Sign in to follow this  
Big Blue 06

Limewire Question

Need a little help here guys. I have a bunch of music burned from CDs to my computer. I also have a bunch of music downloaded from Limewire to my computer.

I am having no problem burning CDs from the stuff I copied, but I'm having trouble burning the limewire stuff. Any ideas on how I can burn this limewire material? All help is much appreicated. TIA! :lol:

THIEF!!! :lol:

Lars Ulrich will have your HAID! :mad:

Fine .... geeze!

Are you trying to burn an AUDIO CD that plays like a normal CD or a DATA CD that contains data, such as MP3's and your pedo boy-love movie?

If you are using Itunes I think your limewire folder in Itunes is a network or shared folder and cannot be burned from. You need to find where these files are and actually import them into itunes and then you can burn away.

Let my try and make this smple.

An MP3 is a DATA file ... so your average CD player can't read it. It can be burned to an AUDIO file, like most CD's are, but it has to be coverted.

Is that your problem? Trying to play an MP3 on a non-MP3 compatible system?

I've found, once converted to audio, I can fit almost 20 songs on a CD (750 MB). Of course, as DATA ... more like 200.

Fine .... geeze!

Are you trying to burn an AUDIO CD that plays like a normal CD or a DATA CD that contains data, such as MP3's and your pedo boy-love movie?

Trying to burn audio CDs.

I save a group of songs from limewire onto my desktop as a file, maybe 14-15 songs. Then I open my burning software, and upload the file I saved onto my desktop. Then it lists all the songs I had saved in that file, and I can take them out and move them as I see fit

:blink:

Trying to burn audio CDs.

Ok, well then you need to CONVERT the MP3's to audio files. Depends on what system you are using. I like Disk Blaze, for the Mac ... it converts MP3's to audio on the fly ... but that's your problem. You downloaded an MP3 ... and a CD player has no idea WTF an MP3 is.

Ok, well then you need to CONVERT the MP3's to audio files. Depends on what system you are using. I like Disk Blaze, for the Mac ... it converts MP3's to audio on the fly ... but that's your problem. You downloaded an MP3 ... and a CD player has no idea WTF an MP3 is.

i dont even mess with converting. just save to a folder or desktop, then upload that file. My burning software picks it up as is and burns it that way

i dont even mess with converting. just save to a folder or desktop, then upload that file. My burning software picks it up as is and burns it that way

You are correct and so will Itunes if indeed we knew what software he uses for his music

Well, if you can play the CD on a CD player .... you converted it.

:blink:

Well, if you can play the CD on a CD player .... you converted it.

<_<

i didnt, the software did :blink:

i didnt, the software did :blink:

6 of one, half dozen of the other ... but you CAN'T play an MP3 on any old CD player. Gotta convert it to an audio file first.

You are correct and so will Itunes if indeed we knew what software he uses for his music

I do it the simple way. I download from limewire and play it in limewire. I play copied music using Windows Media player. :dunno:

limewire>itunes>burn CD

limewire>nero>burn CD

I do it the simple way. I download from limewire and play it in limewire. I play copied music using Windows Media player. :dunno:

what software do you use to burn music?

what software do you use to burn music?

When I was trying to burn my CD, I found the file and clicked "burn to CD". It automatically started a "burn playlist" in Windows Media Player. It had no problem burning the copied music, but it gave me a file not found when I got to the downloaded songs. :dunno:

Buy an iPOD and a wireless radio transmitter, :mad:

I used to be able to burn MP3's onto a CDR and listen to them in a CD player, but my new Honda doesn't recognize burned aduio CD's like my Grand Am did, :cry:

I'm guessing your problem is related to the setup of your downloaded songs library. Must be pointing to a location on your hard drive that has nothing in it.