Sign in to follow this  
omarkal

Chester taylor might play...

Chester Taylor (ribs) might play Sunday if he takes a painkiller.

We're not confident he'll finish the game even if he starts it. Ciatrick Fason has a good chance to wind up with the most carries, especially near the goal line where there are more bodies flying around and Taylor could take more shots to the ribs. Taylor is a high-risk fantasy play.

Source: FOXSports.com

To be honest, i dont trust Fox Sports.. but this was reported on Rotto world.

Guess we are going to have to wait a bit. But Im not so sure on that report. It comes out of this on fox sports where it is mentioned last night in a blurb about the game. Still cause for concern.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6256818

Minnesota at Detroit, 1 ET

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: It looks like the Vikings are sticking with QB Brad Johnson, who had four interceptions last week against the Bears, and elevating rookie Tarvaris Jackson to backup status. RB Chester Taylor (ribs) will play if he can deal with the pain; he may have to take a painkiller. Ciatrick Faison will start if Taylor pulls himself from the starting lineup.

Cant take the chance. Im starting Thomas Jones. :ninja: Or i could go with Norwood?

I think the inactives come out an hour and a half before the game. You don't have to decide yet.

I know that, just cant have him start then come out in the 2nd quarter. Going with Jones regaurdless. Could be worse...I couldve played against FWP :ninja: guess it couldnt be worse..

Yup I'm starting Furrey at flex instead of Taylor unless Taylor is a no go (I do have Faison). I can't afford to have him come out after the first hit on the ribs.

Can't take the chance, gotta go with Jones-Drew who I know will at least play more than one play.

Depends on the painkiller.

Yea, I've always had an issue with taking so called "painkillers" in the NFL (unless they are just over the counter stuff, which obviously they are not since they would not provide much benefit). Steroids aren't allowed - why should a player be allowed to numb themselves so they can play.

I'm sitting Taylor regardless if he plays or not. Hopefully they let him rest it another week. This week is our first playoff game and I can't take the chance of getting 0 points if he gets hit in the ribs his first carry. Looks lik it will be Dunn starting in his place.

got this from another message board

Vikings Pregame on KFAN just reported he's working out with the trainer and RB coach right now and may be able to go.

got this from another message board

Vikings Pregame on KFAN just reported he's working out with the trainer and RB coach right now and may be able to go.

Wow, Cant believe he might suit up. I really dont trust fox sports, but i guess they might be right on this one. Luckily i dont own him, what a nightmare for those who own C Taylor. If he goes, and plays the whole game, he might put up top 5 RB numbers.

RB Chester Taylor (ribs) is among the Vikings' inactives for Week 14.

RB Ciatrick Fason will start in Taylor's place and is a decent last-minute fantasy play. Taylor reportedly tried to warm up prior to kickoff, but wasn't able to make it work. Dec. 10 - 11:43 am et

Per Rotoworld

Chester owner here. :thumbsup:

Anybody gonig back and forth on using Houston or Fason? I'm curious to see if Barlow is active.

Im going back and forth on rather to play Kevin Jones or Fason.... hard to bench Jones in a ppr, but Fason might be the better play. :mad:

Pinner has 6 carries, 1 TD, mid-1st Quarter. Fason 1 carry.

Benched McGahee for Fason.

I will now start the process of how I blew another FF playoff, and will begin here. Childress must just hate the press corps and fans. Pinner, my god, Pinner?

that sucks for those who started Fason

WTF Everyone said that Fason was the man behind the man. Pinner is getting all the looks/TD's

Just so i dont get chewed out by chester owners, i did say not to trust fox sports in my first post. This does suck for those who started fason. I cant believe Pnner came out of no where to start :banana: