Sign in to follow this  
WKTSWAY

No brainer trade?

Someone in my dynasty league just offered me this trade... ppr league, my roster is in my sig.

I would give McGahee and get Chris Perry, his Round 1, 2, and 3 rookie picks in 2009.

Now, I don't know if I relly want Chris Perry anymore, but is there a reason I should not do this trade?

Background on one of his trades earlier this offseason: He got Tom Brady for Jon Kitna, 2-2007 round 2 picks, a 2007 round 3 pick, and his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round rookie picks in 2008 (and he already has Peyton Manning).

Anyway, here is his roster now:

Brady, Tom NEP QB

Griese, Brian CHI QB

Manning, Peyton IND QB

Anderson, Mike BAL RB

Barber, Tiki FA RB

Davis, Stephen STL RB

Dillon, Corey FA RB

Fargas, Justin OAK R

Morris, Maurice SEA RB

Perry, Chris CIN RB

Pinner, Artose MIN RB

Smith, Musa BAL RB

Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB

Wright, Jason CLE RB

Bryant, Antonio FA WR

Curry, Ronald OAK WR

Engram, Bobby SEA WR

Evans, Lee BUF WR

Glenn, Terry DAL WR

Harrison, Marvin IND WR

Jenkins, Michael ATL WR

Lelie, Ashley SFO WR

Heap, Todd BAL TE

Gould, Robbie CHI PK

Should I go for McGahee for his 2009 and 2010 1st round rookie picks? Should I try for a different player, or just take this trade and run?

Thanks for the help, I will help you out as well.

Where do you pick in the draft? You could get a replacement in the 2007 draft for McGahee if you are comfortable starting Rudi and Addai weekly. Picks are sweet if used correctly. I have made bad moves BMW in the 1st, followed by fantastic moves, Gore in the 2nd in 2005.

I myself made the move of a lifetime in 2005 when after week 1, I determined that Calvin Johnson is the greatest WR prospect ever. And it's not even close. I traded Jerry Porter then for the guy's 2007 1st Rd pick. He ended up with the worst record and CJ is mine. Pure theft and the trade was possible because Porter had just put up a 998 yard 9 TD season. I was called crazy for trading Porter just when he was 'coming into his own'. But because I get the NFL network and kkep tabs on training camps, I knew that for the 3rd conscecutive year, Porter faked a leg injury so as not to have to participate. I want this:

Shaw agrees, pointing out while Johnson's numbers at Georgia Tech (76 catches, 1,202 yards, 15 touchdowns as a junior) were stellar, it's his attitude that makes Johnson stand out. "Calvin Johnson is completely different than any athlete I've come across," Shaw said. "He works out like he's a free agent, like he's Mr. Irrelevant. Calvin is an athlete that is the hardest worker I've ever had. He never gets frustrated. All he wants to do is get better."

out of my receivers. :dunno:

Where do you pick in the draft? You could get a replacement in the 2007 draft for McGahee if you are comfortable starting Rudi and Addai weekly. Picks are sweet if used correctly.

I traded away my 1.02 rookie pick for Addai. So this year I have the 2.02 and 3.02 rookie picks...prolly not enough to get a replacement right away at RB, but possibly someone who could pan out. I would start Rudi and Addai every week, but I do like starting a 3rd RB at flex. I'm up in the air about this trade because the compensation is so far in the future, but this guys team might be no good by then since he has to rely on trades to get any better now.

honestly, I think I'd be Inclined to hang on to McGahee.

He's still only 27 and was playing for a seriously underachieving Bills team for a long time. Moving to a better team in Baltimore will be good for him.

If baltimore has a good year, you know that McGahee will get lots of garbage carries to kill the clock late in those games when the Ravens have the lead.

as compared to being on a bills team that had to give up on the run when they got behind early in the game.

I'd expect a much better year for McGahee in Baltimore.

Also, you are always better off if you can start a RB in the flex spot, and I think you are losing a lot if you get rid of McGahee.

How about this...if he would take it, should I offer this:

McGahee for 2009 Round 1, 2009 Round 2, 2010 Round 1, and 2010 Round 2.

He just offered me his round 1, 2, and 3 in 2009, Perry, AND Wright. If I do get rid of McGahee, I want to get a lot out of it. Would the above deal be good for me (I do like using a flex at RB, but if I can be alright this year and have ammo to build a few years from now too, it may be better in the long run).

Again, I don't like that the picks are so far down the road, but this many picks for one player may be too good to pass up. I'm just still on the fence about this.

How about this...if he would take it, should I offer this:

McGahee for 2009 Round 1, 2009 Round 2, 2010 Round 1, and 2010 Round 2.

He just offered me his round 1, 2, and 3 in 2009, Perry, AND Wright. If I do get rid of McGahee, I want to get a lot out of it. Would the above deal be good for me (I do like using a flex at RB, but if I can be alright this year and have ammo to build a few years from now too, it may be better in the long run).

Again, I don't like that the picks are so far down the road, but this many picks for one player may be too good to pass up. I'm just still on the fence about this.

Well, my view is that you had a weak year because palmer & McGahee underachieved.

If McGahee turns this around on his new team as I think he will, and Palmer turns it around on his, you could potentially have a shot at winning this next year.

Especially if Berrian improves on last season's performance as well.

I guess if you insist on dumping McGahee, asking for 2 firsts and 2 second round picks in the rookie draft isnt bad, but I think you have a fair shot at winning and I wouldnt want to mess that up.

the thing about draft picks, is that they are only draft picks and will only get you prospects. Prospects dont always turn out. McGahee is money in the bank and I think his value will only go up if he starts out strong on a better Baltimore team.

Well, my view is that you had a weak year because palmer & McGahee underachieved.

If McGahee turns this around on his new team as I think he will, and Palmer turns it around on his, you could potentially have a shot at winning this next year.

Especially if Berrian improves on last season's performance as well.

I guess if you insist on dumping McGahee, asking for 2 firsts and 2 second round picks in the rookie draft isnt bad, but I think you have a fair shot at winning and I wouldnt want to mess that up.

the thing about draft picks, is that they are only draft picks and will only get you prospects. Prospects dont always turn out. McGahee is money in the bank and I think his value will only go up if he starts out strong on a better Baltimore team.

ty sir, just needed some sense talked into me I think.

How good is the league? Will it still be alive in 2009-2010? I know you are talking dynasty,but so many league run for 3 or 4 years and then crap teams jump ship.

Plus how much roster space do you have? I like picks because they don't have to fit under the 25-30 man roster limmit.

The hard part is a starting RB now for what could be something in 2009 & 2010

IMO if you like McGahee,then keep him . If not -then this is not bad value

goodluck