Sign in to follow this  
RollinWithNolan

Eagles survive the Refs and the Giants

My god did the refs ever hate the Eagles today. Sure they called a lot of false starts on the Giants, but those are things that have to be called.

That Pass Interference on S. Brown that set up a NYG field goal was total horse crap. Burress pushed off and then did a flop.

Then add in the no call on the long ball pass interference that was going to Reggie Brown. And how about that crappy illegal block call on Westbrooks PR TD?!?!?!

The better team prevailed though, so that is all that matters.

If anything the Eagles got all the calls. Not saying they didnt earn the win, but :D about refs is just being a whiny pussbag

My god did the refs ever hate the Eagles today. Sure they called a lot of false starts on the Giants, but those are things that have to be called.

That Pass Interference on S. Brown that set up a NYG field goal was total horse crap. Burress pushed off and then did a flop.

Then add in the no call on the long ball pass interference that was going to Reggie Brown. And how about that crappy illegal block call on Westbrooks PR TD?!?!?!

The better team prevailed though, so that is all that matters.

I won't argue with your "better team prevailed" argument. How can someone argue with someone's opinion? Plus, they won. However, I certainly didn't think the Eagles got jobbed by the refs today. You forgot to mention that first and 20 screen pass by the Giants that went for 18 yds. It got called back for a hold that didn't happen to make it first and 30. The fact that the Giants got it is irrelevant.

I won't argue with your "better team prevailed" argument. How can someone argue with someone's opinion? Plus, they won. However, I certainly didn't think the Eagles got jobbed by the refs today. You forgot to mention that first and 20 screen pass by the Giants that went for 18 yds. It got called back for a hold that didn't happen to make it first and 30. The fact that the Giants got it is irrelevant.

:cry:

The sig will be here soon

:D

I actually thought the refs did a pretty good job today. :lol:

The better team did win though. :lol:

Eagles may have a tough time w/ New Orleans if Lito's injury is serious. If Lito can play, then I think they match up well...

I guarantee with or without Lito, the Saints are toast vs. the Eagles.

The Eagles don't stand a chance against the Saints. The Saints domimated them in the first meeting this year and they will do the same next week. The Saints defense is better than alot of people give them credit and the offense has too many weapons for the Eagles defense to handle. Not to mention how crazy it is going to be in the Superdome. As for the refs they sucked it pretty evenly for both teams.

:dunno:

The Eagles don't stand a chance against the Saints. The Saints domimated them in the first meeting this year and they will do the same next week. The Saints defense is better than alot of people give them credit and the offense has too many weapons for the Eagles defense to handle. Not to mention how crazy it is going to be in the Superdome. As for the refs they sucked it pretty evenly for both teams.

Um, the Saints won on a game winning FG as time expired.

I guess that's domination. :banana:

The Saints should win, especially since Lito will be out. But the a lot can be said about the veteran Eagles team vs. the New Orleans newbies. Quite a few rooks on that team, playoff experience is important. If the Eagles took an early lead, things could get interesting.

saints laid an egg versus washington redskins, yes that 5-11 washington team got a win vs neworleans. AFC may be better but the NFC is where the party is. 2 games this weekend decided by a total of 4pts in the nfc

Lets look at the game stats

1st downs- Eagles-20, Saints-22, 3rd down conversions- Eagles-3-10(33%), Saints-8-16(50%),

Time of possession- Eagles-25:57 Saints-34:03, Total net yards- Eagles-325, Saints-372,

Total Plays- Eagles-54, Saints-68, Net yards rushing-Eagles-99, Saints-97,

Net yards Passing- Eagles-226, Saints-275

All you have to do is look at the stats. The saints dominated every stat except one, the eagles had 2 more rushing yards than the Saints. As for the field goal at the end of the game you remember it came at the end of a drive that lasted 8:26, and the Saints took a knee on three downs after the 2 minute warning. They very easily could have scored but decided not to. The Saints chose to eat the clock and impose their will on the Eagles and that is what they did in that game and will do this Saturday.

saints laid an egg versus washington redskins, yes that 5-11 washington team got a win vs neworleans. AFC may be better but the NFC is where the party is. 2 games this weekend decided by a total of 4pts in the nfc

And the Eagles lost to the 4-12 Bucs, so what's your point?

Lets look at the game stats

1st downs- Eagles-20, Saints-22, 3rd down conversions- Eagles-3-10(33%), Saints-8-16(50%),

Time of possession- Eagles-25:57 Saints-34:03, Total net yards- Eagles-325, Saints-372,

Total Plays- Eagles-54, Saints-68, Net yards rushing-Eagles-99, Saints-97,

Net yards Passing- Eagles-226, Saints-275

All you have to do is look at the stats. The saints dominated every stat except one, the eagles had 2 more rushing yards than the Saints. As for the field goal at the end of the game you remember it came at the end of a drive that lasted 8:26, and the Saints took a knee on three downs after the 2 minute warning. They very easily could have scored but decided not to. The Saints chose to eat the clock and impose their will on the Eagles and that is what they did in that game and will do this Saturday.

:D

And the Eagles lost to the 4-12 Bucs, so what's your point?

The Saints dominated?? Did you look at the stats?

:wub:

:first:

Um, didn't the Saints need a final drive and game winning field goal at the end of the 4th quarter?

BTW, the Eagles's defense is alot better than the first meeting.

How high was the jump onto that bandwagon? :wacko:

The biggest way the refs influenced the game was by allowing Runyan to stay. I'll take that over a few questionable calls.

Go Birds. :blink:

The biggest way the refs influenced the game was by allowing Runyan to stay. I'll take that over a few questionable calls.

Go Birds. :blink:

Yeah, all the while Brandon Short is punching LJ Smith in the ribs on the ground. Runyan went off for a reason. I thought, regular season he gets tossed. Playoffs, no way in hell. Either way. I'll take it, too! :dunno:

The Eagles don't stand a chance against the Saints. The Saints domimated them in the first meeting this year and they will do the same next week. The Saints defense is better than alot of people give them credit and the offense has too many weapons for the Eagles defense to handle. Not to mention how crazy it is going to be in the Superdome.

Saints are 4-4 at home this year. Not so "Super" at the dome.

And found this link earlier.

There may not be any fans.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070107/D8MGB5D80.html

Go Birds. :thumbsup:

GMAFB. :rolleyes:

Yeah, all the while Brandon Short is punching LJ Smith in the ribs on the ground. Runyan went off for a reason. I thought, regular season he gets tossed. Playoffs, no way in hell. Either way. I'll take it, too! :dunno:

Short's a focking punk. He's all bark and no bite. Does nothing during the play, but when the whistle blows, he gets in guy's faces and he's all mouth. :thumbsdown:

This thread is brutal, like novacaine. Same old song and dance from Philly fans every year after they win a first playoff game.

Payton has ties here in Dallas, and was on one of the sports talk radio scrub shows. They are gameplanning to shut down Westbrook. Period. That is their entire game plan. Garcia's nickel and dimes aren't worth a penny if Westy is struggling to get in a groove.

Philly's playoff experience is a factor, but homefield is going to be huge for a rookie playoff team. I think the Aints can move the ball on the ground and pound McAllister, just to neutralize Philly's blitzing schemes. Can you think of anyone you'd rather have running play-action than Drew Brees? It's going to be a long day for Philly's secondary.

Looks like more disappointment in the City of Brotherly Love...

This thread is brutal, like novacaine. Same old song and dance from Philly fans every year after they win a first playoff game.

Payton has ties here in Dallas, and was on one of the sports talk radio scrub shows. They are gameplanning to shut down Westbrook. Period. That is their entire game plan. Garcia's nickel and dimes aren't worth a penny if Westy is struggling to get in a groove.

Philly's playoff experience is a factor, but homefield is going to be huge for a rookie playoff team. I think the Aints can move the ball on the ground and pound McAllister, just to neutralize Philly's blitzing schemes. Can you think of anyone you'd rather have running play-action than Drew Brees? It's going to be a long day for Philly's secondary.

Dallas Raiders fan?

Listen, like I told you before, these are threads about playoffs. These don't concern you. If you see a thread on "the worst team in the league", or maybe one titled, "Which NFL owner will be dead next?" feel free to chime in. But you should avoid threads that discuss NFL football since the Raiders are a Division IIA college team.

Agreed...I believe the Saints are much better offensively than the Giants, Bush and Deuce will pose major problems for the Philly defense. I also like the Saints receivers much more, Colston, Horn, Henderson are touggh matchups for any defense. And the key is Drew Brees, give him time and he will pick the Eagle D apart. My prediction Saints 24 Eagles 17.

:sleep: :sleep:

Dallas Raiders fan?

Listen, like I told you before, these are threads about playoffs. These don't concern you. If you see a thread on "the worst team in the league", or maybe one titled, "Which NFL owner will be dead next?" feel free to chime in. But you should avoid threads that discuss NFL football since the Raiders are a Division IIA college team.

So you're done posting after next week, right?