Sign in to follow this  
SFGeek

Coach Fox seriously sucks

Carolina has lost a ton of games in the 4th quarter. This my friends is not because of talent, it's because of coaching PERIOD! This was evident with Carolina inside the Philly 10 the other night with more then 30 seconds left and the first play was a fade to the corner. WHAT A MORONIC PLAY CALL!!!!

With 30 seconds left you're going to have 3 shots at the end zone and then atleast a game tying FG if you fail. Why not have Delhomme roll out and search for the open WR of his choice instead of going with only one option? AND ON THE FIRST PLAY? Fox has proven over and over that he can't finish but yet while other mainstream coaches like Parcell's and Coughlin constantly are under the microscope, this bafoon slides by because he's down in the Carolina's.

WHAT GIVES? <_<

Any Homers from Carolina care to share? :mad:

He's coasting on his two deep playoff appearances.. i agree that overall they have certainly under performed, relative to their talent.. Particularly their defensive consistency. As just an NFL fan, i'd love to see Fox get the boot.. Puffy, red bastage that he is.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. He went deep in the playoffs with the talent, an couldn't finish because of his coaching ability. :pointstosky:

Yes, John Fox sucks. :( And if Carolina is stupid enough to let him go, there will be 25-28 other NFL teams beating down his door to hire him as head coach.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. He went deep in the playoffs with the talent, an couldn't finish because of his coaching ability. :thumbsdown:

Wasn't this the same team that was 1-15 the year before he got there?

Didn't he manage to go 7-9 with Rodney Peete as his #1 QB and Lamar Smith as his #1 RB in his first season with that team? I know they added Peppers in the draft, but they managed to go from the 31st to 2nd ranked defense in that 1st season. And then 11-5 and to the Superbowl in the following season when they added Delhomme?

I dunno, but it seems like he did pretty well with marginal talent and was a big reason for their turnaround...

Didn't he manage to go 7-9 with Rodney Peete as his #1 QB and Lamar Smith as his #1 RB in his first season with that team? I know they added Peppers in the draft, but they managed to go from the 31st to 2nd ranked defense in that 1st season. And then 11-5 and to the Superbowl in the following season when they added Delhomme?

I dunno, but it seems like he did pretty well with marginal talent and was a big reason for their turnaround...

Did any of that turnaround have to do with defensive players coming back from injury or cancer or some ######? I can't remember.

Did any of that turnaround have to do with defensive players coming back from injury or cancer or some ######? I can't remember.

No

He's a good coach.. maybe it's a "what have you done for me lately thing".. and the last few years, their defense is projected to be a monster and it really seems to fizzle out by season's end.

No biggie either way.. i have enough suffering to hold me over as a Giants fan.

He's definetly red & puffy.. kinda sexy with the whole Demi Moore scratchy throat voice thing though. :thumbsup:

He also turned around the 1-7 2004 Panthers, without Steve Smith or Stephen Davis, to playing for the playoffs on the last weekend (they lost to NO on a last minute FG). That was one of the greatest coaching performances I have ever seen. John Fox is one of the premier head coaches in the NFL IMO.

Panthers homer here...we LOVE coach Fox. We haven't forgotten where the franchise was before him. If 5 years from now, we are always hovering around .500 then you should resurrect t his thread. Until then, Fox is the people's choice.

John Fox is a terrific NFL head coach. Delhomme has struggled some this year and the Panthers have had a hard time generating good rushing totals. Plus, the defense is inconsistent (see Monday night)

As for the fade pattern, it worked great in the first half. Hindsight is 20/20.........

I don't know if its Fox...but his offensive coordinator sucks. The play calling has been really bad this season. Fox does need to step up and make changes.

Carolina has lost a ton of games in the 4th quarter. This my friends is not because of talent, it's because of coaching PERIOD! This was evident with Carolina inside the Philly 10 the other night with more then 30 seconds left and the first play was a fade to the corner. WHAT A MORONIC PLAY CALL!!!!

With 30 seconds left you're going to have 3 shots at the end zone and then atleast a game tying FG if you fail. Why not have Delhomme roll out and search for the open WR of his choice instead of going with only one option? AND ON THE FIRST PLAY? Fox has proven over and over that he can't finish but yet while other mainstream coaches like Parcell's and Coughlin constantly are under the microscope, this bafoon slides by because he's down in the Carolina's.

WHAT GIVES? :mad:

Any Homers from Carolina care to share? :ninja:

A fade to the corner is a perfect call in that scenario. That almost never gets picked. At worst, you're looking at an incompletion 9 out of 10 times. For it to backfire, the WR needs to get some contact and decide he's content for a flag to come instead of finishing the play and becoming a defender. I pin that on Keyshawn. He can throw his helmet all he wants because he blew it.

The OC is the one calling the plays.

Really, Fox is a defensive coach, so I would think he let's the OC run the offense. Their D has been good-great under his tenure, although this year haven't been so hot due mainly to injuries. I think he is an exceptional HC.

Panthers homer here...we LOVE coach Fox. We haven't forgotten where the franchise was before him. If 5 years from now, we are always hovering around .500 then you should resurrect t his thread. Until then, Fox is the people's choice.

John Fox is a terrific NFL head coach. Delhomme has struggled some this year and the Panthers have had a hard time generating good rushing totals. Plus, the defense is inconsistent (see Monday night)

As for the fade pattern, it worked great in the first half. Hindsight is 20/20.........

A fade to the corner is a perfect call in that scenario. That almost never gets picked. At worst, you're looking at an incompletion 9 out of 10 times. For it to backfire, the WR needs to get some contact and decide he's content for a flag to come instead of finishing the play and becoming a defender. I pin that on Keyshawn. He can throw his helmet all he wants because he blew it.

another CAR homer here, and we do know that Fox is a good coach - but there are some things lacking in play calling on both offense AND defense. Offensively sometimes it seems like personnel is not being used properly - we were based on a run-first offense because of SDavis being able to pound, but that obviously doesn't work w/ Foster/DWil. Then we got hot w/ Muhsin and SSmith being NFL leading WRs two years in a row, so it seems like the OC has tried to throw more passing in the mix, and w/ the pickup of Keyshawn it seemed like it would work - problem is, they are having Key run routes that he doesn't have to get-up-and-go for anymore. At 30+ he's still one of the best possession WRs in the game, but you can't have him running stop-and-go routes against CBs that are in their 20s that can catch back up to him. And Delhomme still locks onto WRs before the ball is even snapped, plus his nuisances are readable - look at what Lito Sheppard said about that fade pattern. He knew it was coming, we all knew it was coming.

Defensively, we need more blitzing packages. Go watch highlights from the last few games, in the 4th quarter we're only ever rushing the four down lineman. There's not even ever a threat of a blitz and i think opposing OCs know this. Heck, CAR has been leading going into the 4th quarter 11 straight games now i believe. And we lost 5 of those (3 due to endzone picks by Delhomo in the last 2 minutes). Sure the defense is the one that gave up the lead - but the offense can't just go stagnant and rest on what it did for the first three quarters... I really think where we're getting out coached is in adjustments at half and late in the game. It's like we come in with only one game plan, and try to stick with it the entire game if it works in the 1st and 2nd...

just my $0.02...

p.s.

rumors around here in CAR talk about Fox's ties w/ NYG and how he should have been promoted to HC when they hired Coughlin. Now that Coughlin is almost definitely on his way out (unless he pulls a miraculous turnaround), there are mumors that Fox may be leaving CAR to head back to NYG... but those are strictly speculative rumors.

He has also suffered through some incredible injury situations. The main problem in Carolina seems to be Delhommes Ints. late in games. Early in games also. I like Delhmme but he is putting this team in tough spots.