Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

Congressman calls for full internet monitoring

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7021201337.html

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2174524/...ill-calls-email

A House Republican is pushing a measure that echoes a long-sought Bush administration goal: to require all Internet service providers to keep records on their subscribers.

The measure, introduced by Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Tex.) last week as part of the larger SAFETY Act, would give the attorney general broad discretion to write the rules on what information companies have to retain and for how long.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7021201337.html

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2174524/...ill-calls-email

A House Republican is pushing a measure that echoes a long-sought Bush administration goal: to require all Internet service providers to keep records on their subscribers.

The measure, introduced by Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Tex.) last week as part of the larger SAFETY Act, would give the attorney general broad discretion to write the rules on what information companies have to retain and for how long.

Kinda like our phone bills? :dunno:

Kinda like our phone bills? :dunno:

Eh, a small difference between phone bills and all records of chats, websites viewed, etc. B)

Though it may be interesting seeing how many geeks are rounded up.

Eh, a small difference between phone bills and all records of chats, websites viewed, etc. B)

joneo :dunno:

Eh, a small difference between phone bills and all records of chats, websites viewed, etc. :dunno:

I thought the guberment already had all of our phones tapped? B)

I thought the guberment already had all of our phones tapped? :(

1. I wasn't on the 'all of our phones our tapped' conspiracy talk, so your point has no relevance with me.

2. This bill is targeted at all ISPs for ALL customers, not people the government suspects of possibly having ties to the Middle East/international phone calls. Just a little difference there.

So if you really insist on turning this thread into another pointless political troll fest, I suggest you call up one of the idiot aliases like RP or torrid so you can take turns slapping each other with stupid insults.

1. I wasn't on the 'all of our phones our tapped' conspiracy talk, so your point has no relevance with me.

2. This bill is targeted at all ISPs for ALL customers, not people the government suspects of possibly having ties to the Middle East/international phone calls. Just a little difference there.

So if you really insist on turning this thread into another pointless political troll fest, I suggest you call up one of the idiot aliases like RP or torrid so you can take turns slapping each other with stupid insults.

Man...sarcasm is lost on you tonight :(

I guess this means I have to wear pants now :lol:

That would be a good first step :(

A good second step would be genital mutilation :doh:

Man...sarcasm is lost on you tonight :blink:

I blew it off on the first reply, the second one seemed to be trolling pure and simple. :huh:

I blew it off on the first reply, the second one seemed to be trolling pure and simple. :huh:

It wasn't, but fair enough :blink:

Shhhh.....listen....do you hear that? It's the sound of your civil liberties slowly but surely eroding. :D