Sign in to follow this  
Chronic Husker

Sucks Being Me

How much should it cost to change the computer in a 95 Wrangler?

TIA. I'll answer yours.

About $530.00 for the part, assuming that you are talking about the ECM. (engine control module)

and about $30.00 labor to replace

i figured you were about to admit being a broncos fan wasn't so rewarding :ninja:

About $530.00 for the part, assuming that you are talking about the ECM. (engine control module)

and about $30.00 labor to replace

They want $520 for the part and everything together is $690. The guy said a couple hours for labor.

They want $520 for the part and everything together is $690. The guy said a couple hours for labor.

The job itself books out for 1/2 hour according to "Alldata". You could actually do it yourself very easily if you wanted to. Let me know if you want to do it yourself and I'll give you the instructions.

The job itself books out for 1/2 hour according to "Alldata". You could actually do it yourself very easily if you wanted to. Let me know if you want to do it yourself and I'll give you the instructions.

:popcorn:

Mine was stolen too from my 94 Honda. Replacement for a new part was probably $300. But my car guy had one for a Nissan sitting around that he put in my car for $75 parts and labor. He say's it's actually a better performing computer. Only problem is that I have to manually put the car in neutral before starting it (unlock the shift lock with the key) or I can't shift. Works for me.

Appreciate it, but I'm just going to pay the guy. It's not too outrageous and I hate focking with cars. Thanks for your help. :banana:

Appreciate it, but I'm just going to pay the guy. It's not too outrageous and I hate focking with cars. Thanks for your help. :(

Your welcome :doh:

Mine was stolen too from my 94 Honda. Replacement for a new part was probably $300. But my car guy had one for a Nissan sitting around that he put in my car for $75 parts and labor. He say's it's actually a better performing computer. Only problem is that I have to manually put the car in neutral before starting it (unlock the shift lock with the key) or I can't shift. Works for me.

poor Honky.... :mad:

Wrangler? You drive a car not a jeep. Also, thanks for being a douche yesterday because you’re too lazy to wake up and appreciate the beautiful wrapping on your presents. Last time I buy you anything for Christmas you un-grateful spoiled brat :( I made cookies with love, bought a Bronco's shirt that fits over your stomach and your favorite teams hat.....LAST TIME.

:wall:

Wrangler? You drive a car not a jeep. Also, thanks for being a douche yesterday because you’re too lazy to wake up and appreciate the beautiful wrapping on your presents. Last time I buy you anything for Christmas you un-grateful spoiled brat :( I made cookies with love, bought a Bronco's shirt that fits over your stomach and your favorite teams hat.....LAST TIME.

:wall:

Busted :lol:

Mebbe he was just testing my knowledge? :(

Wrangler? You drive a car not a jeep. Also, thanks for being a douche yesterday because you’re too lazy to wake up and appreciate the beautiful wrapping on your presents. Last time I buy you anything for Christmas you un-grateful spoiled brat :lol: I made cookies with love, bought a Bronco's shirt that fits over your stomach and your favorite teams hat.....LAST TIME.

:doublethumbsup:

Whatever. The only thing I remember is that you tried to fart on me. :o Thanks for the Christmas present.

Whatever. The only thing I remember is that you tried to fart on me. :ninja: Thanks for the Christmas present.

I threatened to :P I told 30 FBT that I'm not sure if your ready for the responsibilty of watching our dogs while were gone if you can't even take care of yourself..... :banana: