Sign in to follow this  
Guest Black Label Society

David Carr/Dominick Davis Released - Per NFL Network

Not to rub things in, but as a Packer fan I thank the Lord every day that the Vikes were first to interview Childress and wouldn't allow him to board the plane to GB to interview for their HC position. Living in Viking country I certainly got a lot of guff from my friends who are Viking fans about how they got the cream of the crop of new coaches while GB got some nobody coordinator from San Francisco. They haven't said a whole lot lately. What's that saying? "But for the grace of God go I." Thank you Minnesota front office.

I wouldn't be spouting off too much about the Packers because they are still not much more than a .500 team even with Favre and McCarthy is not going to make you guys forget about Lombardi or even Holmgren at any point.

Having said that not too many are happy about how things are being run, which is sad because there is a very nice nucleus of players signed to cap friendly long term deals and they will be another 40 million under the cap next season again. But they do not have the front office/head coaching personnel to take advantage of the position Brzenzski has put them in. :rolleyes:

well, I think this is a situation that is good for both sides.

Carr was never gonna put up good numbers behind that terrible O-Line, and I'm sure he gets a pretty good buyout.

I dont think he's an allstar, but he is definitely a starter. If he goes elsewhere I think he will do well. It's just that he's the type of QB that needs a decent team around him to perform well, and that has never happened in Houston and doesnt look like it will happen in the near future.

I'm not a huge carr fan, but I dont think he's as bad as everyone says he is. You put most QB's onto that crappy team and I cant see many of them doing well there.

the team as it is would be a terrible place for a QB to be.

Not even the Browns have interest in this turd.

The Beacon Journal reports QB David Carr was waived by the Texans on Friday. The Browns have no interest in the quarterback; it's believed the Oakland Raiders will make the most serious bid for him.

well, their O-Line isnt that great either.

If I was carr, I'd tell my agent that I want a team with a good O-Line.

of course, it could very well be the case that he may not have much of a choice of where he goes due to his performance the last year or two....

either way, we'll see how things go shortly....

lmao. :o

Simply amazing that both they didn't have the forsight to replace D.Davis{Williams} or D.Carr with a R.Bush,V.Young or M.Leinhart in last yrs draft.

Crazy.

I wouldn't be spouting off too much about the Packers because they are still not much more than a .500 team even with Favre and McCarthy is not going to make you guys forget about Lombardi or even Holmgren at any point.

Not spouting off at all. I am not annointing McCarthy the next great coach, just saying that I prefer him to the alternative that is Brad Childress. While the Packers fans have a glimmer of hope of Green Bay being a better team next year a lot of my Viking fan friends have already thrown in the towel for the 2007-08 season.

Not even the Browns have interest in this turd.

The Beacon Journal reports QB David Carr was waived by the Texans on Friday. The Browns have no interest in the quarterback; it's believed the Oakland Raiders will make the most serious bid for him.

Heck, if I was Carr and wanted a chance to start, I wouldn't go to Cleveland either. Their o-line isn't much better than Houston's to be honest and arguably it's worse.