Sign in to follow this  
dolfan06

I am better than some of you

and for the rest of you, thank you for leading by your example. I hope to one day be as good as you are right now.

dolfan03 > fricker69

My desire to be great burns like chestnuts over an open fire.

Yes I know that burning well! My burning desire burns deep in my soul, like a turkey frying in peanut oil to a crispy golden-brown. Sometimes the burning goes so deep that the hot peanut oil splatters and singes all the hair on my shins. I mean, it's a deep burning, is what I'm saying.

Yes I know that burning well! My burning desire burns deep in my soul, like a turkey frying in peanut oil to a crispy golden-brown. Sometimes the burning goes so deep that the hot peanut oil splatters and singes all the hair on my shins. I mean, it's a deep burning, is what I'm saying.

To show full commitment, you should stick your head in that vat of hot oil to remove the turkey.

Sometimes a part of me wishes that I were just like Dolfan. But then I think, if I were just like him, there would be two identical people in the world. I think the world is better off with me being a different person than him; my contributions, good and bad, are part of the fabric which makes this one of the best planets in the universe.

I usually feel better after that.

Sometimes a part of me wishes that I were just like Dolfan. But then I think, if I were just like him, there would be two identical people in the world. I think the world is better off with me being a different person than him; my contributions, good and bad, are part of the fabric which makes this one of the best planets in the universe.

I usually feel better after that.

I don't know if you're in the class of people who would be bettered or worsened by being made to be just like me, but your sentiments ring true and clear to me, like the song of a hand-bell choir caroling "Joy to the World" on a mid-December evening. One of the best planets in the universe indeed.

I don't know if you're in the class of people who would be bettered or worsened by being made to be just like me, but your sentiments ring true and clear to me, like the song of a hand-bell choir caroling "Joy to the World" on a mid-December evening. One of the best planets in the universe indeed.

I played the trumpet in HS, and several years I played at our church's midnight mass. The recessional song at the end was always Joy to the World. We played it in D, which is relatively low for a trumpet. And we played it about 638216321 times in a row as people hung around and discussed the joys of Christmas. Despite the low key it was quite tiring. Nevertheless I was happy to bring a little joy into peoples' lives.

I'm not saying this to imply that I fit into a particular class mind you. I'm merely providing an example of a way I've impacted the matrix of humankind which differs from the way you did. Unless you were the other trumpet player whose name escapes me. But even then, we played a harmonic arrangement.

I played the trumpet in HS, and several years I played at our church's midnight mass. The recessional song at the end was always Joy to the World. We played it in D, which is relatively low for a trumpet. And we played it about 638216321 times in a row as people hung around and discussed the joys of Christmas. Despite the low key it was quite tiring. Nevertheless I was happy to bring a little joy into peoples' lives.

I'm not saying this to imply that I fit into a particular class mind you. I'm merely providing an example of a way I've impacted the matrix of humankind which differs from the way you did. Unless you were the other trumpet player whose name escapes me. But even then, we played a harmonic arrangement.

I think it's shortsighted to try and rank people in relation to oneself. For example, I played the tuba, and every year in college around the holidays my brass quintet would roam the dining halls and spread Christmas joy. But, the diners experienced the greatest joy by far when I played on my tuba the slow opening strains of "Hava Nagila"--a comical wink and a nod to our Hebrew brothers and sisters--and as I gradually with my tuba drove the rhythmic strains faster and faster to their joyous Hebrew conclusion. All of our spirits were lifted and slightly more erect than normal for the experience.

I played the skinflute. :lol:

I hope that you embraced it and made that skinflute a harmonious part of you.