The NFL is trying to change our viewing habits and if they are successful it will only get worse.

So, on Sunday you will still have your full compliment of games, right? You lose NOTHING. You just don't get the bonus game because you didn't pay for it.

As far as I know, I'm getting it in Jersey on the NFL-N, Comcast.

At least I better be getting it.... :huh:

Yeah don't worry about all this talk goin on here fellow JERSEYman... we got it... :thumbsdown:

And we'll probably get to see it next week on NFL replay as well, best channel EVA!!!! :dunno:

As far as I know, I'm getting it in Jersey on the NFL-N, Comcast.

At least I better be getting it.... :dunno:

If you have Cox or Comcast your fine, but if you have RCN as your provider your totally screwed! They sell you NFL-N but blackout the games!! arrgghhh! :thumbsdown:

To clarify one of the questions above, some cable companies have purchased the NFLN, but they would not pay the extra fee the NFLN wanted to actually broadcast the games. For those folks, they get the NFLN minus the actual games. As also stated above, some cable companies had angry subscribers after last weeks game (or lack of game), and have since paid the extra to carry the games from this point forward.

your game will get blacked out if you live in an nfl city that has a local game on a non-double header channel on sunday.

channels with the double-header home games will not get blacked out. this happened last year in atlanta when the cbs or fox affilliate did not show any football on one sunday!

:unsure:

To clarify one of the questions above, some cable companies have purchased the NFLN, but they would not pay the extra fee the NFLN wanted to actually broadcast the games. For those folks, they get the NFLN minus the actual games. As also stated above, some cable companies had angry subscribers after last weeks game (or lack of game), and have since paid the extra to carry the games from this point forward.

What a crock! You have got to be kidding me! You pay for the NFLN but when it comes time to show a game you dont get to see it unless you pay even more? Pretty soon all games are going to be PPV. Probably in the next 5-7 years. The days of free football are almost over. :cry:

i dont have nfl network and the game was bought on a local station but it doesnt matter cause ill be at the game! :cry:

Does anyone know if this game will be broadcast on a national radio show? Detroit market? :cry:

your game will get blacked out if you live in an nfl city that has a local game on a non-double header channel on sunday.

channels with the double-header home games will not get blacked out. this happened last year in atlanta when the cbs or fox affilliate did not show any football on one sunday!

:cry:

Hmm, well that does SUCK!

These weekly Thursday night games sure were a great idea :cry:

:argue: man u aint kidding, not only dont we get to watch the games, we need to have our lineup in by thurs ;) , so far its not affecting me as much, cuz no injuries, but going forward this sucks. Every thurs games since thanksgiving SUCKS for us fantasy players

What a crock! You have got to be kidding me! You pay for the NFLN but when it comes time to show a game you dont get to see it unless you pay even more? Pretty soon all games are going to be PPV. Probably in the next 5-7 years. The days of free football are almost over. :cry:

No the days of free football are NOT almost over. Free Football=Advertising. Period. :argue:

:dunno:

Where'd you get that info from?

Someone just tell me this.

I have Dishnetwork and live in Fort Worth. Can I watch the game tonight?

Not sure what this thread is even about.

No the days of free football are NOT almost over. Free Football=Advertising. Period. :dunno:

You may be right, but I would not be surprised. Remember, it always comes down to the mighty dollar. :banana:

Someone just tell me this.

I have Dishnetwork and live in Fort Worth. Can I watch the game tonight?

cb..you should be able to watch it

i have dish network and got the thursday game last week

Nobody seems to want to answer that question.

I looked up some news articles and the only thing Ican find is a pissing match between Time/Warner Cable and the NFL. The NFL wants a certain amount per subscriber for them to carry the network, and TW is only willing to pay that much if the NFLN is packaged into a special 'sports tier' so only people that want it pay for it.

Sounds like if you have Time/Warner... you're kinda screwed. I see no other news/info about NFLN games being blacked out for any other reasons.

Since ya'll should have DirectTV anyway... I don't see what you're bitchin' about.