Sign in to follow this  
RicemanX

Anyone into eating competitions?

So we have a group competition thing for my college with various events for points. One of them is the eating contest which I am considering to participate in. The food item is hot dogs.

ANyone got any advice for preparing for this or eating methods?

PS. It is NOT a very serious competition, so I'm not going to train for a week or anything.

might as well learn from the master:

Kobayashi

Kobayashi expands his stomach for a competition by eating larger and larger amounts of food, and then exercises to ensure that fat will not impede expansion of his stomach during a competition.[9] According to a 2006 episode of MTV's documentary series True Life, Kobayashi has a condition called gastroptosis, an abnormal downward displacement of the stomach. It plays a role in his eating ability because his stomach is able to expand below the rib cage unlike most people, allowing him to take in large portions of food.

Physically Kobayashi has undergone drastic change from his earlier appearances on the competitive eating circuit (weighing in at a mere 110 pounds in his beginning competitions and then 144 pounds in later events.) This is due in large part to his more recent endeavors in weight training. By training with weights and working out, Kobayashi has increased his metabolism, which in turn has helped him to burn more calories. This training is used by Kobayashi to maintain his overall health as well as helping him to elude excess calories from being stored as fat. Kobayashi's official Web site gives his height as 173 cm (5 ft 7 in) and his weight as 75 kg (165 lb), but in a June 29, 2006, entry on his blog, he says that his weight grew to over 196 pounds during 2006, still being under 10 percent body fat.

Kobayashi is also known for his trademark body wiggle, affectionately known as the Kobayashi Shake, which he uses to force food down his esophagus and settle more compactly in his stomach.[10] He eats the hot dogs by splitting the frankfurter in half, swallowing both parts at once, and then dipping the buns in water, Sprite, or 7-Up and stuffing it in his mouth. He calls this the Solomon method.[11]

I thought this was about oral sex. :blink: