Sign in to follow this  
The Moose

What should I do my Statistics project on?

I was thinking that maybe I could do something about whether a RB having more carries one season increases the chances of getting injured the next, but I know that one of the FFToday writers already did something on that. I could also do something about the whole 3rd-year WR theory. Any ideas would be more than welcome. I will, of course, share my results with you guys to stir up some discussion. :bench:

Something easy would be the 'get 2 good rbs in the first two rounds' theory. 3 year WR is good. Draft a qb late theory.

how about something involving the madden curse?

that might be interesting.

I like the idea, but I'm not sure there have been enough Madden games for something like this. With 3rd-year WR theory, for example, I could get data on every WR in the NFL if I wanted to. With Madden, I only have 8 or so players to work with.

I know someone who showed that play calling in the NFL approximated the matching law. I think he only looked at the Cardinals over a few years, but showed that the likelihod of a pass or run was closely related to the average yards gained on each type of play. For example, if pass plays averaged twice as many yards, they were called twice as often.

Someone else compared winning percentage to ticket sales over several years. For some teams there was a relationship, for others not.

# of OL drafted in the 1st 3 RDS related to a teams running game success (ignore who the RB is). Since they last 10-15 years and take a few years to develope, I would suggest taking a 6 year period of drafts and the subsequent 6 years stats. :blink:

It will look like you did a lot more work than you did.

Percentages of off the field problems for our african american brothers in the NFL

Percentages of off the field problems for our african american brothers in the NFL

:blink:

PROVE TO THE WORLD, ONCE AND FOR ALL... THE CANCELLATION THEORY FOCKING WORKS!!!

This thread is over and I win it! ;)