Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

2007 superbowl Prediction !

( okay technically 2008 but the 2007 season )

Philly vs New England

Case for Philly:

I think McNabb will come back close to 100% for the start of next season and even if he gets injured again I think Garcia will stay as the back up and they won't lose that much.

I think Philly has learned they need to run the ball and Buckhalter and Westbrook will get alot more carries. Only question is can Westbrook take a season 250 - 300 carries ?

Philly's WR's Brown, Stallworth ( I think they resign him ) , Baskett, Smith and Lewis are pretty solid and maybe one of the greatest in the NFC - at least they looked that way at times last season.

Philly's Line is second to none in the NFC when healthy.

Secondary though aging is still one fo the NFC's greatest.

If Kearse comes back the Dline gets a huge boost.

Coaching - I actually think Reid is a really solid coach - damn the guy got Philly to how many champoionship games ? , how many playoff berths ? How greta was Philly before reid ?

I think all around they are going to be the greatest team in the NFC next seaosn and finish 12-4.

Case for New England

QB - top 3 in the NFL

RB - Maroney looks like he can be a 1500 yard RB if he takes the reigns full time. Dillon might be back but unlikley.

WR - I think they found a real diamond in the rough in Gaffney and Caldwell asside from his 2 drops has really played well considering. I do think they add a solid WR in free agency. With a year under the beltt I think Brady develops a nice repor with his wrs and they have a great season. His TEs are second to none.

Oline - one of if the the greatest Oline's in football.

DL - one of the gretaest DL's in football.

LB - I think they add Briggs in the offseason and really boost the LB's

DB's - I think they sign Samuel to a franchise tag if not a contract as the kid is young and top 5 at his position. Hobbs is decent but I think they might add a solid free agent as well maybe Nate Clements.

Coaching - Belichick might be the greatest NFL coach ever to coach football ! or at least top 5 !

They also have 2 first round picks and Patriots are know for turning 1st round picks into gold !

AFC will be really tough with SD, Indy , etc but I think in the end Patriots will be restocked and dominating again.

AS for who would win - I think it would end up a repeat of 04 again with patriots winning a 4th superbowl.

Let's watch SBXLI before we worry about SBXLII.

Let's watch SBXLI before we worry about SBXLII.

that is what i was going to say and then i said to myself, why not? :huh:

Guest JahRasta311

That's interesting, but you made one mistake...you accidentally said New England.

You make a strong case here for NE and Philly, but here's my prediction:

Jacksonville vs New Orleans

Don't ask me for a dissertation on why, I just think J'ville could be strong with the DEF leading the way and Drew, Taylor (if they keep him) and Greg Jones back healthy. If they can get a QB just to manage the offense they will be dangerous.

NO will only continue to get better IMO. The offense is pretty well set, all they need to do is improve on the def through the draft and free agency.

Just a hunch......now, BOMBS AWAY!

You make a strong case here for NE and Philly, but here's my prediction:

Jacksonville vs New Orleans

Don't ask me for a dissertation on why, I just think J'ville could be strong with the DEF leading the way and Drew, Taylor (if they keep him) and Greg Jones back healthy. If they can get a QB just to manage the offense they will be dangerous.

NO will only continue to get better IMO. The offense is pretty well set, all they need to do is improve on the def through the draft and free agency.

Just a hunch......now, BOMBS AWAY!

I think you're half right with New Orleans. They'll do what they need to upgrade the defense(get rid of Fred Thomas for one) and beat Philly in the NFC title game.

Now to the AFC. LT had a disheartening look on his face after losing to NE at home. He wasn't a happy camper. ALL of San Diego is not happy. That won't be the case next year. They're gonna play angry all year and it'll show come superbowl time.

San Diego Chargers over New Orleans.

never :dunno:

:banana:

Well then stop hanging off the new england jockstraps in every thread and predicting non Bear representatives as next year's SB combatants. Its really not that difficult.

Guest JahRasta311

My superbowl 2007 prediction: Mini-Ditka versus the Giants.

My superbowl 2007 prediction: Mini-Ditka versus the Giants.

That's unfair. Mini-Ditka's speed will be too great for the Giants to overcome. They have enough trouble tackling full sized players.

Mini-Ditka 56-Giants 14 (Coach Ditka benches Mini-Ditka by the 4th quarter preventing the shutout)