Sign in to follow this  
Clash of the Titans

*** Official 'Bama Assistant Coaching Hiring Thread ***

i'll keep this updated until the official staff is hired....i know there is so much interest in the 'Bama program on fftoday and it's the offseason here and there are no new memberships being serviced at this time....

former carolina panther lb coach and previous linebacker/executive head coach at fsu....kevin steele hired today (1/4) as 'Bama's defensive coordinator..

former central florida defensive coordinator hired on today (1/4) as likely defensive line coach...official title and capacity not named yet

Defense

coordinator- kevin steele

lance thompson

now i have it on good authority jimbo fisher will be announcd as offensive coordinator tomorrow for a 600k salary or slightly higher...our board of trustees who also preside over UAB's football program nixed him being hired on there as head coach a month ago or so but likes the tide has turned...he supposedly had a handshake agreement with fsu but they won't match our price ( rumored only 400k at most) he prefers saban and his wife is from birmingham.....fsu has promised him a sincere shot at the head coaching job when bowden retires but success at 'Bama under saban will put him on a faster track to get major college gig of his own

thoughts????

in particular sec fans> :thumbsup:

Is Saban going to have another 50 assistant coaches like he did at Miami???? Everyone knows he is just a ego ###### who needs all these people around him to feel important. That is when he is not lecturing someone about ethics, integrity, taking some pride in what you do, loyalty and all that BS ....not one ounce of which is in his scumbag body

:thumbsup:

I'd never heard of Kevin Steele... do you think he's on Joe Kines level? I was a little surprised Kines wasn't retained.

i'll keep this updated until the official staff is hired....i know there is so much interest in the 'Bama program on fftoday and it's the offseason here and there are no new memberships being serviced at this time....

former carolina panther lb coach and previous linebacker/executive head coach at fsu....kevin steele hired today (1/4) as 'Bama's defensive coordinator..

former central florida defensive coordinator hired on today (1/4) as likely defensive line coach...official title and capacity not named yet

Defense

coordinator- kevin steele

lance thompson

now i have it on good authority jimbo fisher will be announcd as offensive coordinator tomorrow for a 600k salary or slightly higher...our board of trustees who also preside over UAB's football program nixed him being hired on there as head coach a month ago or so but likes the tide has turned...he supposedly had a handshake agreement with fsu but they won't match our price ( rumored only 400k at most) he prefers saban and his wife is from birmingham.....fsu has promised him a sincere shot at the head coaching job when bowden retires but success at 'Bama under saban will put him on a faster track to get major college gig of his own

thoughts????

in particular sec fans> :unsure:

LOL, you Bama fans are something else I'll say that much. ****NEWSFLASH**** You haven't done ###### since the Bear died. Oh yeah, he's dead in case you forgot. You guys are nothing more than a mid-rate SEC team and have been for years. Maybe one day it'll finally hit you. Auburn owns you, LSU owns you, Lord you even lost to Miss. State recently. Bama fans are the most delusional fans on the planet. Their sense of entitlement transcends any fans in any sport.

Now on to your actual comments. Jimbo Fisher to Bama? First off, that's highly doubtful. Second, your reasoning for it is focking hilarious. Why the HECK would Jimbo leave LSU - where he's experienced tremendous success and a large salary for a step down to be an OC somewhere like Bama? Are you serious? He wants a head coaching job, that's the only way he leaves LSU. He may go to FSU with the promise of being their head coach down the line. But Bama? Please, more delusions.

You guys suck and have sucked for a long time. Accept it. Oh and P.S., Saban is NOT a god.

You haven't done ###### since the Bear died.

you guys are nothing more than a mid-rate SEC team and have been for years.

Auburn owns you,

LSU owns you,

you even lost to Miss. State recently.

Bama fans are the most delusional fans on the planet.

Their sense of entitlement transcends any fans in any sport.

You guys suck and have sucked for a long time. Accept it.

:unsure:

Unclear what this has to do with fantasy football. Is this posted on the wrong site? Is there now a fantasy league based on assistant coaches in colllege? Need to know scoring to assess.

okay here is some more news for today................

looks like these are likely candidates for certain positions....

rbs- bobby williams ( former michigan state head coach and current dolphins' rb coach) was in tuscaloosa toay and is is all but guaranteed

current linebackers coach for the dolphins- travis jones- will join in some capacity

strenth and conditioning- likely lsu's current one tommy moffitt...he has been s&c coach on 3 national championship staffs...lsu 2003.....miami 2001...tenn 1998.....one of the best in the business

db coach- all but guaranteed it will be kirby smart current db coach for the dolphins......

o-line.... former auburn great stacy searels......could depend on jimbo fisher and if he ends up in tuscaloosa

speaking of fisher.....i am now hearing he is really torn between us and fsu - although i think he may prefer working with saban he is very close to the bowden family and again had a handshake agreement to be coordinator after te season before of course the saban situation occurred......regardless i think he'll announce by monday......i hear packers' qb coach tom clements and current so cal oc steve sarkisian may also be candidates

more tomorrow

okay here is some more news for today................

looks like these are likely candidates for certain positions....

rbs- bobby williams ( former michigan state head coach and current dolphins' rb coach) was in tuscaloosa toay and is is all but guaranteed

current linebackers coach for the dolphins- travis jones- will join in some capacity

strenth and conditioning- likely lsu's current one tommy moffitt...he has been s&c coach on 3 national championship staffs...lsu 2003.....miami 2001...tenn 1998.....one of the best in the business

db coach- all but guaranteed it will be kirby smart current db coach for the dolphins......

o-line.... former auburn great stacy searels......could depend on jimbo fisher and if he ends up in tuscaloosa

speaking of fisher.....i am now hearing he is really torn between us and fsu - although i think he may prefer working with saban he is very close to the bowden family and again had a handshake agreement to be coordinator after te season before of course the saban situation occurred......regardless i think he'll announce by monday......i hear packers' qb coach tom clements and current so cal oc steve sarkisian may also be candidates

more tomorrow

Saban asked Charlie Baggett to go, but he turned down the offer. I'm kind of suprised Saban hasn't asked Scotty O'Brien to go. He's been Sabans right hand man the past two years...

EDIT AGAIN - Sorry skipped over Travis Jones. Only confirmed coaches coming from Miami so far, are Bobby Williams, Travis Jones, and Kirby Smart, like you said. I know a few more he asked to go, but they denied the offer like Baggett.

Fisher's going to FSU if everything I've read turns out to be true.

LOL, you Bama fans are something else I'll say that much. ****NEWSFLASH**** You haven't done ###### since the Bear died. Oh yeah, he's dead in case you forgot. You guys are nothing more than a mid-rate SEC team and have been for years. Maybe one day it'll finally hit you. Auburn owns you, LSU owns you, Lord you even lost to Miss. State recently. Bama fans are the most delusional fans on the planet. Their sense of entitlement transcends any fans in any sport.

Now on to your actual comments. Jimbo Fisher to Bama? First off, that's highly doubtful. Second, your reasoning for it is focking hilarious. Why the HECK would Jimbo leave LSU - where he's experienced tremendous success and a large salary for a step down to be an OC somewhere like Bama? Are you serious? He wants a head coaching job, that's the only way he leaves LSU. He may go to FSU with the promise of being their head coach down the line. But Bama? Please, more delusions.

You guys suck and have sucked for a long time. Accept it. Oh and P.S., Saban is NOT a god.

Oh look...a still-bitter LSU fan :banana: . And you wonder why YOU can't keep a decent coach?

Who the fock says anything about Bear Bryant? (other than other clueless dumbasses around the SEC who've never had a coach nor a tradition like Alabama's I mean)

WTF was LSU before Nick Saban got there? NOTHING. They (you) had a total of THREE (3) winning seasons in the 1990s before Saban got there (that's right...THREE). SEC teams used to chalk up the LSU game as a probable win when looking over the schedule in preseason.

How many national titles does your school have (other than the tainted one that Saban delivered when everyone on the planet knew that USC was the better team, that is)?

And as for Fisher...if LSU is so focking great, why is Fisher leaving AT ALL?

Oh yeah...almost forgot...Alabama 43-22-5 all time vs. LSU. Poseur. :dunno:

How many national titles does your school have (other than the tainted one that Saban delivered when everyone on the planet knew that USC was the better team, that is)?

1. Alabama fans = "Let's talk about the past"

2. I hate LSU as much as the next guy, but only idiots think they weren't the true champions that year.

Fear, well, the other thumb, I guess.