Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

Can anyody offer advice on how to set up a blog

With the baby coming and all, I figure it's time to start blogging. I realize how dull and uniteresting I am, but I have reason to brlieve members of my family are interested in the baby.

Under my expert tutelege, 18 years (and two months) from now, I should have raised an adult capable of cleaning the grill at McDonalds or even making the burgers. Child development professionals may want a step by step account of what I'm doing. Maybe historians, maybe child custody case workers, or maybe just my mom.

Anyways I need to know how to set up a blog even though my computer skills don't extend much beyond locating the on/off switch. Any help/advice will be appreciated.

dont know much about set up, but otherwise you lie and steal stuff from the web and post it as your own. thats seems to be SOP.

Just go to blogger, it's free, easy, and a good first step.

or you could try www.blog.com as well :banana:

Good advice.

If you don't have the knowledge to install something on a server/computer, then just go use Blogger or something similar. It will work very well for what you're trying to do. Very simple.

It's become such a vague term, and that's why I decided to not get involved from the start. Everryone is a blogger now.

But yeah ... blogger ... perhaps Myspace or Friendster can serve your needs.

So I posted an entry for today. I want to give this link to my family, I don't know if I'm the only one to post on it or if anybody can. I mean, I figured out how to post, I just don't know if the prompt that allows me to post shows up for anybody that goes there or just for me since I use the password.

Can somebody log on and see if you can post stuff? Or any advice on features I may not be aware of. Thanks in advance.

http://www.blogmyway.org/entry.php?w=jeffa...n&e_id=3470

What about your sister with the huge rack?

Guest Davaco

get a cpu, an internet connection, and a keyboard.

now you can blog

So I posted an entry for today. I want to give this link to my family, I don't know if I'm the only one to post on it or if anybody can. I mean, I figured out how to post, I just don't know if the prompt that allows me to post shows up for anybody that goes there or just for me since I use the password.

Can somebody log on and see if you can post stuff? Or any advice on features I may not be aware of. Thanks in advance.

http://www.blogmyway.org/entry.php?w=jeffa...n&e_id=3470

Do you mean you want people to be able to comment or to create their own blog entries? Obviously, commenting works. If it's the latter, I don't know how the service you are using works, but on Blogger, you can add team members who can all create entries on the same blog.

I've spent time just screwing around with different things in Blogger. That's the best way to learn what features you have and whatnot.