Sign in to follow this  
ccb123

If the NCAA finds the Bush received extra benefits,

Guest JahRasta311

If he looses it will Vince Young get it, or will no one get it?

he's not going to loose it, he may lose it though.

Assuming they do find that, let's play oddsmaker:

Odds of USC receiving scholarship reductions or other penalty: 80%

There will be some repercussions of this in the NCAA as there usually is. However, this wasn't a USC booster or a USC coach, it was completely unrelated to USC.

Odds of Bush losing the Heisman: 5%

It would be setting a new precedent in NCAA football. I think the NCAA wants this story to just go away.

Odds of USC losing Nat'l Championship: 1%

USC didn't know, the NCAA didn't know. You only see drastic measures such as this taken when there are egregious violations of the rules by both the players and school.

I'd say more like this

Odds of losing Heisman - 80%

Odds of losing National Championship - 60%

Odds of sanctions against USC - 35%

My thinking is this. Bush taking money makes him ineligible, therefore USC automatically forfeits the championship and he loses the Heisman, but USC has a chance to come out unscathed since the school was merely a pawn in his evil web of lies.

Of course punishing the university is how the moronic NCAA reacts to this. If I am Bush I laugh at them for taking action, and feel that the NCAA can go fock themselves.... :thumbsdown:

I would imagine that they will take his Heisman and put it next to OJ's :banana:

:P

I would imagine that they will take his Heisman and put it next to OJ's :cheers:

Didn't OJ sell his on ebay or something?

no bowls for the next 3 years - no tv coverage for the next 2 years

a loss of 20 full scholarships year one

a loss of 17 full scholarships year two

a loss of 13 full scholarships year three

:banana:

SMU, OSU (OKLA), MISS STATE, ALABAMA, ok that's all I can think of but I'm sure the big 10 and SEC and Big 12 fans can give more examples. He took money-wrong-punish :dunno:

he's not going to loose it, he may lose it though.

Exactly, how do people not know the difference between lose and loose?

NCAA has no say in whether he receives the Heisman award.

This is awarded from an outside group for which the NCAA does not have control over.

If he loses his Heissman it would be by rules and standards set by that organization.

That would be a tough call, and I would speculate would be voted upon by the same group which votes for players to receive the award.

NCAA can only take the NCAA awarded titles, etc away from the team and I suppose not recognize his contributions on the field. See University of Minnesota from their final 4 team in the late 90's.

This is awarded from an outside group for which the NCAA does not have control over.

If he loses his Heissman it would be by rules and standards set by that organization.

That would be a tough call, and I would speculate would be voted upon by the same group which votes for players to receive the award.

NCAA can only take the NCAA awarded titles, etc away from the team and I suppose not recognize his contributions on the field. See University of Minnesota from their final 4 team in the late 90's.

That's a good point. And I think OJ still has his Heisman (though he sold it, didn't he?). Oh wait, bad example - he never did kill those two people, did he? :D

Hmm... And the BCS and AP aren't NCAA awards. They are awards the bowls have agreed to and polls by the AP. It would be tough for the NCAA to strip USC of its BCS or AP championships....

Which is why we need a playoff for a true NCAA champion :/

That's a good point. And I think OJ still has his Heisman (though he sold it, didn't he?). Oh wait, bad example - he never did kill those two people, did he? :dunno:

OJ sold his heisman. There are two. The school still has the Heisman that was given to USC. Not sure if it's still on display, but I assume so. He wasn't a killer back then...