Sign in to follow this  
Wildman

Ready To Roll 2007 Rookie Scouting Portfolio On Sale

Order the 2007 Rookie Scouting Portfolio

It's ready for download!

Here's a quick overview:

392-page online publication devoted to the film study of prospects at the positions of QB,RB,WR, and TE.

24 QBs--7 of the higher ranked prospects have multiple checklists

36 RBs--12 with multiple checklists

44 WRs--17 with multiple checklists, 1 profile-no checklist

11 TEs--1 multiple game study

116 Players Total

A full glossary that defines the criteria I used to grade the players on the checklists and profiles.

Overview Sections for each position: Good for those looking for the highlights for their draft

Overrated and Underrated Players

Projects

Best and Worst Players by Specific Skill Sets

My top 15 (top 5 for TEs) at each position in terms of their potential to contribute within 3-years

Draft Value Charts for Rookie Only Dynasty Drafts with 8, 10, 12, or 14-team leagues.

Format

Adobe Reader which is free to download and easy to install.

Bookmarked by section for easy access to sections you wish to view

Table of contents

General Remarks About This Draft Class--Things You Might Have Read Elsewhere and No Where Else :pointstosky:

Overall the strength this draft in terms of skill positions is the depth at WR. There are several marquee prospects, but in my opinion it would be wise to avoid what I would call the Troy Williamson type--the highly-billed athlete that the big-time programs use in their system in a way where they minimize the WRs deficiencies and play up his athleticism. An example would be Sidney Rice. He has a chance to be an excellent player, but there are quite a few WRs with more polish and enough athleticism to have a better chance to be just as productive in less time and at a lower cost to you on draft day.

The QB class is intriguing. I think there is a bit of a similar thing going on with QB as there is at WR, but it's underpublicized. I think there is a lot of depth here with some players that will be in the league for a long time. My top QB is not JaMarcus Russell, but I finally read some material from different sources outside of my own film study for the first time (this morning) and my top player is someone that a prominent scout labeled as the most ready to contribute player at the position. I have a few surprises in my rankings for this position, but I also had a few surprises last year that panned out early.

TEs are weak--incredibly so. I decided not to devote a great deal of focus on them. It made more sense to focus on the positions with greater depth of viable prospects.

RBs have some interesting mid-round picks and underrated guys. While I love Adrian Peterson, he is interestingly enough not my #1 RB prospect. A player I wasn't too high on to start the season turned out to impress me a great deal more than I expected and he edged out AP because he is a more disciplined back that has a better all around game. He may not make the jaw-dropping highlight, but he has less to fix to make an immediate and long term impact. He's also a very tough football player that looked good despite performing with some injuries that several in this class would not have dressed...

Players I recommend you to check out when you purchase because they are key folks and many of them I have some contrary opinions backed with film study that could sway you to bump or drop your personal rankings:

QBs: Brady Quinn, Drew Stanton, Kevin Kolb, Troy Smith, John Beck, Trent Edwards

RBs: Ahmad Bradshaw, Lorenzo Booker, Antonio Pittman, Tony Hunt, Brian Leonard, Selvin Young

WRs: Robert Meachem, Dwayne Jarrett, Steve Smith, Sidney Rice, Johnnie Lee Higgins, Mike Walker

TEs: Zach Miller, Scott Chandler, Clark Harris

This is the publication's second year and thus far interest as doubled...feedback from year one was excellent overall. I did read an interesting tidbit on another site's boared where the RSP was compared with other draft guides. The review of the RSP was positive with a criticism of my rankings, which I think is common because I have some diverging thoughts from the consensus and try to look at it over a 3-year period. Despite this criticism, the reviewer mentioned he's most likely going to go with the RSP once again which is definitely a nice endorsement. And btw--I stand by my rankings...it's only been a year :banana:

To the many of you that already purchased, I hope you get a lot out of it. To those that are going to purchase, I hope the same!

Best,

Matt

Previous Post to start this thread that gives a bit more about the 2006 version....

It's been a while since I've been posting, but if you saw the 2006 Rookie Scouting Portfolio you'll understand why I've been busy preparing the 2007 edition.

The 2006 version was an healthy, 379 pages of rookie analysis based on film study and graded on position specific criteria that is clearly defined. This year will include an analysis of draft needs for each NFL team, draft value charts for dynasty league rookie drafts, and draft grades for each NFL team.

But the core of this online publication is the film study. I break down each player on film and provide you a numerically generated analysis on a 100-point scale and back up my scores with written examples of what I observed on film. So you get both an objective format and a written profile of the player of at least 1-2 pages.

The RSP was very well-received in its first year. ESPN Radio's Anita Marks had good things to say about her parent company's draft guide, but said on the air last April that the 2006 RSP "blew it away," in terms of player analysis. The New Orleans Saints front office actually requested a copy a few weeks prior to draft day.

Some quick comments on just some of the players I covered in 2006 that made an impact right away.

Joseph Addai--I said I thought he'd be a good fit for the Colts prior draft day and rated him among the top five. I thought he'd be one of the best two impact rookie backs in 2006.

Wali Lundy--I provided analysis to back up why I thought this late pick would be a great fit in a zone blocking system that Kubiak uses in Houston.

Maurice Jones-Drew--I said he was the closest thing to Warrick Dunn to come out in years and wouldn't be a Darren Sproles type back. He's been a top 20 fantasy back for much of the season.

Mike Bell--I mentioned in his profile that he had talent to be an NFL starter. Despite going undrafted my grade seemed to fit--he has started or seen significant time in Denver's backfield.

Greg Jennings--I thought this rookie receiver had a chance to make an immediate impact and he's been a solid fantasy receiver that has Brett Favre and the Packers excited about his future.

Sam Hurd--I rated this rookie pretty highly despite going undrafted...Bill Parcells and the Cowboys liked him too. Signed him to a 3-year deal and has shown flashes that make him an interesting dynasty choice. These are the types of players the RSP will help you unearth at a bargain for you.

Marques Colston--You could have read about this rookie here. Although I didn't envision him starting this year at all...you would have been aware of his potential. I picked up this top #5 fantasy receiver off the waiver wire early because I had studied his game last year.

Bruce Gradkowski--I said he'd do well in a west coast offense and had the talented to be a majorly underrated player. Although he didn't set the world on fire as a rookie, he had some surprisingly good fantasy outings/games and Jon Gruden loves his potential. I continue to hear major media analysts lead-in Buc games with "no one knew about Gradkowski until recently." Those of you that follow my stuff knew about him...

Lendale White--I said the guy was overrated. He should have a shot at a decent career, but he wasn't the first year stud so many predicted him to be this spring.

Vince Young--I didn't shy away from Young despite the draft analyst community worrying about his throwing motion and supposed, lack of acumen to be an NFL quarterback. With wins against the Colts, Giants, and Eagles Young has proven he's going to be a special player.

Once again, you'll get at least 115 players this year. Each player is evaluated on at least a complete game with every play studied--with or without the ball in his hands. You'll also get some great overviews and summary reports by position that you can print and use for your rookie draft as a quick reference.

We sold the RSP for $17.95 and many commented that it was well-worth the price considering the wealth of analysis they received. We'll send you a login to access the publication on .pdf (Adobe Reader--it's free to download) in late March.

I'd love to hear any feedback you have with this project. I hope to continue to grow this portfolio into an FFToday staple and your opinion of what you think and might like to see in future editions is essential.

Thanks!

Matt

It's been a while since I've been posting, but if you saw the 2006 Rookie Scouting Portfolio you'll understand why I've been busy preparing the 2007 edition.

As a special for FFToday we are offering the 2007 edition at a pre-order price of $9.95 through 12/31. The 2006 version was an healthy, 397-pages of rookie analysis based on film study and graded on position specific criteria that is clearly defined. This year will include an analysis of draft needs for each NFL team, draft value charts for dynasty league rookie drafts, and draft grades for each NFL team.

But the core of this online publication is the film study. I break down each player on film and provide you a numerically generated analysis on a 100-point scale and back up my scores with written examples of what I observed on film. So you get both an objective format and a written profile of the player of at least 1-2 pages.

The RSP was very well-received in its first year. ESPN Radio's Anita Marks had good things to say about her parent company's draft guide, but said on the air last April that the 2006 RSP "blew it away," in terms of player analysis. The New Orleans Saints front office actually requested a copy a few weeks prior to draft day.

Some quick comments on just some of the players I covered in 2006 that made an impact right away.

Joseph Addai--I said I thought he'd be a good fit for the Colts prior draft day and rated him among the top five. I thought he'd be one of the best two impact rookie backs in 2006.

Wali Lundy--I provided analysis to back up why I thought this late pick would be a great fit in a zone blocking system that Kubiak uses in Houston.

Maurice Jones-Drew--I said he was the closest thing to Warrick Dunn to come out in years and wouldn't be a Darren Sproles type back. He's been a top 20 fantasy back for much of the season.

Mike Bell--I mentioned in his profile that he had talent to be an NFL starter. Despite going undrafted my grade seemed to fit--he has started or seen significant time in Denver's backfield.

Greg Jennings--I thought this rookie receiver had a chance to make an immediate impact and he's been a solid fantasy receiver that has Brett Favre and the Packers excited about his future.

Sam Hurd--I rated this rookie pretty highly despite going undrafted...Bill Parcells and the Cowboys liked him too. Signed him to a 3-year deal and has shown flashes that make him an interesting dynasty choice. These are the types of players the RSP will help you unearth at a bargain for you.

Marques Colston--You could have read about this rookie here. Although I didn't envision him starting this year at all...you would have been aware of his potential. I picked up this top #5 fantasy receiver off the waiver wire early because I had studied his game last year.

Bruce Gradkowski--I said he'd do well in a west coast offense and had the talented to be a majorly underrated player. Although he didn't set the world on fire as a rookie, he had some surprisingly good fantasy outings/games and Jon Gruden loves his potential. I continue to hear major media analysts lead-in Buc games with "no one knew about Gradkowski until recently." Those of you that follow my stuff knew about him...

Lendale White--I said the guy was overrated. He should have a shot at a decent career, but he wasn't the first year stud so many predicted him to be this spring.

Vince Young--I didn't shy away from Young despite the draft analyst community worrying about his throwing motion and supposed, lack of acumen to be an NFL quarterback. With wins against the Colts, Giants, and Eagles Young has proven he's going to be a special player.

Once again, you'll get at least 115 players this year. Each player is evaluated on at least a complete game with every play studied--with or without the ball in his hands. You'll also get some great overviews and summary reports by position that you can print and use for your rookie draft as a quick reference.

We sold the RSP for $17.95 and many commented that it was well-worth the price considering the wealth of analysis they received. So at $9.95, you're really getting a steal if you order this month. We'll send you a login to access the publication on .pdf (Adobe Reader--it's free to download) in late March.

I'd love to hear any feedback you have with this project. I hope to continue to grow this portfolio into an FFToday staple and your opinion of what you think and might like to see in future editions is essential.

Thanks!

Matt

Not sure if your the guy from "The Gut check", but if you are Im a huge fan of it --You do some great work.

The draft hype is going to start real soon with teams being mathimatically eliminated from playoff contention. Im guessing in a few weeks after the Bowl games its going to be huge. I like to do alot of research myself for the draft, but depending on your format thats a very fair price for a draft package.

Care to answer a few questions?

1. Lamar Woodly---Said by some to be the best 3-4 OLB pass rusher in this draft (Scott Wright) a few weeks ago, But recently Im seeing a trend in which he is slipping down draft boards like Mel Kipers. Kiper has him barely as a top 25 senior, and my question is could he really fall out of the first round ? I cant see it with all the 3-4 teams.

2. Marshawn Lynch---After seeing what has happened to JJ Arrington Im sure there is going to be some skeptics out there. In the begining of the season I didnt see a top ten player possibly because of that, but now Im hearing everywhere he wont slip out of the top 15. I have heard comments in which he is a better player then Lawrence Maroney, and may turn out to be a better pro then Adrian Peterson. Is he really all that, and probably a top ten pick?

3. Is Brady Quinn in danger possibly of the over exposure that dropped Matt leinart in the draft? Im seeing Jamrcus Russell shoot up boards and people getting bored almost with Quinn. Is is possibly he drops in the draft and is the second QB selected?

4. The DT position looks pretty weak this year, and I was wondering which guys could make dominent 3-4 ends. The top prospects like look Alan Branch, Okam, and Carriker, but I really wanted to know how big of a difference their talent level is. I know Branch looks like a top ten pick, and the other 2 look like late first round, but is their talent truly "Tiers" apart?

5. Lastly, If Nelson comes out, could this be the best safety class in a long time as their seems to be 3 studs that could all be off the board early. If Griffin runds 40 times like Huff did, it may be three top 20 Safeties going.

Anyone who likes feel free to answer if they wish, but I would really like Waldman's responce if thats him.

Wildman = Waldman = The Gut Check guy, so yes, same person.

I'd try to tackle the other questions, but I don't watch much college football (no time!). I just read the RSP so I have some clue about these rookies each year :headbanger:

Not sure if your the guy from "The Gut check", but if you are Im a huge fan of it --You do some great work.

The draft hype is going to start real soon with teams being mathimatically eliminated from playoff contention. Im guessing in a few weeks after the Bowl games its going to be huge. I like to do alot of research myself for the draft, but depending on your format thats a very fair price for a draft package.

Care to answer a few questions?

1. Lamar Woodly---Said by some to be the best 3-4 OLB pass rusher in this draft (Scott Wright) a few weeks ago, But recently Im seeing a trend in which he is slipping down draft boards like Mel Kipers. Kiper has him barely as a top 25 senior, and my question is could he really fall out of the first round ? I cant see it with all the 3-4 teams. Drafts are so dictated by need and fit with the system. The more I study talent I realize thee is a significant gap in logic between picking the best players and the players a team thinks will be the best fit for them either financially, system-wise, or team needs. Anything is possibly with Woodly...do they think he's one-dimensional or won't be as dominant in the NFL? Could be...long way to go before the draft. I'm more about evaluating the player's talent as opposed to tyring to predict picks and rounds...that's why I've labeled guys like Mike Bell and Wali Lundy runners with viable talent to start in the NFL when others were writing them off because they didn't hear "likely 1st day prospect," from a draft guru. I consider myself and my work more about player analysis as opposed to guessing who gets picked where.

2. Marshawn Lynch---After seeing what has happened to JJ Arrington Im sure there is going to be some skeptics out there. In the begining of the season I didnt see a top ten player possibly because of that, but now Im hearing everywhere he wont slip out of the top 15. I have heard comments in which he is a better player then Lawrence Maroney, and may turn out to be a better pro then Adrian Peterson. Is he really all that, and probably a top ten pick? Based on some preliminary study, I don't think he's better than either back, although more disciplined with his running style than Peterson. He has some issues that I think prohibit him from being a sure-fire starter and he'll need to correct these things to capitalize on his tremendous talent

3. Is Brady Quinn in danger possibly of the over exposure that dropped Matt leinart in the draft? Im seeing Jamrcus Russell shoot up boards and people getting bored almost with Quinn. Is is possibly he drops in the draft and is the second QB selected? I doubt it. The whole system-love of Charlie Weiss will in my opinion make Quinn the QB of choice. Plus Notre Dame starter with 2 good years vs. Russells 1 solid to very good season? You tell me :first:

4. The DT position looks pretty weak this year, and I was wondering which guys could make dominent 3-4 ends. The top prospects like look Alan Branch, Okam, and Carriker, but I really wanted to know how big of a difference their talent level is. I know Branch looks like a top ten pick, and the other 2 look like late first round, but is their talent truly "Tiers" apart?

5. Lastly, If Nelson comes out, could this be the best safety class in a long time as their seems to be 3 studs that could all be off the board early. If Griffin runds 40 times like Huff did, it may be three top 20 Safeties going.

Anyone who likes feel free to answer if they wish, but I would really like Waldman's responce if thats him.

A lot of good safeties coming out of college in the past 5-6 years so I'm not sure I'm ready to say that--but Nelson is something else. Griffin is definitely a fine prospect, too.

Sounds to me like your service is no better than listening to Mel Kiper Jr. in the week leading up to the draft. I live and Minnesota and drafted Marques Colston. I obviously did not need your service, which is no more or less ambiguous than any other .... $9.95 ..... I'll pass.

Sounds to me like your service is no better than listening to Mel Kiper Jr. in the week leading up to the draft. I live and Minnesota and drafted Marques Colston. I obviously did not need your service, which is no more or less ambiguous than any other .... $9.95 ..... I'll pass.

Why such animosity? If you're not interested, don't buy it. But if scouting reports on college players is something you like to know about, then $9.95 is well worth the price.

I've read Waldman's column for a while now, and I'd definitely say he's way better than Kiper. Kiper's analysis seems to be based on what NFL teams think of players and where they will be drafted rather than their actual talent level. I've never heard Kiper take a stance on whether or not a player will succeed in the pros. Waldman has pointed out things that most of the big boys passed over. Plus he knows fantasy. Honestly I don't know how you could use this site without appreciating his work.

Glad you drafted Colston all on your own, kudos to you. I will tell you that if you look at the samples of the scouting reports I put on display for 2006, you get a lot more detail that what you watch for a week or two on tv. If you're just looking for two-minute sound bytes from a service because you want the bottom line, then you'll do fine with Kiper's work. But where a guy will be drafted and an analysis of his skills from game film are different. If you want both the bottom line and all the details to help you arrive at your own opinion--and you enjoy the detail at your fingertips that many fantasy owners crave, then it's a different story and you'll find my product beneficial. But hey, whatever works for you and I wish you luck with next season.

since I only pay $50 entry fee for my Dynasty team, I'm not quite sure the $9.95 is worth it. Although, I do appreciate your work in the GutCheck Articles...so I am considering it

Thanks for writing. Hey, its you're choice. Considering, most people that paid the full $17.95 price thought it was worth that and more...it's a good deal if you enjoy learning more about rookie prospects and having something you can keep for subsequent seasons--especially when you want to know about those players that tend to develop 2-3 years down the line the either, a) everyone forgets about or :dunno: few really know about until they began to produce.

This is somthing that I would love to get my hands on.

The $10.00 price tag is very cheap.

But I would rather it come in a magazine format.

Am I assuming right that it is somthing we can download on our computer and not

somthing that is mailed to us?

This is somthing that I would love to get my hands on.

The $10.00 price tag is very cheap.

But I would rather it come in a magazine format.

Am I assuming right that it is somthing we can download on our computer and not

somthing that is mailed to us?

It's downloaded from Adobe and you can print whatever sections you like. In fact it's set up so you can print the sections that you need. A 375-400 pg magazine isn't something you usually find and if you do, it won't likely be a $10.00 publication but a $24-$30 book. So as nice as that would be for us, I think you're trying to ask the Geenie for a 4th wish after you were fortunate to get three :cheers:

[

Wildman = Waldman = The Gut Check guy, so yes, same person

Kudos to you guys for your time and articles, input, you all deserve more applause than you get :banana:

]

The former poster known as MUGS

Thanks...

BTW--I have to say compiling this book was a great aid in helping me win two expert leagues this year. While no one can predict how good a rookie will play, the information helped me make good picks in the late rounds or waiver wire that made a difference:

SOFA Expert League

Maurice Jones Drew (drafted)--became my starter early in the season when Cadillac didn't perform up to expectation

Santonio Holmes (waiver)--I felt he'd make a nice impact as a rookie, and helped me win at least 3 games.

Vince Young (waiver)--I needed help at QB and bypassed Leinart, Cutler, and some decent vets for Young. His effort this week put me well ahead despite only a decent performance from LT

Fantasy Auctioneer Experts Invitational

I had Mo Drew (drafte) and Holmes (waiver) here as well.

Local League (has two former fantasy writers in it and may be my most challenging league)--I won the points title...

I drafted Bush, Addai, Greg Jennings, and acquired Colston after week 1.

For those of you buying this publication already, I just want to say thanks and promise you that you are getting a bargain because you'll at least see why I arrived at my decisions and have a clear explanation about my evaluation system which makes it easier for you to arrive at conclusions as well.

I don't post much, but, I go here at least twice a day to get some insight from other Fantasy players that I have respect.

Wildman and Mike M., I appreciate the articles you post and find them quite insightful. I don't necessarily follow them to a "T", but, I do read them and form my own opinions and then go with my educated gut feeling.

The league where I am Commish (pls go view if you would like on MFL 14585) I drafted MJD and Leinart late since we are going to start a Keeper next year. I went 15-1 (I had LT, Westbrook, McNabb....) but failed to make the Final 4. This year we had the Top 8 make the Playoffs. Got upset in the 1st Round by the 8 Seed that had a great team, but, didn't have a good Reg Season. Obviously, I will be Keeping Drew next year and probably Leinart.

Sorry to ramble......Will your Rookie analysis portfolio contain the impact it could have on the various teams relative to the status of veterans that could/could not come back and be vital contributors to their respective teams?? I.e., your Bush/McCallister last year?? I honestly didn't purchase it last year, but, would love to see what your analysis of that situation was.

You guys do a great job and I hope that the rest of my League NEVER comes here!!!!

Thanks in advance for your response.

Thanks for the post. The book will be published prior to the draft, so the impact of the draft on teams won't be there. At the same time, I do a rookie impact series on the site every summer that discusses this topic. The concept of the book is to provide an analysis of the player's strengths and weaknesses as a talent regardless of the situation he finds himself after draft day.

For instance, last year I mentioned Jones Drew being the closest thing I've seen to Warrick Dunn in terms of a small back that runs with power. While that may not tell you whether he would get signficant playing time with his team, you would have known to draft the guy late prior to his good preaseason showing in Miami. Same thing with Mike Bell (would do well in a zone blocking scheme and had starter talent if got the opportunity) or Gradkowski (a great match for a west coast offense--and despite some typical rookie outings, he actually had 3-4 starter-worthy games as fantasy player)

Hope that helps answer your question.

Wildman, looks like you've put a lot of effort in to this. If the Saints requested a copy last year, that's pretty hellasweet.

Based on your last post, it looks like there's no post-draft analysis included in this deal. I'd advise you to include a post-draft website password with each purchase and then follow through with post-draft analysis.

I've seen a magazine or two do this in the past.

Wildman, looks like you've put a lot of effort in to this. If the Saints requested a copy last year, that's pretty hellasweet.

Based on your last post, it looks like there's no post-draft analysis included in this deal. I'd advise you to include a post-draft website password with each purchase and then follow through with post-draft analysis.

I've seen a magazine or two do this in the past.

Thanks for the suggestion CH, I'll consider it. At the same time, I'm not trying to be Mel Kiper. I could care less about what round they go and whether it was a sweet deal. I'm more concerned about talent and whether they have the skills to develop. That's why I analyzed a guy like Charles Sharon or Sam Hurd--two undrafted WRs that weren't even ranked on draftboards, but both in my opinion have longer term potential to be fantasy starters down the line. Hurd actually contributed last year and Sharon is expected to get a very close look by the Jags this offseason because they like his skills (and their higher-priced receivers aren't panning out in their desired time frame). I'll likely do some post draft analysis for the site, but I'm really trying to gear this publication to those that want a decent film study on a player's skill sets, deficiencies, and potential based on what they did on the field and not as much the horse and pony show they call the combine. I factor in combine work, but not as much as others.

Crud, I missed the pre-order price! :wub:

By the way, you should update the site, I see about 4 places where it says what the pre-order price before 1/30 is, but I don't see a single place where it says what the price after 1/30 is.

As for the RSP itself, it's nothing like any other draft analysis I've seen. Way more in-depth, way more specific. It's something you can learn about a player and draw your own conclusions from. The only league I play in is a free league but the RSP was worth every penny of the $15 or however much I paid last year, it was a great read. We keep 7 players in my league, and I did a good job drafting rookies last year for the first time in years, thanks in a large part to the RSP

I can't read the RSP at the john, I'd never leave the bathroom.

Last year's RSP won the Pulitzer Prize. For Best Publication Ever.

Rumor has it that several NFL teams, after reading the RSP, held an investigation as to whether there was a mole in their scouting department.

Wildman has the tattoos of every offensive skill position prospect memorized. Not that he was trying to, he just picked up on it.

I finished last night and sent the file over to Mike. We should have it up soon...

Here's a quick overview:

392-page online publication devoted to the film study of prospects at the positions of QB,RB,WR, and TE.

116 Players Total

A full glossary that defines the criteria I used to grade the players on the checklists and profiles.

Overview Sections for each position: Good for those looking for the highlights for their draft

Projects

My top 15 (top 5 for TEs) at each position in terms of their potential to contribute within 3-years

Draft Value Charts for Rookie Only Dynasty Drafts with 8, 10, 12, or 14-team leagues.

Format

Table of contents

General Remarks About This Draft Class--Things You Might Have Read Elsewhere and No Where Else :dunno:

Overall the strength this draft in terms of skill positions is the depth at WR. There are several marquee prospects, but in my opinion it would be wise to avoid what I would call the Troy Williamson type--the highly-billed athlete that the big-time programs use in their system in a way where they minimize the WRs deficiencies and play up his athleticism. An example would be Sidney Rice. He has a chance to be an excellent player, but there are quite a few WRs with more polish and enough athleticism to have a better chance to be just as productive in less time and at a lower cost to you on draft day.

The QB class is intriguing. I think there is a bit of a similar thing going on with QB as there is at WR, but it's underpublicized. I think there is a lot of depth here with some players that will be in the league for a long time. My top QB is not JaMarcus Russell, but I finally read some material from different sources outside of my own film study for the first time (this morning) and my top player is someone that a prominent scout labeled as the most ready to contribute player at the position. I have a few surprises in my rankings for this position, but I also had a few surprises last year that panned out early.

TEs are weak--incredibly so. I decided not to devote a great deal of focus on them. It made more sense to focus on the positions with greater depth of viable prospects.

RBs have some interesting mid-round picks and underrated guys. While I love Adrian Peterson, he is interestingly enough not my #1 RB prospect. A player I wasn't too high on to start the season turned out to impress me a great deal more than I expected and he edged out AP because he is a more disciplined back that has a better all around game. He may not make the jaw-dropping highlight, but he has less to fix to make an immediate and long term impact. He's also a very tough football player that looked good despite performing with some injuries that several in this class would not have dressed...

Players I recommend you to check out when you purchase because they are key folks and many of them I have some contrary opinions backed with film study that could sway you to bump or drop your personal rankings:

QBs: Brady Quinn, Drew Stanton, Kevin Kolb, Troy Smith, John Beck, Trent Edwards

RBs: Ahmad Bradshaw, Lorenzo Booker, Antonio Pittman, Tony Hunt, Brian Leonard, Selvin Young

WRs: Robert Meachem, Dwayne Jarrett, Steve Smith, Sidney Rice, Johnnie Lee Higgins, Mike Walker

This is the publication's second year and thus far interest as doubled...feedback from year one was excellent overall. I did read an interesting tidbit on another site's boared where the RSP was compared with other draft guides. The review of the RSP was positive with a criticism of my rankings, which I think is common because I have some diverging thoughts from the consensus and try to look at it over a 3-year period. Despite this criticism, the reviewer mentioned he's most likely going to go with the RSP once again which is definitely a nice endorsement. And btw--I stand by my rankings...it's only been a year :ninja:

To the many of you that already purchased, I hope you get a lot out of it. To those that are going to purchase, I hope the same!

Best,

Matt

I finished last night and sent the file over to Mike. We should have it up soon...

Here's a quick overview:

116 Players Total

Projects

Format

Table of contents

General Remarks About This Draft Class--Things You Might Have Read Elsewhere and No Where Else :)

This is the publication's second year and thus far interest as doubled...feedback from year one was excellent overall. I did read an interesting tidbit on another site's boared where the RSP was compared with other draft guides. The review of the RSP was positive with a criticism of my rankings, which I think is common because I have some diverging thoughts from the consensus and try to look at it over a 3-year period. Despite this criticism, the reviewer mentioned he's most likely going to go with the RSP once again which is definitely a nice endorsement. And btw--I stand by my rankings...it's only been a year ;)

Best,

Matt

:dunno: ;) :banana:

Matt,

One question I have, and I'm posting it here because others may be able to help, is about the letters overlapping in the portfolio (every time there's a "q" and "u", they are overlapped, each time "NFL" has all 3 letters overlapped) .

The overlapping isn't too bad and I can make out what the words are until I get to the Checklists where I can't read much of anything.

I'm not the most familiar with Adobe, so I don't know if there is some sort of setting that needs to be changed on my end or what it is.

Any help on that front from anyone?

Matt,

One question I have, and I'm posting it here because others may be able to help, is about the letters overlapping in the portfolio (every time there's a "q" and "u", they are overlapped, each time "NFL" has all 3 letters overlapped) .

The overlapping isn't too bad and I can make out what the words are until I get to the Checklists where I can't read much of anything.

I'm not the most familiar with Adobe, so I don't know if there is some sort of setting that needs to be changed on my end or what it is.

I haven't noticed this at all :dunno: I'm using Reader 5.1 on Win XP viewing at 158% on screen.

I haven't noticed this at all <_< I'm using Reader 5.1 on Win XP viewing at 158% on screen.

Here's an example of a screenshot of what I'm looking at:

Adobe.jpg

Hmm, image didn't show up, here's a link instead:

What I see

I haven't noticed this at all :thumbsup: I'm using Reader 5.1 on Win XP viewing at 158% on screen.

I've printed out about 250 of the 393 pages and report no problems. Wish I could help. BTW, a tremendous value. I look forward to reading the document as I begin preparation for my new keeper league!

Matt,

Like Mike said, I'd try the menu bar at the top and adjust the percentage of the zoom until it suits your screen. If you're still having issues with it, let me know after you try it.

I've printed out about 250 of the 393 pages and report no problems. Wish I could help. BTW, a tremendous value. I look forward to reading the document as I begin preparation for my new keeper league!

Glad to hear ;)

Here's an example of a screenshot of what I'm looking at:

Adobe.jpg

Hmm, image didn't show up, here's a link instead:

What I see

Wow...first I've heard or seen that...I think it has to be your screen resolution. You'll want to go to your control panel, choose display, then the settings tab to adjust the screen resolution until it works for you.

Like Mike said, I'd try the menu bar at the top and adjust the percentage of the zoom until it suits your screen. If you're still having issues with it, let me know after you try it.

Wow...first I've heard or seen that...I think it has to be your screen resolution. You'll want to go to your control panel, choose display, then the settings tab to adjust the screen resolution until it works for you.

Tried both of these and the letters stay the exact same (same letters are overlapped)

I printed a page that had overlaps and it looks the same printed as it does on my computer screen.

Matt, I don't know if it would make a difference, but is there a chance you can e-mail me a copy of yours to see if I get the same thing?

Sure...email me your address and I'll reply with an attached copy.

Sure...email me your address and I'll reply with an attached copy.

Dang, that didn't work either :banana:

Does anyone know anything about Adobe that I can do to get the letters so they are not overlapping?

Dang, that didn't work either :o

Does anyone know anything about Adobe that I can do to get the letters so they are not overlapping?

Strange. I wish I could reproduce your error so I knew what the issue was...what operating system and version are you using?

What version of Reader are you using? Have you downloaded the most recent version, 8.0?

Strange. I wish I could reproduce your error so I knew what the issue was...what operating system and version are you using?

What version of Reader are you using? Have you downloaded the most recent version, 8.0?

I have Windows XP

Using 4.0 in Adobe, so I guess I will download the newest version and see if that works.

I have Windows XP

Using 4.0 in Adobe, so I guess I will download the newest version and see if that works.

I hope that's it...I used Adobe professional 7.0 to create and 8.0 Reader to view.

I hope that's it...I used Adobe professional 7.0 to create and 8.0 Reader to view.

No problems here, on Adobe 8.0 cracking read, no excuses with my draft now :(

T-Bird...useful thus far?

Very interesting, find it difficult following the college game over here, so I've already picked up a few names to watch that I'd not come across (couldn't possibly say who, don't know if any of my rivals log in here !!) plus a few negatives against the supposed 'star' picks. Not fully digested it all yet, but sure looks like a handy tool come FF draft day !!

Being 'picky' I've spotted a few 'typos' (1 whole paragraph straight from the 2006 version) but that's just me, tend to jump out at me but then I usually can't see my own, but they don't detract from the overall publication......when can I order the 2008 edition :thumbsdown: