Sign in to follow this  
warren2600

Deadbeat Commish Still hasn't paid

so apparently the commish spent the money he was 'holding'.

fine. he's bad with money and we should have gotten the money when he got paid again.

not the case.

he then got laid off.

kinda hard to demand money from a guy who just got laid off...

so we waited until he got a new job.

it's now the end of feb and he has had a new job for three weeks.

not to mention he was 'contracting' for our company even after he got laid off.

he finally said he was going to pay two weeks ago.

not surprisingly he shows up with 50 for each winner.

he STILL owes about 350 to two of us.

i can either

A:) talk to people in his new company, where i know several people and have them talk to him.

nothing illegal, just some major humiliation at a new job letting everyone know he's a piece of ######.

B:) post his cell phone number and/or his picture on this board and hope you all make it a sticky forever.

any other suggestions?

thanks

That happened to me one year. It was $200 and I harrassed him with phone calls until he paid! Call all the time. 4am 11pm etc. HE'll pay!

Facing punching at a family reunion. :cheers:

shoulda never paid you ( pay everyone else of course just not you )! if for nothing else to see the creative things you would done to get your money. lol

:mad:

:alsonotreally:

shoulda never paid you ( pay everyone else of course just not you )! if for nothing else to see the creative things you would done to get your money. lol

:ninja:

:alsonotreally:

Well, you'll get another chance to not pay me next year. :first:

:thumbsdown: :mad: :banana:

please pay me if I win..I depend on that money for milk, eggs and cheese

so apparently the commish spent the money he was 'holding'.

fine. he's bad with money and we should have gotten the money when he got paid again.

not the case.

he then got laid off.

kinda hard to demand money from a guy who just got laid off...

so we waited until he got a new job.

it's now the end of feb and he has had a new job for three weeks.

not to mention he was 'contracting' for our company even after he got laid off.

he finally said he was going to pay two weeks ago.

not surprisingly he shows up with 50 for each winner.

he STILL owes about 350 to two of us.

i can either

A:) talk to people in his new company, where i know several people and have them talk to him.

nothing illegal, just some major humiliation at a new job letting everyone know he's a piece of ######.

B:) post his cell phone number and/or his picture on this board and hope you all make it a sticky forever.

any other suggestions?

thanks

QLIAFT???

:thumbsdown:

i was in the same league with warren and the deadbeat commish. he left out the worst part about all this. on the day the commish finally came in to supposedly pay up (he still contracted for us after he was laid off) he only gave out $50 each to the winners while still owing them $350...but then he asked us all if we wanted to go out drinking later that night since it was his last day here. so he didn't have the money to pay the winners, but he had it to go boozing.

not that this was his money anyways. it wasn't like he lost his job and people were asking for him to give his money. it was never money he was supposed to spend in the first place. also, he had over 2 weeks since the fantasy season ended to pay up before he even lost his job.

oh, and he was all over a couple owners for not paying their money immediately after the league was formed and before we drafted. he threatened to shut down one of the owner's teams if he didn't pay up before our draft, and that is the guy that ended up winning. so he acted like a ###### to get everyone's money, and now that it's time to payout to the winners he disappears.

Wow, this sounds very familiar. In my league, we had a former commish spend the money. He was never responsible and never paid immediately, however he usually did eventually (within a few months). He's a good guy, so people didn't get too anal about it.

Then the year when I finally won the league, not only did he spend the money, he got laid off from work and had no job. I, too, didn't want to feel like a jerk, so I kept quiet for awhile, however after going out with him to bars, restaurants, etc, I started badgering for the money. He even cashed out his 401K and moved out of town (five hours away), so it wasn't looking good.

The next year another person and I became the league's commish, where this former commish showed up to the draft, a year late, with the money.

To handle it, it depends on how much you like the guy or not. If he's a friend, just keep badgering him and eventually you'll get the money. Additionally, don't rejoin a league with him as commish--either elect a new one or join a different league.

If he's a friend, just keep badgering him and eventually you'll get the money. Additionally, don't rejoin a league with him as commish--either elect a new one or join a different league.

This guy is no friend, friends don't do this to each other. I got rid of all the people I knew like this years ago and don't miss them one bit. Bug him until he pays and then cross him off your list.

the guy put all of your league money into Sirius stock and now hes laid off? tough break.....

bang his wife and beat up their kids...

If fftoday had an overall FICO score, it would be about 274.

:thumbsup:

274 is a bit generous

I would just hope to get at least what you put into the league! Then find another league next year. Live and learn. Sucks, but the reality is you can't doink his girl, you can't beat up his kids, and if you call him constantly he'll end up filing harassment charges against you.

Just be cool with him until you get your money and then cross him off your Christmas card list.

This guy is no friend, friends don't do this to each other. I got rid of all the people I knew like this years ago and don't miss them one bit. Bug him until he pays and then cross him off your list.

:unsure:

Go over to his house, knock on the door, be friendly when his wife answers. Punch him in the face.

Then take his TV and stereo...that's what Tony would do

Go over to his house, knock on the door, be friendly when his wife answers. Punch him in the face.

Then take his TV and stereo...that's what Tony would do

I like all the punch in the face suggestions, but you could just agree with him that you don't have to pay your entry fees for a few years.

Have you called him every day since you originally posted this message? I'm telling you, you have to harrass day and night. Get you money and don't let him commish next year. Call him 5 times today, then start harrassing him at work.