Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Is there anything more satisfying....

...Than telling your boss he's completely, 100% wrong - and proving it?? :banana:

My boss is a really nice guy - and hella sharp. But he's been SO wrong on SO many things with respect to my line of expertise. FFT notwithstanding, I write pretty well. Just got done writing a memo 'confirming' a few points from a meeting we had yesterday where he pretty much just flat out said I was wrong about a few things.

Of course, I was right and he was wrong. Even if you know it at the time, you can't really force an argument. (Sure, back in the day, I did...) Also, You can't do the "I told you so", so you do one of these:

"There was some question about ____________. I have subsequently confirmed that we indeed DO need to _______ This has been confirmed by ________and by______ . Additionally, this has been independently confirmed by _________ and is noted in statute ___________ (provided below)."

(This would be known as the "dead horse" paragraph). :pointstosky:

That's the big difference between construction and white collar. Back in the day, you could just tell a guy to F off. Now, you tell him the same thing, but use 98 different pollysyllabic words to do so. :banana:

Waving goodbye to my mother-in-law and knowing I won't see her again for several weeks is even more satisfying that that.........

Now, you tell him the same thing, but use 98 different pollysyllabic words to do so. :pointstosky:

...and you throw one of these :banana: in the e-mail.

...and you throw one of these :banana: in the e-mail.

Only with the dames my frined.

'Cause ya know, they can sense "tone". :banana: :pointstosky: