Sign in to follow this  
sportsguyla

Addai vs Bush, PPR, New Dynasty league

I have pick 1.5 and Im pretty sure both these guys will be available. i project:

LT

SJAX

LJ

GORE

I know Westbrook and FWP are options as well. I just really believe that if players are close, you go with youth in a DYNASTY league.

Addai certainly will get the rushing yards, even if Indy picks up an RB2. He should get 1200yrds and id guess 40-50 receptions for maybe another 300 yrds.

Bush has so much upside, and I wonder how much longer after this yr Deuce will be around. Bush could get 800+yrds rushing and 80-90 receptions for another 700 yrds.

Westbrook is the best of both worlds, getting the 1200 trds and pron 70 receptions, but he is the biggest health risk of all the players.

FWP, I just dont get excited about the Pitt offense, so Im not super big on him.

Any thoughts?

Ill take addai. He should get the goalline carries, and hes also a big ppr rb. Bush will be splitting production with mcallister, especially rushing tds. I thought I read recently about the CS getting addai even more involved in the passing game this year. Dont forget he caught 10 passes in the last game he played in

I would take Addai. He's the clear favorite in the Indy backfield. Bush still has to compete with DMc (although I agree that Bush will have a big year).

I just think that even if Indy resigns Mungro or brings in someone else, Addai is a goldmine as the #1RB in that offense.

Is Addai that good, or is a he a product of the system is a big question. And are you certain he is going to be a featured back to get all these touches over the long haul. To me with PPR, in a dynasty league... Bush is easily the better long term option. Of course I am heavily biased.

Is Addai that good, or is a he a product of the system is a big question. And are you certain he is going to be a featured back to get all these touches over the long haul. To me with PPR, in a dynasty league... Bush is easily the better long term option. Of course I am heavily biased.

No, I think Addai really is that good. He was that good @ LSU, he just never really got the full time job.

With that said.. I still think Bush is the slightly better choice here. Addai would also be a great selection, but just of the fact up Bush's upside, combined with how many passes he is going to catch... You gotta go with Bush.

Bush may never really be the full time back.. But let me tell you a little something as a Saints homer. Deuce will most probably be gone next year. During the Haslett era, they signed him to an enormous contract--which basically was a mistake. Deuce isn't special anymore, he was... But he's lost that dynamic touch that he used to have. He will make too much money to be kept next year, so he will be moved on way or another. Antonio Pittman will probably be groomed to take his role, but Pittman is no beast. He will just be the grind it out guy, while Bush's carries/touches increase over the years.

Bush should get 12-15 carries a game next year, with around the same amount of receptions. Over the years, those 12-15 carries should hopefully expand to 15-18.. and we all know what he should be able to do with those.

Yes, Bush started out really slowly last year, but he was very, very dynamic during the final strech of the season. He had an ankle inujry that hampered him for the beginning of the season, so that was part of the reasoning for his struggles. The other being that he just wasn't used to the NFL speed. He is now, and he will just get better and better.

So that's my opinion. You can't lose with Addai, but the sky is the limit with Bush.

"Push it to the limit.. "

go westy young man! bush splits time, and can he handle a full load? addai? will be good, but as good as his ADP? i don't think so. course i could be completely wrong.

Alexander

Absolutely the wrong pick in a dynasty league. :dunno:

Bush will be the better player long term. The Saints like to use his talents and are not burning him out on touches. Addai is a close second.

Absolutely the wrong pick in a dynasty league. :dunno:

Bush will be the better player long term. The Saints like to use his talents and are not burning him out on touches. Addai is a close second.

Cool screen name, man!

Really freaking neat.

Alexander

:dunno:

1. The thread was Addai vs. Bush

B. Why would you take SA in a dynasty league at this point in his career?

Third of all, Bush is a freak and Addai plays in the best offense in the league. SA doesn't even know if his foot is still broken or not.

I'd go with Westbrook instead of either Addai or Bush. I appreciate the dynasty aspect, but you still want to do well now as well. Westbrook turns 28 this year, which still gives him a few years, and he'll give the greatest contribution this year.

Ill take addai. He should get the goalline carries, and hes also a big ppr rb. Bush will be splitting production with mcallister, especially rushing tds. I thought I read recently about the CS getting addai even more involved in the passing game this year. Dont forget he caught 10 passes in the last game he played in

took the words right out of my mouf. :thumbsup:

The board seems pretty split between the Addai and Bush, with a strong dash of Westy. Im so torn, every post I read convinces me about that player, lol. It seems more and more like I cant go wrong with any of these players.

Is anyone be concerned with Bush's horrible 3.6 yards per carry avg.? Id imagine unless that number goes up to a minimum of 4.0ish, he will never be considered a candidate to be the number one rushing option out of the backfield. I didnt watch enough Saints games to see if he improved over the course of the year following his blocks and finding the holes. Or was it a matter of, when he was lined up in the backfield he drew the focus of the entire defense?

Addai is the safer pick. For me, I would look at Edge's numbers in his second year in the league and guess that Addai will be within 10% of those numbers this year.

Can the same evaluation be made for Reggie Bush? He has a very similar game to Marshall Faulk, so by that comparison, you can look at Faulk's second year in the league in order to get a very rough idea.

Bush is a much better athlete than Addai, however alot of times that's not the biggest factor in the equation.

I would think Bush has a slightly better year than he had last year. He learned to just take what they give him out of the backfield at the end of the year last year. So I would think better rushing numbers. He will never be that feature back. They have Deuce and even drafted RB this year so they know they need someone to be that pound it out up the middle back.

I think Addai and Bush in the two offenses make them hard decisions. I would give the edge to Addai more because of Manning never gets hurt. Brees has had some injuries and made it through entire year last year. Just a guess.

Alexander

right...because 30 y/o RBs with tons of milage coming off of a delecate injury of a broken bone in his foot is a quality top 5 pick in a dynasty league. :sleep:

I think in effort to be a smarmy knowitall d0uchebag, too many people around here fail to read the topics before clicking "reply". Just saying. :rolleyes:

On topic I'd go with Addai, simply because he's in a better, more consistent offense without being in a RBBC like Bush is. Who knows how long McAllister will be paired with Bush, and after that who's to say they don't go out and sign another "thunder" to go with Bush's lightning.

All the Faulk comparisons in the world won't mean jack if the guy is never given the opportunity as a "feature back".